World Cup is in 24 months ... should we gbish Martins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
World Cup is in 24 months ... should we gbish Martins

Post by General Trousers »

24 Months from now World Cup go dey, and I go dey sample brokworst for Germany ... shebi we go invite Obafemi Martins? Or make we gbish am?

I say come 2006 that bobo no go smell green jersey lie-lie.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

General Trousers, let martins be haba :evil:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

make we blacklist am until he go fit give a better escuse. I respect his decision but he cant be insulting our intelligence. How can a "19" year old be ready to play in seria A, against Maldini,Panucci, Nesta, Costakurta, Jap Stam et al and in champions league against any defender in europe but nor ready to play against Benin, morocco or south african defenders.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

There should be a condition for his invitation for 2006. He must have grown in height to at least 6'3 since he claims to be 19 and should still be growing. :lol: :lol:
To stop trying is to start dying
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

'gbish'?!! What in carnation does this word mean? :shock: :shock:

Some of the slangs used on this forum are honestly beyond me!!!! :roll:
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

if he willfully rejects NFA & FIFA mandate, nothing less than a five year suspension from Super-Eagles should be assesed. Let him defect & play for Italy if he wants.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

QUALIFY FIRST BEFORE GBISH THIS PLAYER OR THAT PLAYER!
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

He won't be invited again.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

La Reussi wrote:He won't be invited again.

La Reussi
Just watch and see.....
IF we qualify and
IF Martins is "hotter" at that period (let's say highest goal scorer in Inter that season), I'll bet my last dollar that the NFA wud send a presidential jet to get him...Plain and simple.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

omotori wrote:if he willfully rejects NFA & FIFA mandate, nothing less than a five year suspension from Super-Eagles should be assesed. Let him defect & play for Italy if he wants.
Not to say it....I love Martins and all (while I would not prefer to bash him, although I'm deeply disappointed and saddened by his ANC withdrawal), but he just doesn't look right jubiliating alongside Vieri and all them . I think it would make a better picture jubiliating alongside JAG, Yobo, Okocha and THE REST OF OUR GANG.

Just my observation, when Vieri was crowned earlier this week.
You are Your Own Dog
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

A Nigerian-raised that KNOWS what ANC means to all the fans and still refuses to play? He should never smell the Green and White for life. There are other more loyal players who have talent too waiting for a chance - we cannot let him play in WC ahead of them.

Let him play for Italy and he will know what life is when his OWN fans start making monkey noises at him. Abi you think those Lazio ultras - who are among those rabid Italian national teasm fans - will suddenly love him? Please, this kid has no clue. He will NEVER be an Italian.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Ziontrain wrote:A Nigerian-raised that KNOWS what ANC means to all the fans and still refuses to play? He should never smell the Green and White for life. There are other more loyal players who have talent too waiting for a chance - we cannot let him play in WC ahead of them.

Let him play for Italy and he will know what life is when his OWN fans start making monkey noises at him. Abi you think those Lazio ultras - who are among those rabid Italian national teasm fans - will suddenly love him? Please, this kid has no clue. He will NEVER be an Italian.
Right way to say it.
who no know go know.
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

If I had my way Martins will never dorn an Eagles Jersey.

By the way JJ for SE coach in 2006 ??
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

You cant eat your cake and have it. martins shunned us when we needed and so should be punished.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

If he is going to be invited for the WC proper, he better have played in the qualifiers, since they will be played on Fifa sanctioned days for internationals there would be no club vs. country conflict so he better get his #$% to those games...damn traitor!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

his not ready yet....he's only "19"...wasn't he invited to one of the qualifiers....the guy no show ...my point is I wish him luck...whatever he wants to do but I think we can do without him..national assignments are about pride, service and honor...neither of which I think he has
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

If the team does well at ANC, we should keep the core of that team together and stop the meaningless experimenting. Ergo, no Obafemi Martins in our plans for the near future
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

There should be no more reaping from other peoples hard work like what happened at the last WC
ugly boy wrote:his not ready yet....he's only "19"...wasn't he invited to one of the qualifiers....the guy no show ...my point is I wish him luck...whatever he wants to do but I think we can do without him..national assignments are about pride, service and honor...neither of which I think he has
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Why not ban him for life, string him up by the balls and lynch his entire family?

All because a man felt he could do without NFA palaver at this stage in his career. This type of lynch mob mentality is a bit rich when most of us have escaped the same palaver to earn a living in the relative comfort of the West.
http://www.naijiant.com/
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I say let him play one game for us in qualifying then drop him till after the world cup!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

maceo4 wrote:There should be no more reaping from other peoples hard work like what happened at the last WC
ugly boy wrote:his not ready yet....he's only "19"...wasn't he invited to one of the qualifiers....the guy no show ...my point is I wish him luck...whatever he wants to do but I think we can do without him..national assignments are about pride, service and honor...neither of which I think he has
exactly....!! I am with u on this one...the people like Kanu and Okocha who have come to sweat over these years have no sweat in vain...we need people that will honor the green white green like them...people like Yobo, Obodo, Okoronkwo and Jag are the next leaders...with Opabunmi and Osaze Ogbeches generation set to lace up ......we should support our core and those that have honored us ..those like Martins we can do without
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

RudeBoy wrote:I say let him play one game for us in qualifying then drop him till after the world cup!
honestly theres no point...no hard feelings I wish him the best and I hope he plays for ITALY cause thats the only way I want to see him in the world cup :!:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

honestly theres no point...no hard feelings I wish him the best and I hope he plays for ITALY cause thats the only way I want to see him in the world cup
ugly boy, only a miracle will see martins play for italy at the WC bcos i do not see the itallians droping the likes of Inzagi, cambiasso, montella, del veccio, and Del piero for an inexperienced black dude.