Riot act ‘Nigeria’ll denounce Obafemi if...’

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

By Sun News
Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Chairman, Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima, read the riot act to Inter Milan soccer sensation, Obafemi Martins, Monday, asking him to chose between Nigeria and Cameroon.

Galadima, who frowned at Obafemi’s hide-and-seek game against Nigeria, said the soccer star has been given the last chance to don Nigeria’s colours, or forget playing for the nation.
"This is the last invitation the NFA would ever extend to Martins," Galadima said angrily. "This is his last chance. I have told Christian Chukwu that never should he send invitation to Martins again, if he fails to come for the Unity Cup in England.
"NFA does not have to beg any player to play for Nigeria. All we need do is send invitation letters to their clubs.

"If Martins fails this time, after dumping Nigeria on several occasions, we shall not hesitate to disown him and even endorse his playing for Cameroon. He has to prove that he’s a Nigerian by playing for the nation."
The NFA chairman disclosed that it was high time Nigeria called the bluff of recalcitrant players, who hold the nation to ransome.

"The NFA have told the coaches to work harder and stop relying on these so-called foreign-based stars," he said. "They should scout for players, who are driven by hunger – vicious hunger to succeed. They should get players who can stand the test of time, players who can stand on their own."
Alhaji Galadima also told Daily Sunsport that there was no iota of truth in the rumour running in the mill that Portsmouth’s goal-digger, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, has also vowed never to honour national calls until certain persons leave the NFA.

He said: "There is no truth in the statement that Aiyegbeni won’t honour our invitation. "In fact, I’m told that Aiyegbeni will be the first player to report to camp in England for the Unity Cup.
"If he comes, it is good for him because he needs Nigeria more…. The NFA won’t beg him because begging him means we are guilty of our action in Tunisia. What happened in Tunisia was sad but Aiyegbeni should put that behind him.

"The only player who has called to excuse himself is Nwankwo Kanu, who told me that he would be in America in respect of his wedding in June. Every other player is expected in England."
Galadima also agrees that the NFA has to exhume the Code of Conduct book from wherever it was buried.
"Yes, I agree that we need a code of conduct for the players," he said. "That’s the only way we can have sanity in the national teams.
"We have to spell out how much the players get as allowance and the penalties for not honouring national invitations."
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

Shooo! Wonder shall never end.
Thought we are in Democracy era in Naija. Abi we don change overnight?
This man (NFA Chairman) no serious o.
First, see the way he handled the issue of the 3 suspended players from Tunisia - which is eventually culminating in all these withdrawals for the Unity Cup AND now he`s reading rioting act for Obagoal.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hey na Naija style which is called "Power show"... :lol: :o :D

Bobo Dan wrote:Shooo! Wonder shall never end.
Thought we are in Democracy era in Naija. Abi we don change overnight?
This man (NFA Chairman) no serious o.
First, see the way he handled the issue of the 3 suspended players from Tunisia - which is eventually culminating in all these withdrawals for the Unity Cup AND now he`s reading rioting act for Obagoal.
Soldier of Fortune...
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

And he thinks he can order / decree / or force anybody to play against his will. In what century do these people still lives in ?
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Like PapaK would say "i don't really care if the kid plays for us or not, I have lost interest".
Peter Obi For President 2023
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

Question to Mr Galadima....

Na so dem dey run football ?? :P :P
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

we all thought we would be millionaires and gods, i guess he is leaving the dream
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

:evil: its about time somebody came out and spoke like this.

It is one thing to continually inform the Nation that you aren't ready to play. it is entirely another thing to dangle the hopes of numerous football lovers by vacillating between decisions everytime you are called.

Personally, I was for fashing the guy after ANC :evil:
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

He is not forcing Martins to play, he is telling him to either play or stay out forever. The choice is still Martins' to either play or not and that is democracy. So you guys should lay off NFA for once. This time around, I support NFA.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Abubakar
Egg
Egg
Yes the Brukutu Man has Spoken!

Post by Abubakar »

This is indeed the hard-hand tactics that fit the cowards like Obafemi.

This Obafemi boy is not even Nigerian and I wonder why we are wasting our time on him. He claims that he wants his game to mature. What more maturity does a 28 year old man need in football? He is an old uneducated clown playing pranks with destiny.

"He shall fall down and shalt be offered to the Lions" (cameroon) to be devoured. Nothing will be left of Martins after he fails to honor the Unity Cup call of our great Nation. This is his last chance for this pretender. A Brukutu man-boy indeed!

Buran Uba!
In the Abundance of Water, the Fool is Thirsty!
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

Abubakar, Lacidi and Lefak...

Make you guys take am easy o. Ever heard of free will ? And as far as I remember, free will na human right o.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

We will withdraw his Nigerian passport!

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

Una sure say he even get Naija passport ????
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bobo Dan wrote:And he thinks he can order / decree / or force anybody to play against his will. In what century do these people still lives in ?
Nna abeg ask dem-o!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
joe1192
Egg
Egg

Post by joe1192 »

lol

oga Galadima, when you loose your job do you think what you have said will make a difference to the next goat in power?

abeg ojare, let the young man decide when he is ready to play for the country instead of you forcing him
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:Like PapaK would say "i don't really care if the kid plays for us or not, I have lost interest".
Although I do not like authoritative type of decisions, this one I do support.

The guy is short of being an angel*.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

I say we send him to spend a weeknd with Abubakars cousins.....who will fiam some sense into him.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Idiocy. Just plain idiocy.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

This cocksucka never amend Naija football and he is here majaing on Obafemi Martins.This Galdilema is an ewu!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^