Ranieri, why crying??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omonaija
Egg
Egg
Ranieri, why crying??

Post by omonaija »

Ranieri hits out at Crespo

Ranieri calm under pressure
Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri has hinted at a lack of professionalism from striker Hernan Crespo.
The £16.8m signing from Inter Milan limped off after only 12 minutes of Wednesday's game against Liverpool as Chelsea slipped to a 1-0 home defeat.

And Ranieri was angry at having to press substitute striker Eidur Gujohnsen into early action, having been assured of Crespo's fitness.

"I'm very sad about Crespo because, on Tuesday, I gave him a day's rest after he told me his calf was not right.

"On the day of the game, I spoke with him and he said he was okay.

"I said 'look Hernan, I don't want to lose you for a long period, so if you aren't ready yet, I will give you a rest'.

"But he said that he was ready to play. Then, after just 12 minutes, he was injured."

The guy wanted to play and he was sure that he would stay in the right condition

Gudjohnsen was an able deputy alongside Adrian Mutu but, with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink not even on the substitutes' bench, Chelsea were shot of attacking options as they pushed for a late lifeline against Liverpool.

Asked if Crespo's fitness pledge had been unprofessional, Ranieri appeared to agree.

He added: "The guy wanted to play and he was sure that he would stay in the right condition. Of course it is frustrating."

Wednesday's Premiership defeat left Chelsea seven points adrift of leaders Manchester United and heaped pressure on Ranieri to spend during the January transfer window.

According to widespread newspaper reports, Ranieri has been told by owner Roman Abramovich that he is free to spend, despite having already invested £110m of the Russian's money.

A world-class central defender is the priority, with Bayern Leverkusen's Brazilian international Lucio and Valencia's Roberto Ayala among the targets.

But Abramovich is believed to have given Ranieri the green light to invest in any area of the pitch.

Juventus striker David Trezeguet and Inter Milan's Christian Vieri are among the big names consistently linked with a January move to Stamford Bridge.
Guys we need to carry this Abramovich guy go naija if the guy no know what else to do with him money.... :!: Kai, how come some people get head and hat to wear on top. 8)
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The man should stop 'wepting' jare.

;-)

Cheers