NFA are hell bent to destroy the NFL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
NFA are hell bent to destroy the NFL

Post by ohenhen1 »

Shame on you, if i was not a christain, i will curse all of una.

1. The NFA prospone the league originally saying they had their Annual meeting

2. Second the NFA appoint referees that the clubs and NFL reject, but want to shove the referees down the NFL throat, haven't they heard about negotiations.

3. Now they want suspend the entire leadership of the NFL, which would lead to further chaos. Just because they didn't want the referees you gave them.

NFA, shame on all of una.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

NFA is the highest ruling body in the land but the NFL is behaving as if it is an alternate ruling body hence all the crisis caused by Power-show.

There should be an AGM, where the previous season programmes are finalised before a new season commences.

I think the NFA is a bit harsh on the suspensions but if you have been following the crisis since the Galadima era, you will realise that it will eventually lead to this.

There is supposed to be an NFL catering for Pro Clubs but having a group called Club-Owners while there is an NFL is a recipe for disaster.

Davidson Owumi does not own or belong to a board of any Clubside either in Premier League or Pro League but calls himself Chairman of Club-owners.

There is supposed to be an NFA catering for all the Clubs in all the States but having a group called Association of State FA Chairmen while there is an NFA is another recipe for disaster.

Oyuki Obaseki of NFL also does not belong to the board of any Clubside in either Premier league or Pro League but was fraudulently given a clearance for the elections so as to spite the old NFA board led by Galadima.

Given all the above scenario, It was only a matter of time that the crisis will become what it is now. Oyuki Obaseki has done well for the NFL and I will like the NFA to tamper justice with mercy.
Last edited by folem on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Folem, yes the NFA is the highest footballing authority, but didn't the NFL board vote Obaseki in as chairman, the NFL is a private organization like any other leagues, the NFA can't decide who runs the NFL, there is a limit on what the NFA can do. It is like saying the USSF wants to run MLS. That is not the way, the clubs owners that actually pay the players and finance the club, are the ones that have a say on who will run their club, the NFA can only enfore rules and regulations put forth by FIFA, but the NFA to say this people can't be involved in the NFL, is so stone age way of thinking, We shall see what the board members of the NFL and FIFA will say about that.

I know the NFA wants to create an alternate league, that is no secret, but they have no right to come into an organization privately owned, and say this people can't be your boss.

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:Folem, yes the NFA is the highest footballing authority, but didn't the NFL board vote Obaseki in as chairman, the NFL is a private organization like any other leagues, the NFA can't decide who runs the NFL, there is a limit on what the NFA can do. It is like saying the USSF wants to run MLS. That is not the way, the clubs owners that actually pay the players and finance the club, are the ones that have a say on who will run their club, the NFA can only enfore rules and regulations put forth by FIFA, but the NFA to say this people can't be involved in the NFL, is so stone age way of thinking, We shall see what the board members of the NFL and FIFA will say about that.

I know the NFA wants to create an alternate league, that is no secret, but they have no right to come into an organization privately owned, and say this people can't be your boss.

NFA is supposed to be a private organization too. NFA can decide to ban certain individuals from football related activities that are affiliated to it if it founds out that those individuals are constituting a problem to the well being of the sport.

NFA has the power to ban Oyuki Obaseki from any football related matter if in its wisdom, NFA believes he may have brought the game into disrepute albeit subject to court interpretation.

Oyuki Obaseki means well for the sport but he is seen as being confrontational and controversial and he may have to tone down just a little bit.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Folem, yes the NFA is the highest footballing authority, but didn't the NFL board vote Obaseki in as chairman, the NFL is a private organization like any other leagues, the NFA can't decide who runs the NFL, there is a limit on what the NFA can do. It is like saying the USSF wants to run MLS. That is not the way, the clubs owners that actually pay the players and finance the club, are the ones that have a say on who will run their club, the NFA can only enfore rules and regulations put forth by FIFA, but the NFA to say this people can't be involved in the NFL, is so stone age way of thinking, We shall see what the board members of the NFL and FIFA will say about that.

NFA is supposed to be a private organization too. NFA can decide to ban certain individuals from football related activities that are affiliated to it if it founds out that those individuals are constituting a problem to the well being of the sport.

NFA has the power to ban Oyuki Obaseki from any football related matter if in its wisdom, NFA believes he may have brought the game into disrepute albeit subject to court interpretation.

Oyuki Obaseki means well for the sport but he is seen as being confrontational and controversial and he may have to tone down just a little bit.
FiFA will have the final say.

And you wrong, it was the NFL board members that voted not to accept the referees given to the NFL by the NFA. Obaseki is just the chairman. And it is the NFA that are bringing the football in that country to disrespute. They are the ones that would not negotiate with club owners, on who they want as referees.

What we have here is a blaming game, looking at the past history of the NFA, i blame the NFA for this situation.\

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

folem wrote:

my friend, stop deceiving yourself. You will be surprised that the league will definitely not kick start on the 22nd of this month. I listened to the live interview of Obaseki this morning and I can assure you that NFA has toyed the wrong line. They have approached the issue very wrongly and the League will not commence has they plan.

Tomorrow, Ogunjobi or Lulu will also be interviewed live.

And Obaseki made it clear and sent a warning to Ogunjobi and co to stop calling his board members - that he should stop calling them for support. Is even a shame as the board members call their chairman - Obaseki and inform him on what the NFA big wigs told them.

The only group that has the right to suspend Obaseki who is also the vice-chairman of the NFA is the NFA board members which he too is part of.

Also, the NFA and NFL has different statutory book. Rules and Regulations that governs them separately. You see where NFA took the wrong step.

You can just imagine the doom NFA is about to cause this nation.

Obaseki even alleged that is because of the fact that they in NFL have refused the NFA to be sharing the money (I don't know which money anyway) that is bringing all this katakata.

I think EFCC need to go into the GLASSHOUSE. They will definitely find some interesting works to do.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

And what is this with Galadima and Koaje trying get to credit for the Golden eaglets victory.

Wasn't Galadima in administration when we had one of the worst teams ever for the FE.

Abeg make both of them shutup, make we hear word.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

interesting words by Obaseki pre suspension

http://www.supersoccer.co.za/default.as ... er/nigeria

After a meeting with NSC chairman Abdulrahman Gimba, NFL chairman Oyuiki Obaseki says the league organising body has conceded the rights for the appointment of referees to the NFA.
The league, earlier scheduled to begin on September 1, was put off over a disagreement between the two bodies on appointment of match referees for matches.

But Obaseki stated that his board had agreed to shift ground, and a kickoff date will be announced for the league at the end of Thursday's meeting between both bodies

"I believe we should give NFA the benefit of doubt.

"Let us see if they will send referees who will ask clubs, 'what do you have for us' before a match. Also, I know Sani Lulu, the chairman of NFA, very well. He is straightforward and honest, but I must admit that he is being pushed around."

Obaseki also denied insinuations that the crisis between both bodies was a result of the new sponsorship deal with an Asian Airline for referees, arguing: "I don't see how the money could cause trouble because the money is meant for the referees and it goes directly to them."

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

ohenhen1 wrote:interesting words by Obaseki pre suspension

http://www.supersoccer.co.za/default.as ... er/nigeria

After a meeting with NSC chairman Abdulrahman Gimba, NFL chairman Oyuiki Obaseki says the league organising body has conceded the rights for the appointment of referees to the NFA.
The league, earlier scheduled to begin on September 1, was put off over a disagreement between the two bodies on appointment of match referees for matches.

But Obaseki stated that his board had agreed to shift ground, and a kickoff date will be announced for the league at the end of Thursday's meeting between both bodies

"I believe we should give NFA the benefit of doubt.

"Let us see if they will send referees who will ask clubs, 'what do you have for us' before a match. Also, I know Sani Lulu, the chairman of NFA, very well. He is straightforward and honest, but I must admit that he is being pushed around."

Obaseki also denied insinuations that the crisis between both bodies was a result of the new sponsorship deal with an Asian Airline for referees, arguing: "I don't see how the money could cause trouble because the money is meant for the referees and it goes directly to them."
oh! so that was the money Obaseki was refering to yesterday... The guy said, is because they refused to yeild to NFA decision... to share the money, saying it can't be business as usual any more...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

my friend, stop deceiving yourself. You will be surprised that the league will definitely not kick start on the 22nd of this month. I listened to the live interview of Obaseki this morning and I can assure you that NFA has toyed the wrong line. They have approached the issue very wrongly and the League will not commence has they plan.

Tomorrow, Ogunjobi or Lulu will also be interviewed live.

And Obaseki made it clear and sent a warning to Ogunjobi and co to stop calling his board members - that he should stop calling them for support. Is even a shame as the board members call their chairman - Obaseki and inform him on what the NFA big wigs told them.

The only group that has the right to suspend Obaseki who is also the vice-chairman of the NFA is the NFA board members which he too is part of.

Also, the NFA and NFL has different statutory book. Rules and Regulations that governs them separately. You see where NFA took the wrong step.

You can just imagine the doom NFA is about to cause this nation.

Obaseki even alleged that is because of the fact that they in NFL have refused the NFA to be sharing the money (I don't know which money anyway) that is bringing all this katakata.

I think EFCC need to go into the GLASSHOUSE. They will definitely find some interesting works to do.
The League may or may not kick off on Sept 22.

NFL is a subsidiary of NFA just like NFA or Togo Football Federation is a subsidiary to CAF.

http://www.loccidental.net/english/spip.php?article328

CAF has handed eight years ban to the togolese FA president and life suspension to M. Pa Abdou Sarr

The Confederation of African football has handed eight years ban to the togolese FA president and life suspension to M. Pa Abdou Sarr, referee from the Gambia.
The CAF Disciplinary Board, at its meeting held July 4, 2007, found M. Pa Abdou Sarr (referee from the Gambia) guilty for collecting bribe during the game Togo- Tunisia at the African Under-17 Championship, held in March in Togo and he has been ban for life to participate to any football related activity. M. Attivi Atevi Cessi has also been found guilty, played as a link man, and he has been ban for four years to participate to any football related activity.

The disciplinary board found guilty M. Avlessi Tata de Mass, President of Togo Football association , for bribing the match official , It has been proved that Mr Avlessi provided the money to M. Attivi to pass it on to the referee. Mr. Avlessi has been handed eight years ban to participate to any football related activity.

Source: Cafonline.com

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 999215.stm

Nigerian league bosses suspended

A statement issued by the NFA said that Nigerian Football League (NFL) chairman Oyuki Obaseki had been banned from football-related activities for the next three years.

His vice-chairman Shehu Gusau was suspended for two years.

NFL Executive Secretary Salihu Abubakar, media chief Isaac Ibafidon and official Arthur Kwame were also banned for two years each.

NFA board member Taiwo Ogunjobi claimed in the statement that the officials brought the game into disrepute and held back its development.

The NFA directed the NFL board to elect new officials to replace those suspended within three days.

The Nigerian league had been due to kick off on September 1 but did not after the NFA and NFL disagreed over who should appoint referees for matches.

The league is now scheduled to start on 22 September.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is within the powers of NFA through its disciplinary commitee to sanction any erring football official, but the problem I have with this particular case is that the penalty is a bit harsh even though I also appreciate the fact that Oyuki Obaseki need to be shown who really is the boss of Nigeria Football.
Last edited by folem on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mr folem, i see that you joined in September, are you the NFA media spokeman or what is going on with you.

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:Mr folem, i see that you joined in September, are you the NFA media spokeman or what is going on with you.
Hi! Mr Ohenhen, I will like us to keep to the topic.

Are you also the NFL media spokesman special assistant?

I will make no more comments on this thread if that will make you happy.