Owen's The Special One [not Martins] - Ameobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Owen's The Special One [not Martins] - Ameobi

Post by kulu »

Owen's The Special One - Ameobi
Wed 31 Oct, 02:09 PM

Shola Ameobi has told the critics to lay off Newcastle team-mate Michael Owen as he attempts to rediscover his best form.

The England striker has found himself the centre of attention in recent months after being thrust into the club versus country debate over his latest return from injury.

At the same time, he has had to deal with speculation that Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson could be ready to make a move for him in January, when he will have only 18 months left on his contract at St James' Park.

Owen has scored 10 times in 23 appearances for the Magpies during an injury-plagued 26 months on Tyneside, and Ameobi cannot understand why people still question him.

He told the Northern Echo: "It's fantastic for us to have Michael back in the side. He's a special guy.

"He has an ability to score goals that's rare in this day and age.

"People keep on knocking him down, but he continues to prove he's a world-class player.

"It's a shame that people keep on questioning him. Alan (Shearer) had it at times in his Newcastle career, and Michael's getting it these days.

"I just don't understand it. He's a world-class striker, and he's someone that Newcastle need to reach the heights we want to reach and realise our ambitions as a club.

"He has shown how much he wants to play for Newcastle - he has demonstrated his desire by coming back from his operation so quickly.

"He has shown a desire to be out there, not just for England but for Newcastle United, and the criticism he has had is unfair.

"He just shrugs it off, though. He's a strong enough character to do that."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31102007/ ... meobi.html
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Ameobi, you still won't get an England call.....
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

elerineye wrote:Ameobi, you still won't get an England call.....
Dont mind the Mugu, he should be worried about silencing his own critics... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

What has his support of another teammate got to do with Martins?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

Can someone pls tell the mugu to get his face out of Owen's a.......... ?
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Can somebody tell the Ameobi to worry about himself?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Pappy wrote:Can somebody tell the Ameobi to worry about himself?
Typical UK black man taking Panadol for another mans headache :lol:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Prince wrote:
You assume Ameobi picked up the phone and called the Northern Echo to tell them how good owen is? The bloke was probably asked to comment on Owen by the reporter, wetin he for talk?
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

felarey wrote:What has his support of another teammate got to do with Martins?
great question. apparently its too hard to simply report a story without making some sh*t up.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:
And your own na typical Naija man laugh .. dey follow others dey laugh without knowing exactly wetin him dey laugh at. Wetin Ameobi talk wey dey so bad? I bet if kulu didn't add Martins in the tile, none of you would have laughed at Amoebi:lol:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

New Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has banned former chairman Freddy Shepherd from St James' Park. (Daily Mirror)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 070578.stm
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Skylolo wrote:
Dont mind the Mugu, he should be worried about silencing his own critics... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you imagine this boy! :lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder what native doctor Owen is using for these people sef!
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Skylolo wrote:
I guess Amebo is just living up to his name.. :lol: :lol:
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

lionga wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
I guess Amebo is just living up to his name.. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dayum!! I saw it coming too.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

AMEOBI IS FINISHED!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chingo Bling wrote:
Prince wrote:
You assume Ameobi picked up the phone and called the Northern Echo to tell them how good owen is? The bloke was probably asked to comment on Owen by the reporter, wetin he for talk?
Go ask Owen or im manager?
Oya back to the matter
open and close
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Leaf wrote:
great question. apparently its too hard to simply report a story without making some sh*t up.
abeg tok some o.
Why do people post with false titles? I did not even see Martins' name in the whole piece

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ID10T
Egg
Egg

Post by ID10T »

Keegan issues Ameobi warning

Kevin Keegan has warned Shola Ameobi that time is running out as the striker attempts to impress at Newcastle.

Ameobi admitted his delight when Keegan returned to St James' Park as manager in January after he was frozen out under former boss Sam Allardyce.

However, Keegan has now told Ameobi - who has yet to score in eight games this season - that he must 'make the breakthrough' with the Magpies.

And Keegan has hinted that the 26-year-old, who has been linked with a move to Norwich, could leave Newcastle in the summer.

"Our challenge, mine in particular, is to look at the club and assess players," Keegan told the Daily Express.

"I've told him (Ameobi) what I think. He is 26 now and he has to make the breakthrough quickly or maybe there is somewhere else he can do it.

"There is a better player in Shola, but the test will be when he gets his chance - and he will."

skysports
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I was thinking the same thing...
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

You always see these black guys in England speaking out for their fumbling white teammates like Ameobi did.

Shame it's rarely if ever reciprocated when things get awry for them.

Truly disgusting.

Any guesses as to whether Ameobi would have issued similar comments to defend Martins?

It'll be a cold day in hell.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

ID10T wrote:Keegan issues Ameobi warning

Kevin Keegan has warned Shola Ameobi that time is running out as the striker attempts to impress at Newcastle.

Ameobi admitted his delight when Keegan returned to St James' Park as manager in January after he was frozen out under former boss Sam Allardyce.

However, Keegan has now told Ameobi - who has yet to score in eight games this season - that he must 'make the breakthrough' with the Magpies.

And Keegan has hinted that the 26-year-old, who has been linked with a move to Norwich, could leave Newcastle in the summer.

"Our challenge, mine in particular, is to look at the club and assess players," Keegan told the Daily Express.

"I've told him (Ameobi) what I think. He is 26 now and he has to make the breakthrough quickly or maybe there is somewhere else he can do it.

"There is a better player in Shola, but the test will be when he gets his chance - and he will."

skysports
If the coach is saying this publicly just weeks after assumning the job then his days are numbered
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Chingo Bling wrote:
Prince wrote:
Abi O! I tire for Black people sef :roll: :roll:
YNWA