TOSIN DOSUNMU OUT SAID NEWAGE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
TOSIN DOSUNMU OUT SAID NEWAGE

Post by GUEST »

Injury knocks Dosunmu out Nigeria’s Unity Cup matches
•••As Bolton fans rate Okocha second best player
By ROMANUS UGWU
Westerlo FC of Belgium’s striker, Tosin Dosunmu has been ruled out of Nigeria’s Unity Cup matches in London due to a sighty injury. Disclosing this to NewAgeSports, NFA’s image maker, Sam Kaalu said: “Ogunjobi has even met one of the new discoveries, Tosin Dosunmu(Belgian-based), who sought to be excused from the Unity Cup because of injuries.”

He explained that Dosunmu, however, pledged to turn up at the Eagles camp against Rwanda in the World Cup qualifiers.

Despite been a leading figure for the Trotters for the last two seasons readers of the Bolton MAD website has voted the Super Eagles captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha as Bolton Wanderers second best player of the season for the 2003-2004 campaign.

Reports monitored on the club’s website shows that the Nigerian International scored a distance 14.6 per cent behind the team’s striker, Kevin Davies who scored 36.8 per cent of the votes to claim yet another award.

The 27 old favoured Davies, has won numerous player of the year awards in the end of season honours after playing a starring role in Bolton's season following his move from Southampton a year ago.

According o website majority of Jay-Jay”s vote came from Nigeria who felt that the Super Eagles star had an impressive season to be rated higher than any other player in the team.

Ten others players who that got some votes behind Davies and Okocha are Ivan Campo and the team’s prolific striker, Youri Djorkaeff and Kevin Nolam among others
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

As Ogunjobi Parleys With Oruma, Martins

Aiyegbeni's father intervenes

SOURCE:THISDAYONLINE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Secretary General Taiwo Ogunjobi will use the FIFA Centennial activities to discuss Super Eagles matters with some of Nigeria's international stars.

Ogunjobi left Abuja on Monday night for Paris venue of the international football 100 years activities.

Some of the players Ogunjobi intends to discuss with regarding next week's Unity Cup tournament in London according to NFA spokesman, Samuel Kaalu, include Wilson Oruma, Obafemi Martins and Tosin Dosunmu. Kaalu revealed that Ogunjobi had on Tuesday at the Charles de Gaulle Airport Paris met with the free scoring Dosunmu, who plays for Belgian club Westerlo.

According to Kaalu, Dosunmu, who has scored more than a dozen goals this season, has offered to be excluded from the Three-Nation tournament on account of a knee injury.

This latest twist will no doubt be a huge blow to Eagles coach Christian Chukwu who has extended invitation to the uncapped striker as a cover up for Julius Aghahowa, who will not be available for the Unity Cup because of club engagements.

Kaalu said Dosunmu gave Ogunjobi assurance that he will report for next month's World Cup qualifier against Rwanda in Abuja.

In the same vein in form midfielder Oruma will hold talks with Ogunjobi tomorrow while it will be Martin's turn on Saturday.

Oruma has not been given an international role since he was sensationally excluded from the Eagles 2002 World Cup party to Asia after posting an unconvincing performance in a friendly match against the Republic of Ireland in a friendly match in Dublin.

He has remained controversial ever attributing his perennial exclusion from the team to a mafia led by Eagles captain Austin Okocha.

But he has remained sterling this season for modest Souchax to underline a claim to a return to the national team. He won the French Cup with Souchax last month, a feat that guaranteed him a European club competition appearance in the coming season.

In the meantime, the face off between Portsmouth striker Yakubu Aiyebgeni and the NFA seem to have been resolved at the behest of the player's father.

Aiyegbeni was reported to have pulled out of the Unity Cup to spite NFA officials for expelling him from Tunisia 2004 for breaking camp rules.

But his father has arbitrated in the raging feud by ordering him
Last edited by GUEST on Thu May 20, 2004 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Remembered the time when it used to be " The NFA is uselss, they don't seem to know how to organise friendlies b4 competitions" now d friendlies are up n d players are pulling out sighting this injury n that injury. It's a more honuorable thing to say " I can't play cos of fatigue, its been a hectic season" then we know u saying the truth.
Anyway wish them speedy recovery.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Newage = gran nut paper!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:Remembered the time when it used to be " The NFA is uselss, they don't seem to know how to organise friendlies b4 competitions" now d friendlies are up n d players are pulling out sighting this injury n that injury. It's a more honuorable thing to say " I can't play cos of fatigue, its been a hectic season" then we know u saying the truth.
Ol'boy I remember that time.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:Remembered the time when it used to be " The NFA is uselss, they don't seem to know how to organise friendlies b4 competitions" now d friendlies are up n d players are pulling out sighting this injury n that injury. It's a more honuorable thing to say " I can't play cos of fatigue, its been a hectic season" then we know u saying the truth.
My broda,

You should understand that some of them are reluctant to play because of Chukwu and Ogunjobi.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
flaming10
Egg
Egg

Post by flaming10 »

THIS NEWAGE OR OLDAGE GAT TO STOP ALL THIS CONFLICTING YARNING.. There is no iota of truth in all this rumors...... i disassociated myself with this publicationn or whatever it is called.
T.E.A.M
Together Everyone Achieve More
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

The usual charade continues.... :mrgreen: :D Well it looks like CCC may have to suit up if things get drastic... :mrgreen: :D
Soldier of Fortune...
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

flaming10 wrote:THIS NEWAGE OR OLDAGE GAT TO STOP ALL THIS CONFLICTING YARNING.. There is no iota of truth in all this rumors...... i disassociated myself with this publicationn or whatever it is called.
I second you my broda, all negative news.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Robbynice,

Hmm i thought you also pulled out of the Unity Cup what happened? :shock: :x
Soldier of Fortune...
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:You should understand that some of them are reluctant to play because of Chukwu and Ogunjobi.
SIR V:
Yes, we all know that they "confidentially" told you so! :roll:
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

well, another twist here and there
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sir V wrote:
My broda,

You should understand that some of them are reluctant to play because of Chukwu and Ogunjobi.
They refused to drop? :? :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote: They refused to drop? :? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
....the mantra.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MI5 wrote:Robbynice,

Hmm i thought you also pulled out of the Unity Cup what happened? :shock: :x
What gave you the impression that I changed my mind? :?
Winstreak_coach
Egg
Egg

Post by Winstreak_coach »

Any eight year old could put together a better article than this "N'old Age" crap..... Please tell me what I don't already know, Biko o.
Things work out best, for those who make the best out of the way things work out!
Walter Cronkite
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Sir V wrote:
My broda,

Very soon they would wish they never did so, cos some players who are hungry to showcase themselves in d Eagles would sieze the oppurtunity and displace them like CO displaces CO2.
They think they can dictate to us who should Administrate what? The NFA is incompetent yes, but u dont expect miracles to happen overnight, can the NFA of today be compared with that of 4-5 yrs ago?
Peter Obi For President 2023
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:You should understand that some of them are reluctant to play because of Chukwu and Ogunjobi.
SIR V:
Yes, we all know that they "confidentially" told you so! :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Ya'll don't worry....Obafemi Martins along with Osaze Odemwingie will form a formidable pair up front in the Unity Cup extravaganza!
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions