Ayo Akinfe: Time to collect my bet

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Ayo Akinfe: Time to collect my bet

Post by azuka »

AA,

Remember our bet? Bradford is in division two no thanks to our dear Bryan Robson. At the end of the day, just like i said when we took the bet, Robbo magics could save Bradford. So what do you say? So its time to collect?
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: Ayo Akinfe: Time to collect my bet

Post by Toxicarrow »

azuka wrote:AA,

Remember our bet? Bradford is in division two no thanks to our dear Bryan Robson. At the end of the day, just like i said when we took the bet, Robbo magics could save Bradford. So what do you say? So its time to collect?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought you don leave your "tirogo attitude", "long throat" and "Nat's mentality" behind in Naija... :lol: :lol: Chei, man can comot from bush..but bushness no dey leave am.

Ayo, where art thou? Your tirogo friend don come again in his usual style of going from rooms to rooms to chop "Oh God" in Zik Hall :lol:
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Toxic, I go just send Azuka another cup of gari and him go calm down again. Seriously, Azuka, you cannot blame Robbo for any of the problems at Bradford.

Since he took up the job, the situation at the club has got progressively worse. He took on the job on the understanding that he would be allowed to strengthen his squad but alas, the club went into receivership, depleting whatever meagre resources the man had at his disposal.

When you are not allowed to strengthen your team, cannot pay wages, are in receivership and there is uncertainty hanging over the club, how on earth do you lift it out of the relegation doldrums? You can blame Robson for some of the problems at Middlesboro when he was there but as far as Bradford is concerned, he has no case to answer in my opinion.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Toxic, I go just send Azuka another cup of gari and him go calm down again. Seriously, Azuka, you cannot blame Robbo for any of the problems at Bradford.

Since he took up the job, the situation at the club has got progressively worse. He took on the job on the understanding that he would be allowed to strengthen his squad but alas, the club went into receivership, depleting whatever meagre resources the man had at his disposal.

When you are not allowed to strengthen your team, cannot pay wages, are in receivership and there is uncertainty hanging over the club, how on earth do you lift it out of the relegation doldrums? You can blame Robson for some of the problems at Middlesboro when he was there but as far as Bradford is concerned, he has no case to answer in my opinion.

AYO:

Sometimes it is best to accept that you lost the debate. Managing at Bradford was never going to be a bed of roses -- Robson knew that. It would have been the same in Nigeria --- nothing close to a bed of roses, either. I thought Azuka made his call too early and I remember cautioning him but the fact of the matter is that he was correct afterall and I will be the first to give him his due.
azuka

Post by azuka »

Toxi,

What is the world turning into. Young boys dont have respect for their elders anymore. Imagine Toxi wey still dey wear diaper when i enter Zik Hall come dey yarn wetin im eye no see. I no blame you sha, na anti-sap riot i blame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayo,

No start dat one oo. You know me and you get many skeletons for cupboard. And no need to display for every forumite to read. :lol: :lol:
But back to business, dont use the excuse of happenings outside the field of play as an excuse for Robbo's failure. Remember Lazio and that young coach, what's his name again? Was it last season? Lazio under the guidance of that coach continued winning on the field of play despite all the problems in the boardroom and so on. Why was Robbo not winning on the field of play. How many matches did he win in total. 2, 3 but definitely less than 5. Right? Even without the problems at Bradford the result would have still being the same.
You want to take another bet? Come next season, Robbo will still be jobless. want to bet on that too.
And now to collect. If you can honestly tell me how much Robbo earns per month in Bradford, i will let this bet go. Otherwise na me and you. You know now.

EII,

My brother, one does not need to be Cleo to know these things. It is morning that says how the day will be. Robbo just does not cut it as a coach. Between Robbo and any IC, i will take an IC. Generally speaking, apart from Terry Venables, Bobby Robson at Newcastle and maybe Glenn Hoddle there is no other English coach that is worth considering for the SE job. Any opinion to the contrary is plain foolhardy. period.
Last edited by azuka on Wed May 12, 2004 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Well If the club dont sack him, they shld know their problem then. But personallyI think Robson has been unlucky.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II, Nigeria does not have the following problems:

(1) Limited talent
(2) Being in administration
(3) Not having a big enough youth respource base to pick up and coming players from
(4) Not having the problem of not being able to afford players' wages
(5) Having all its players lacking in confidence because they are in a relegation quagmire

You also appear to have intentionally ignored the fact that matters at Bradford's management level have GOT PROGRESSIVELY WORSE since Robson went there. He was promised funds to sign players in the January transfer window and was indeed even looking at a few Nigerian players.

However, a few months into his tenure, the club went into administration and there was an embargo on signing new players. Please tell me what Robson could have done to ameliorate the situation.
azuka

Post by azuka »

Ayo, keep defending the indefensible.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

azuka wrote:Ayo, keep defending the indefensible.
I see you have no response to my arguments.
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

which NFA are we talking about here? :?:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lefak wrote:which NFA are we talking about here? :?:
In Tunisia 2004, bonuses were paid in full and on time. There was not one problem with money.

What happens normally is someone tries to pocket the cash given to the NFA by sponsors. This is a far cry from what is happening at Bradford, where the company simply has nothing!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

To judge Robson on the basis of very poor financial management at Bradford is ridiculous.
No coach could have saved that team:not given those conditions.
A bet in exceptional circumstances like this must be null & void.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
In Tunisia 2004, bonuses were paid in full and on time. There was not one problem with money.

What happens normally is someone tries to pocket the cash given to the NFA by sponsors. This is a far cry from what is happening at Bradford, where the company simply has nothing!

All that na tory.
When is Ayo going to pay up?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Azuka,

Please check in your profile and re-post all that was stated at the time of your bet. Once everyone gets to see the conditions/circumstances under which this bet should have been honoured then it will be clear and simple whether your bet should be null & void or otherwise :wink: .
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Our NFA, don't u believe it?? u better do. The Era of "u dey owe me" has come n Gone. They ain't still perfect cos they still have lapses here n there, but they'r improving.
I give props to fellows dat deserve props n Bash does dat deserve bashing ala Yak,Cele n Agali.
Peter Obi For President 2023
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Toxic, I go just send Azuka another cup of gari and him go calm down again. Seriously, Azuka, you cannot blame Robbo for any of the problems at Bradford.

Excuses excuses! David O'leary had virtually the same problem with Aston Villa. Did he make excuses? No He used his talents to get them to the vere of Champions League football. That is what you call a good manager!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

RudeBoy wrote:

Excuses excuses! David O'leary had virtually the same problem with Aston Villa. Did he make excuses? No He used his talents to get them to the vere of Champions League football. That is what you call a good manager!
Aston Villa has gone into receivership??????? Abeg tell us when it was announced!!!!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I said virtually my man. He took over a struggling squad with no money, same as Robbo!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
azuka

Post by azuka »

Ayo,

Your reasons for Robbo's failure at Bradford is similar to all those reasons we have being given why CCC did not win in Tunisia or why he lost woefully to Japan and Brazil. The point is on the field of play where it mattered most, where his bread is being buttered, he could not perform. Period. Every other thing is extra-curricular. I mean, give us statistics of how many matches he played, won, draw and lost.

Let's take a scenerio. Say Robbo is employed for the SE. We played and lost woefully to France by 6-0. Say the night before the match, NEPA took light in Abuja and as a result Robbo had no light to sleep. So you will accept this as a good reason to lose woefully to France? Cock and bull story if you ask me.

BTW, you did not respond to the example of Lazio last season which had similar issues to deal with, yet continued winning on the field of play where it mattered most.
azuka

Post by azuka »

And i am still waiting for you to tell us how much Robbo was paid in Bradford, if it is anything near the $50,000 he was to be paid with the SE?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

azuka wrote:And i am still waiting for you to tell us how much Robbo was paid in Bradford, if it is anything near the $50,000 he was to be paid with the SE?
I am not privvy to Robson's personal financial details. Let us be reasonable please. Do you know the meaning of the word receivership?
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

What do you mean? The Nigerian Football Association ofcourse. :evil:
azuka

Post by azuka »

Receivership? No i dont. Your forgot i did not read English in U.I.

Look Ayo, all that one na story. When the script of Robbo's stay at Bradford is written, it will be written he was the coach at Bradford when they got relegated to Division two. And even his CV will say he coached at Bradford when they were relegated to Division two. No one will be interested all these story you trying to sell.

And if you must know, i dont really give a damn about his personal financial details. I only refer to this to point out the fraudulent malpractise that surround his being hawked about as the SE Technical Advicer.

$50,000.00 for someone who can not lead a team to win 5 matches in the English Division 1 League. Haba. Same thing they sat down and conjured a $300,000.00 sign-on fee for BJ who is more foreign based in Holland than in Nigeria. Till today, no-one has come out to justify why he was paid this ridiculous amount.