I THOUGHT UCHE KALU WAS IN PORTUGAL- REPORT GET K-LEG-OOO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
I THOUGHT UCHE KALU WAS IN PORTUGAL- REPORT GET K-LEG-OOO

Post by GUEST »

Daily Independent Online. * Friday, January 9, 2004.

Ogunjobi stops Uche, Opabunmi from Faro
By Ben Alaiya

Sports Editor

NFA Chief Executive, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi has halted the bid of two of the country’s promising players from joining the Super Eagles training camp in Faro, Portugal, saying he has instruction from the coaching crew that they were no longer needed.

The scribe had excused Kalu Uche and Femi Opabunmi to be part of the U-23 team that played against Tunisia and Senegal and they were to fly out immediately to Portugal.

Early this week, the two players attempted to catch the flight to Faro and they could not.

Matters however came to a head on Wednesday, when they were told in unambiguous terms that they may no longer be required in Faro because of the short period required to name the squad for the Nations Cup.

Confirming the development to Daily Independent, Ogunjobi said there was nothing he could do since he had instructions from the coaching crew that the two players were no longer required for the challenge of the Nations Cup.

The downcast players complained to family members and friends that the development has shattered their hopes of being part of the Nigerian team that will campaign for honours at the Tunisia Nations Cup championship.

Opabunmi particularly was reported to have said he felt betrayed as he was on another national assignment, which eventually led to his being dropped.

On his part, Uche had wanted to use an appearance at the Nations Cup to re-launch his career which had been in limbo following a bitter row between his present club, Wisla Krakow and Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam for his signature when the last transfer window opened. The player preferred Ajax but Wisla insisted he can’t go hence the current logjam until FIFA ruled that he must first return to Ajax before joining the club of his choice.
Last edited by GUEST on Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Uche Kalu is not in camp, Uche Ugochukwu is. The Team Coordinator mistook the names when he gave me the team list of the scrimmage teams a couple of days ago.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

mister dolly wrote:Uche Kalu is not in camp, Uche Ugochukwu is. The Team Coordinator mistook the names when he gave me the team list of the scrimmage teams a couple of days ago.
Thank You MD.
NO ANC FOR UCHE KALU.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Is Uche Ugochukwu a "Hey You" ... :lol:
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

oga GT, u should know better
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Then where can one find him, abi him don turn Obafemi weh person go still deh beg self. Anyway, him own begging go get K-Leg cus him nor get proper CLUB to showcase him business.
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

Vindave you want to tell me you don't know Uche Ugochukwu of Gabros Nnewi, even when he has played about 3 - 4 matches for the Eagles and even scored 1 or 2 goals ( at least i know he scored against senegal). And you post everything that is in Naija paper (sports) everyday. SHAME :o
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

i feel sorry for the boys as they might have had something more to offer if they were allowed to go to Faro