Benjamin scores for Juventus A team in midweek friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Benjamin scores for Juventus A team in midweek friendly

Post by Paveman »

Juventus played a midweek friendly today against dilettantes Giaveno. The final result was 8-2.

The goals were scored by Miccoli (2), Di Vaio (2), Zalayeta (2), Tacchinardi and Benjamin. Benjamin was one of 10 Youth players who played the last twenty minutes of the midweek friendly.

It's good that Benjamin keeps on scoring. I am told that Lippi likes Benjamin a lot and he thinks he has a great future ahead of him. Way to go.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Last I read, Lippi thinks he still has some ways...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

TXJ:

I said great future NOT great present. If Lippi thought so highly of him, he'd play him every sunday and in Champions League matches.

Nevertheless, Lippi thinks he can make the future Juventus squad. That's a big thing I think.
chopeski
Egg
Egg
Re: Benjamin scores for Juventus A team in midweek friendly

Post by chopeski »

Paveman wrote:Juventus played a midweek friendly today against dilettantes Giaveno. The final result was 8-2.

The goals were scored by Miccoli (2), Di Vaio (2), Zalayeta (2), Tacchinardi and Benjamin. Benjamin was one of 10 Youth players who played the last twenty minutes of the midweek friendly.

It's good that Benjamin keeps on scoring. I am told that Lippi likes Benjamin a lot and he thinks he has a great future ahead of him. Way to go.

Paveman:

I hope Benjamin gets the necessary breakthrough at Juve. Like life itself, one needs a huge chunk of luck to go with alongside ability. Benjamin needs the breaks Martins got at Inter. However, looking at Juve’s forward line up, I will be surprised if he makes the breakthrough at Juve any soon.

He must be ranked behind Trez, Del Piero, Miccoli, Zaleyeta, Di Vaio. It would take something calamitous for six of these guys to get injured at a go! He would need to be farmed out to another Serie A team and hopefully would do the business there and move on to bigger things hereon.

I wish him all the best though.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I suspect he will be loaned out in June to a Serie A side (like Perugia, Bologna) with very good ties with Juvenuts, or else as a loan deal in exchange of a transfer of some player (e.g. if Gilardino of Parma is transferred to Juventus, Benjamin might move to Parma temporarily) or else to a Serie B side (Catania or Ternana spring to mind.. unless they are in Serie A next year).

This has been the standard process for most Juventus strikers over the past few years. Miccoli was bought by Juventus 3 years ago but spent 2 years playing on loan first at Ternana (serie B) then at Perugia. When he had such a magnificent season at Perugia, Juventus had no option but to bring him back. Di Vaio was bought from Parma 3 years ago too, but he was left at Parma for an extra year to 'mature'. After being one of Serie A's top scorers, Juventus brought him over. Zalayeta has also been loaned out to Empoli and Danubio (in his homecountry Uruguay) before breaking into the first team.

I remain convinced that Martins would be at a small Serie A side this year (on loan) had he not had the lucky breakthrough last year when 5/6 of Inter's attackers were out injured, suspended cup-tied and what not.

Nevertheless, the boy has the talent to move to a Serie A or Serie B side and tear the league apart. Only then will he move back to Juventus and gain his space in the first XI. For now, he must be content with the Youth team and also any few minutes he gets to play with the Senior team. At least, at his first proper chance, he grabbed a vital goal in the Italian Cup tie a few weeks back.