Count down to judgement day: No ARSEnal defeat

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Count down to judgement day: No ARSEnal defeat

Post by Its a Goal »

I am willing to stick my neck out and state categorically that there is no way I will accept a defeat on the 15th. It is just not going to happen no matter what your crystal ball says, Thunder :twisted:. My sentiments are shared by none other than Michael Dawson, who is expected to take command of the central defence when we go toe to toe with our nemises next Saturday :twisted::
Defeat to Arsenal is simply not an option, warns Spurs defender Dawson
Daily Mail

Michael Dawson says Tottenham cannot afford to lose to arch-rivals Arsenal at White Hart Lane.

The North London sides, who have made contrasting starts to the new Premier League season, clash on 15th September.

While The Gunners are unbeaten and level at the top of the table, Spurs are in 14th place having won just one of their opening five games.

Dawson knows the fans will be appeased with success against Arsene Wenger's troops and says defeat is not an option.

"We know what that game means to the club," he stated. "We need to get something out of it.

"It has been a disappointing start and we have to pick things up quickly."
In essence Globero, I expect you to change your tune after next Saturday to read some thing like:

ARSEnal sucks phat ballz.... for life :twisted:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

This thread will return like Lazarus after the game.
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

IAG, thread carefully.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

I guess they won't feel "defeated" even when..sorry if they lose. :D
THE wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as lion.
Proverbs 28:1
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

...your boy Dawson knows what's up...Spuds have lost already if that is his thought process..talk about putting yourself under pressure..:lol:
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

It's a freaking 38-game season. Who freaking cares about freaking Spuds when we're top of the table?

This is like the Ghana/Nigeria syndrome. The smaller club wants a rivalry by force. Haba... get a life Spuds!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Anyone notice how neither Dawson nor IaG said Spuds will win. Talk about low self-esteem. :lol:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:Anyone notice how neither Dawson nor IaG said Spuds will win. Talk about low self-esteem. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kai! What a difference a few games make. I remember IAG shooting his mouth here before season start. Now he cannot even associate the word WIN with Spud and it is a derby. :P :P
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: Count down to judgement day: No ARSEnal defeat

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:I am willing to stick my neck out and state categorically that there is no way I will accept a defeat on the 15th. It is just not going to happen no matter what your crystal ball says, Thunder :twisted:. My sentiments are shared by none other than Michael Dawson, who is expected to take command of the central defence when we go toe to toe with our nemises next Saturday :twisted::
Defeat to Arsenal is simply not an option, warns Spurs defender Dawson
Daily Mail

Michael Dawson says Tottenham cannot afford to lose to arch-rivals Arsenal at White Hart Lane.

The North London sides, who have made contrasting starts to the new Premier League season, clash on 15th September.

While The Gunners are unbeaten and level at the top of the table, Spurs are in 14th place having won just one of their opening five games.

Dawson knows the fans will be appeased with success against Arsene Wenger's troops and says defeat is not an option.

"We know what that game means to the club," he stated. "We need to get something out of it.

"It has been a disappointing start and we have to pick things up quickly."
In essence Globero, I expect you to change your tune after next Saturday to read some thing like:

ARSEnal sucks phat ballz.... for life :twisted:.

ImageImageImage

IAG(I Adore d' Gunners)(I Am a Gooner), the sum of both you and Dawson is less than one!!!. Would you like to know the score? Game's one week away, so, let me know and I'll gladly oblige you. ARSENAL RULES!!!!!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

no be yeye Spuds dey dance so tay dem player, abi na coach injure himself because dem draw with Arse?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

kulu wrote:This thread will return like Lazarus after the game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

theYemster wrote:Anyone notice how neither Dawson nor IaG said Spuds will win. Talk about low self-esteem. :lol:

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:no be yeye Spuds dey dance so tay dem player, abi na coach injure himself because dem draw with Arse?
Na one player called Tarico. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If the league title is to return to North London again in our lifetime, these two teams need to combine. North London United will just about be able to compete with Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

I wonder what it would take for leeds to survive division 3 this season.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

kulu wrote:This thread will return like Lazarus after the game.
:lol:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I see that ARSEnal fans have flooded this thread like locus on a maze farm :twisted:. I will reply to each and everyone of these posts right after we take their ARSE club down :D.

Thunder, bring it on. I am predicting 3-1 win for us.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Its a Goal wrote:I see that ARSEnal fans have flooded this thread like locus on a maze farm :twisted:. I will reply to each and everyone of these posts right after we take their ARSE club down :D.

IAG, I wonder why you no show face for the "Wenger signs new deal" thread.

Embarrassment no good O! :lol:
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Temado wrote:I wonder what it would take for leeds to survive division 3 this season.
Survive ke? When they havent paid their dues!
Leeds handed new sanction by FA

Leeds United have been barred from full membership of the Football Association after being unable to prove all their non-football creditors have been paid.
The League One side still owe unpaid tax and VAT to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) following their spell in administration earlier this year.

United will still be able to compete in all competitions, including the FA Cup.

However, they will be unable to vote at any FA general meetings or receive FA Cup final tickets, as other clubs do.

A statement on the club's website read: "The club has made an application to the FA to transfer full membership following administration.

606: DEBATE
Sad to see such a huge club in this current state of affairs

RF
"The Football Association have not yet approved this request as we have been unable to demonstrate that all non-football creditors have been satisfied.

"All monies owed to other football clubs and members of the football family have been met in full.

"The reason that non-football creditors have not yet been satisfied is that the CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) was not completed due to the stance of the HMRC.

"The club would prefer to be a full member of the FA, but it is also comfortable that not being a member will not prevent us from doing anything we need to do."

The club's failure to agree a CVA, as per the Football League's rules governing insolvency, has already cost them a 15-point penalty which the League imposed in early August.

However, the Yorkshire club have won their first four league games, reducing the deficit to minus three points.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 983220.stm
Last edited by anointed on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Temado wrote:I wonder what it would take for leeds to survive division 3 this season.
Ayo no go ansa....

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:I see that ARSEnal fans have flooded this thread like locus on a maze farm :twisted:. I will reply to each and everyone of these posts right after we take their ARSE club down :D.

IAG(I Am a Gooner), You have just condemned yourself, and your toilet-hugging team by your own words. You have been forewarned; Beware of the Ides of September!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

IAG - relax - we will win this game. this is the turning point and Jol knows it .. There is no way he will keep his job if he loses this game - no way!! The only saving grace he might have is lack of available coaches - if we lose this CH and MJ are going.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Sir Cristao wrote:IAG - relax - we will win this game. this is the turning point and Jol knows it .. There is no way he will keep his job if he loses this game - no way!! The only saving grace he might have is lack of available coaches - if we lose this CH and MJ are going.
What do you mean by "lack of available coaches"? Ever heard of Amodu, CCC, Egu et al? I beg go siddon some place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: