Guys this is very sad if true.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

J21:
...because it is difficult to concentrate with your sister blowing me. She is all teeth!
OOH MEN THAT WAS AN UPPERCUT!!! :mrgreen:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Mauling!

This post was edited blah blah blah...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Yes, it could have been done in a better way, but I believe it is a money saving move too. I must add there is no nice way to decamp a player as it really hurts. I have seen players weep when decamped.

Guys, a coach lives and dies by such decisions, let us respect the right of a coach to make his decisions, as per his final list. I have made my complaints about the initial list and I was concerned about the clubless players because of previous such mistakes.

However, I do not think dropping Kalu is a wise move because I believe he is the best cover for Oga, but what do I know? CCC has made his decision let us all respect it please.

Its time to unite, not fight. ANC is just around the corner.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Gotti, I wish I could have snatched your keyboard before that last post.
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Damn, i knew Teflon will come out swinging. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jiggerman, you don't take a knife to a gun fight.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Well well well,
the irrepresible Gotti launches yet another self-deluding, family-bashing cracker.

Sadly, my lovely sister is no longer with us today. I wish she were here to see this- she'd floor you for character any day.

None-the-less, knowing her, she was probably "using her teeth" in utter frustration at her partner's inability to "get it up"!!!.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Jiggerman, acceptable comeback.

OK, its a draw, final score 1-1.

Please lets all be nice again.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Omotori, thanks.

As my sister is no longer alive, you might want to ask him to double-check who's on his case. It could be his man CCC.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

jIGGERMAN ACCEP MY CONDOLANCES. I DID NOT KNOW SHE WAS LATE.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Cyber Saint wrote:I hate to sound abusive but if this story is true then I'll join the bashers and say that it's time for Ogunjobi to go.
He has outlived his usefulness :(
You are a big fuul. It's time for Ogunjobi to go right, but it's not time for Chukwu- who told Ogunjobi that he had no use for them- to go right?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

"jIGGERMAN ACCEP MY CONDOLANCES. I DID NOT KNOW SHE WAS LATE".

No worry, this na between me and "His Excellency" Goatie here.
Last edited by Jiggerman21 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Guys this is very sad if true.

Post by Schillachi »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Daily Independent Online. * Friday, January 9, 2004.

Ogunjobi stops Uche, Opabunmi from Faro
By Ben Alaiya

Sports Editor

NFA Chief Executive, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi has halted the bid of two of the country’s promising players from joining the Super Eagles training camp in Faro, Portugal, saying he has instruction from the coaching crew that they were no longer needed.

The scribe had excused Kalu Uche and Femi Opabunmi to be part of the U-23 team that played against Tunisia and Senegal and they were to fly out immediately to Portugal.

Early this week, the two players attempted to catch the flight to Faro and they could not.

Matters however came to a head on Wednesday, when they were told in unambiguous terms that they may no longer be required in Faro because of the short period required to name the squad for the Nations Cup.

Confirming the development to Daily Independent, Ogunjobi said there was nothing he could do since he had instructions from the coaching crew that the two players were no longer required for the challenge of the Nations Cup.

The downcast players complained to family members and friends that the development has shattered their hopes of being part of the Nigerian team that will campaign for honours at the Tunisia Nations Cup championship.

Opabunmi particularly was reported to have said he felt betrayed as he was on another national assignment, which eventually led to his being dropped.

On his part, Uche had wanted to use an appearance at the Nations Cup to re-launch his career which had been in limbo following a bitter row between his present club, Wisla Krakow and Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam for his signature when the last transfer window opened. The player preferred Ajax but Wisla insisted he can’t go hence the current logjam until FIFA ruled that he must first return to Ajax before joining the club of his choice.
Opabunmi, I can understand, ain't no use for him, but na Uche kalu own dey pain him. He really needed the ANC to get outta that dreaded club. Small time now, Una go coem tell me say Martins dey unpatriotic. Whatever...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

let the coaches decide by the calibre of pla and who copliments whom. on what basis did he make this decision? The kids are in camp, let them play. they did not go all the way to Faro for nothing. Mna what a waste.................and when they refuse to come out of obligation to a club rather than niaja thery wonder why.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

original skeepolah wrote:let the coaches decide by the calibre of pla and who copliments whom. on what basis did he make this decision?
Exactly my point!
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Opabunmi, I can understand, ain't no use for him, but na Uche kalu own dey pain him. He really needed the ANC to get outta that dreaded club. Small time now, Una go coem tell me say Martins dey unpatriotic. Whatever...
I feel for Uche Kalu. He gets jerked by his club & then he gets jerked by his country.

Even if they knew he would be cut ultimately, at least do'nt diss him this way after making the effort to come.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

I wondered in an earlier post why NFA wants to burn out the following players, I BELIEVE should concentrate FULLY on Athens 2004 - Kalu, Opabunmi, Melkham, Obodo, Martins, Nworgu, Ileagu. Ezenwa. How can these professional players answer National calls for both the SE and the Olympic squad without jeopadising their contracts? The Olympic gold medal is so valuable, even Rolando wants to join the Brazillian squad in Athens to try and get what the Kanu-led squad denied him and Brazil in 1996. To me, it's a blessing in disguise for the two. They can now concentrate on getting to Athens with their cohort. I also doubt if any of the above 'except Martins (if he shows up) and perhaps Obodo will see any action in Tunisia IF, they eventually make the squad.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I must say I am not surprised that Opabunmi was dropped. He was up against:

Gabriel Melkham
Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Garba Lawal

Ifeanyi Udeze and Celestine Babayaro are also due to come in and with five left footers in the team, Opabunmi must have been surplus to requirements.

I am a bit surprised Uche Kalu was dropped, however. I would have thought that he might have sneaked in.

I think from this report we can conclude that Osaze will definately be in Tunisia.
If this report a true, then a letter to oust Ogunjobi would be in order, and you can sign my name down in advance.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bolade
Egg
Egg

Post by Bolade »

Real sad if it's true, but then there's o way 40 players could represent us at the same time at ANC. I only hope we won't have more Obafemi Martins in the nearest future. :evil: :evil: