On behalf of Africa I say Thank you CAMEROON...R.MILLA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg
On behalf of Africa I say Thank you CAMEROON...R.MILLA

Post by Metho scorpion »

If I am a Cameroonian I will ignore some gumybear brain that parade this site during the topic of comparing Roger.M to JJ.
When we talk of Roger M., we are talking of an achiever for Africa. They increased the number of Africa rep from one to two to three to Five. He was a part of them all. Cameroon, ignore halfbake argument that comes from halfbake professionals. Africa owes you big time.
And I think Naija in particular should keep low when it has to do with Cameroon or Cameroonian player untill we can eliminate Cameroon in WC qualifying, beat them in 3 ACN finals(not quaters or dime or Nickle like that of Tunisia that was celebrated for months ) and get to the Quartefinals of WC.....untill then they are our hus.
Halfbakers be quiet.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: On behalf of Africa I say Thank you CAMEROON...R.MILLA

Post by juventuss »

Metho scorpion wrote:If I am a Cameroonian I will ignore some gumybear brain that parade this site during the topic of comparing Roger.M to JJ.
When we talk of Roger M., we are talking of an achiever for Africa. They increased the number of Africa rep from one to two to three to Five. He was a part of them all. Cameroon, ignore halfbake argument that comes from halfbake professionals. Africa owes you big time.
And I think Naija in particular should keep low when it has to do with Cameroon or Cameroonian player untill we can eliminate Cameroon in WC qualifying, beat them in 3 ACN finals(not quaters or dime or Nickle like that of Tunisia that was celebrated for months ) and get to the Quartefinals of WC.....untill then they are our hus.
Halfbakers be quiet.
well said.,... well said... i fully agree with you.. great points

Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Metho Scorpion:
It was Tunisia that blazed a trail for Africal. It was Tunisia's performance in 1978 that earned Africa two spots. As at that time only 16 teams participated in the world cup. West Germany won the world cup in 1974 and defended it in 1978. West Germany were in the same group with Tunisia, Poland and Mexico.
The opening match was between West Germany and Tunisia. It was a wildly contested match that ended goalless. Tunisia then beat Mexico 3-1 and lost 0-1 to Poland. Poland and Germany qualified from the group. Because of Tunisia's impressive performance, Africa was alloted 2 spots when Fifa enlarged world cup teams from 16 to 24 for the first time in 1982 in Spain. The next time Fifa enlarged the world cup teams for Africa was after 1990 largely due to Cameroon's performance as you have correctly said.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

guys. tunisia indeed blazed the trail while cameroon's performance in '90 was responsible for the increase to 3 teams. However, the performance of nigeria and morocco(if i remember correctly) in '94 was responsible for the increase to 5 teams. cameroon really messed up in '94 but the other 2 teams made up for it.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

juventuss,

Good one my guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: