More Tid Bits from Faro...4 team tourney in the works!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mister dolly
More Tid Bits from Faro...4 team tourney in the works!!!

Post by mister dolly »

Source: Sumonu Bello-Osagie, Team Coordinator
===================================

In his latest interview with CyberEagles the Team Coordinator of the Super Eagles, Sumonu Bello-Osagie confirmed that Julius Aghahowa was yet to arrive in camp, and that he and other officials are monitoring the situation closely as there were conflicting reports that he has left Nigeria. The TC confirmed that Ifeanyi Udeze arrived camp yesterday and participated in his first training session today.

Mr. Bello-Osagie further said the atmosphere is very positive as the team had another scrimmage yesterday between the 2 pseudo teams. The Taribo team now buoyed by the inclusion of TJ Babangida lost to the Ekong team buoyed by Pius Ikedia by 2 goals to 1. Osaze scored one of the goals for the winning team.

SBO exclusively revealed to CyberEagles that the departure date for the ANC bound squad has now being moved to January 22nd. We will be travelling direct to Tunisia on that day he revealed. Asked about why the date was shifted, he said this would allow the technical crew to advance the preparations with the actual team travelling to Tunisia.

To this end, SBO confirmed that plans are at an advanced stage for the SE to play in a 4 team tournament that would include AJAX FC of Amsterdam, a division one team from Portugal and a division one team from Germany the names of which he could not confirm at present. It is understood that AJAX are in a training camp nearby and are interested in the tourney. The proposed dates for the matches are January 13th, 15th and 18th 2004.

Futhermore, the TC alluded that the coaching crew will start the decamping process on Sunday. As for the players yet to arrive, he said the team captain, JJ Okocha called the officials and informed them that he will make his arrangements to join the camp after Bolton's match on Saturday. Joseph Yobo, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Isaac Okoronkwo are expected by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Nwankwo Kanu has also been in touch with the coaches.

On the Kanu issue, SBO expressed surprise that Wenger wants to hold Kanu till the 18th. That is against FIFA rules, I believe it is in the best interest of all the parties that the FIFA stipulations on player release are honored to ensure cordial relationship in the future, Mr. Bello-Osagie retorted.
He further said coach Chukwu is not worried by players actively engaged at their various clubs.

When asked about the welfare of the team, he explained that in the evenings, they all have dinner around 7:30PM and by 9PM everyone usually retires to their rooms. No calls are allowed after 10PM to allow the players rest, he said.

In closing, SBO also confirmed that the Adidas officials in camp has confirmed that alll the equipment requirements for the team will be awaiting them by the time they arrive in Tunisia. Asked about the new jerseys, he replied that they will be officially launched in our first game at the ANC. The jerseys looked very nice, I saw the Okocha jersey in the white, it has the name and number in green, and black stripes on the sides. The other jersey will be a green top and shorts with white stripes he confirmed.

Addendum: The TC also added that Celestine Babayaro's invitation to the SE camp is now being treated in a similar status to that of Obafemi Martins due to the lack of response from the player to the team officials communications.

Interview conducted by Mister Dolly for www.cybereagles.com
Last edited by mister dolly on Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

mister dolly, thanks for the 411. The thing just dey sweet my belle especially when I got to the jersey part. :P :D
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

MD man u be the man, as per the Aghahowa case has he left or not?
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
NaijaOlu
Egg
Egg

Post by NaijaOlu »

MD, u are just too much....

Good and straigth to the points.
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

That means the Jersey might actually look like the one EW i think designed in another thread given the descriptions made by SBO
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

nice one dolly
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Thanks ever so much my man
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

MD, thanx for the info!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

MD, Thanks a million
With God all things are possible
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Tank you tank you MD! I'll be shocked if the 4 team tournament takes place! Absolutely shocked if they pull it off!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Thanks MD
Dombraye
Egg
Egg

Post by Dombraye »

Ever reliable MD. keep up the good work.......thanks a bunch
Eagles Will Rise Again
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

Good job my friend
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

He saw Okocha's jersey!!! that means okocha has an automatic shirt, somethings go without saying!!! BIGUP!!!! mr Dolly
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Great update from MD as usual.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Good job :!:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Great interview. Clarify this for me please, is Kanu going to be in camp after Saturday's game or he is going to hold out till the 18th as Wenger wants?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

This is good news. Thanks MD
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

MD:
Great job as usual!
DaNinja
Egg
Egg

Post by DaNinja »

Playing only European Teams before the ANC has had untoward effects on many a team in the past I hope we are well aware..
I come in peace....
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

no mention of babayaro.is that guy really coming to camp at all
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

MD u no see my own jersey?Well done oh!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz