Czech team for EURO 2004: VERY STRONG!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Czech team for EURO 2004: VERY STRONG!!!

Post by Paveman »

Portieri
Petr Cech (Rennes), Jaromir Blazek (Sparta Praga), Antonin Kinsky (Ramenskoye);

Difensori
Rene Bolf (Banik Ostrava), Zdenek Grygera (Ajax
Amsterdam), Tomas Huebschman (Sparta Praga), Marek Jankulovski (Udinese), Martin Jiranek (Reggina), Pavel Mares (San Pietroburgo), David Rozehnal (Bruges), Tomas Ujfalusi (Amburgo);

Centrocampisti
Tomas Galasek (Ajax Amsterdam), Pavel Nedved
(Juventus), Jaroslav Plasil (Monaco), Karel Poborsky (Sparta Praga), Tomas Rosicky (Borussia Dortmund), Vladimir Smicer (Liverpool), Roman
Tyce (Monaco 1860), Stepan Vachousek (Olympique Marsiglia);

Attaccanti
Milan Baros (Liverpool), Marek Heinz (Banik Ostrava), Jan Koller (Borussia Dortmund), Vratislav Lokvenc (Kaiserslautern), Miroslav Matusovic (Banik Ostrava).
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

This team is really strong. They have a lot of players at the top of the game. The only worry at the moment is the terrible form of Pavel Nedved. however, I have this sneaking suspicion that the lad was just saving himself for this competition which is possibly the last realistic chance for the old boys like Nedved and Poborsky of winning an international competition.

With defenders such as Grygera, Huebschmann and Ujfalusi, a star midfield (Poborsky, Rosicky, Nedved, the in-form Plasil, Vachousek and Jankulovski) and with the attacking versatility of Lokvenc, Baros and Koller, this team can win it.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Paveman,

They have the players to play well and go far but they can be inconsistent at times especially when the going gets tough in the early stages of their group matches they will start struggling. Just like in Euro'96 where they somehow managed to make to the final and in Euro 2000 where they were bumped in the first round, would like to see how they play this time. But once they get out of their group i like their chances...

Their big center forward 7ft Jan Koller will give any defence any problems anyday with his height advantage which i know the Czechs are going to use to their advantage. Petr Cech is the new kid on the block and has already being signed by Chelsea and everyone will be looking for a good performance from him to justify his signing.

Other players like Milan Barros, Rosicky, Smicer and Nedved should provide the tools needed to win games. I like their chances...
Last edited by MI5 on Wed May 19, 2004 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

i worry about their bench though, its not the strongest
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

M15 these guys played their hearts out in Euro'96 and were very unfortunate to lose to Germany in the finals.Thanks to that goat Bierhoff that scored the golden goal to knock Czeck Rep out.They never dissapointed in Euro'96.Euro 2000 they were the most unlucky team and had to face 3 great powerhouses in Holland and France.The could have beaten Holland but thanx to the ref.Their game against France was very close but only 2 teams had to go.This current team i dont know much about but i will wait to see how they peform in the Euro's.I know majority of their Midfielders and fowards but am not familar with their defenders.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Czechs will not falter here...Euro 2000 was the 1st time they slipped in the 1st round...They aslo have european player of the year (Medved)...This team is talented and deep, so watch out.............. :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

omey2k4 wrote:M15 these guys played their hearts out in Euro'96 and were very unfortunate to lose to Germany in the finals.Thanks to that goat Bierhoff that scored the golden goal to knock Czeck Rep out.They never dissapointed in Euro'96.Euro 2000 they were the most unlucky team and had to face 3 great powerhouses in Holland and France.The could have beaten Holland but thanx to the ref.Their game against France was very close but only 2 teams had to go.This current team i dont know much about but i will wait to see how they peform in the Euro's.I know majority of their Midfielders and fowards but am not familar with their defenders.
Go to school when the sun shines :lol:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

You guys are easily forgetting Holland.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

These guys will not get past the semis. Everyone is overhyping this team. Remember Columbia (94), Spain (98) Etc.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Omey,

Yes they played very well in Euro'96 and apart from the first match which they lost 2-0 to the Germans i think they held up pretty well and took it one game at a time. I remember one game i think it was against the Russians 3-3 which Smicer that guy was hot ohh in 1996 scored a spectacular goal on stroke of 90mins to get them to the quaterfinals. Lovely move andgreat goal.

When they played the Portugese in the quaterfinals i was expecting Portugal to take care of business but i was wrong as the Czechs to the game to them remember that Parel Poborsky's goal lovely chip over the keeper's head. The only bad part of their game which i didn't like was when they played with France in the semifinals and took the game to penalties which they did on purpose by playing a very tight defensive game and all though the French did all they could to score with Youri hitting the bar it was one hell of a dull game.

The final was a classic against Germans and c'mon you had to give it to them for fighting back when everyone taught it was all over for them. Oliver Bierhoff became a hero after that game despite only playing few minutes in the tournament in the early stages but Vogts was out of players and Germany only had 14-field players left for the final and he had no choice but to put him in. I felt sorry for the Czechs in that final but gotta give it to Alemania for fighting back to win the cup.

Yes in Euro 2000 i believed they hit bar twice in that game and came close to scoring many times and the Dutch were fortunate to escape with the win. The PK was awarded by the one and only Collina and was scored by Frank Dev Boer. Yes their game against France was a great game but remember that yeye defender that made that backpass to his keeper which Henry pounced on and scored with it. Great game... They beat Denmark 2-0 but it was already to late. You are right they were just unfortunate as they made some silly mistakes that cost them.

This team dey sha and i expect them to get out of their group. We go see sha...

omey2k4 wrote:M15 these guys played their hearts out in Euro'96 and were very unfortunate to lose to Germany in the finals.Thanks to that goat Bierhoff that scored the golden goal to knock Czeck Rep out.They never dissapointed in Euro'96.Euro 2000 they were the most unlucky team and had to face 3 great powerhouses in Holland and France.The could have beaten Holland but thanx to the ref.Their game against France was very close but only 2 teams had to go.This current team i dont know much about but i will wait to see how they peform in the Euro's.I know majority of their Midfielders and fowards but am not familar with their defenders.
Soldier of Fortune...
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

This Czech team is the type the SuperEagles should be seeking to play friendly with. They are very talented and mentally tough too. Any team ignoring them, do so at their own risk.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!