Some interesting quotes

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KoC
Egg
Egg
Some interesting quotes

Post by KoC »

This was pre-ANC. Makes interesting reading now, doesnt it?

wiseone wrote:...I cannot understand how this guy continually gets picked. He is quite simply the worst GK to have ever played for Nigeria at full international level. I cannot think of one goalkeeping attribute (crosses? handling? distribution?) where he can honestly be called Nigeria's best.

Everyone is going on about in inclusion/exclusion of Obodo, Ikedia, and Lawal.....but no matter how many goals Jag and co score - the opposition will always have a headstart with Enyeama in goal. Yobo and co will have to play like Baresi, Maldini, Nesta and Cannavaro to stop us from leaking goals. I don't like to bash pro footballers....but Enyeama's performance on the field sometimes is embarassing.

No matter which 10 outfield players we play - Enyeama will negate all their good work.
Blakes wrote:
i really hope we can find a solid keeper, it could be a blessing in disguise if Enyeama lets in a lot of goals, because if we defend well and do not let in many goals this tourney, it would not be because of Enyeama, but our defence, then we would have a false sense of security with Enyeama in goal, then when it comes time to play a team like Brazil, we would be destroyed.
Anything Brazil can do, cameroon is capable of doing as well...we dont need to wait tilll brazil to find out, we shall seee when we jam cameroon or senegal...
marko wrote:that is the essence of a good keeper-confidence, ability to shout at the defence,organise the defence,we have the likes of abbey george,udeze,babayaro,okoronkwo in defence-can you really see enyeama shout at these guys that play in europe,earn high wages,he will probably spend all the time looking at them in awe until 4 goals get at the back of his net-might sound stupid,but it is very serious-inferior complex i must say-who ever thinks am chatting sh** should wait until the 27.01.2004-if we win our 1st match,it will be because of Aghahowa-Nigeria best striker for the past 20 years!!!
wiseone wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Love him or hate him, Enyeama is the best we have. Shikena!
...that is the most depressing thing I have heard in 2004 and does not bode well for the state of the Nigerian goalkeeping profession. We are in serious trouble.
nemi2002 wrote:wiseone, vincent is about to finish university in nigeria that's why he hsn't gone abroad on trials. Once he is through this year, he will leave nigeria, his team is aware of this and have started making arrangements to get an equally good keeper.

Like somebody said, how many goals has he conceded in his games for nigeria?
Wiseone if Enyeama surprises you at the ANC ihope you will do the honorable thing and eat humble pie :oops:
wiseone wrote:
somebody wrote:Look here guyz, it is simple. I know Etapia and Ejide are good GKs, and for Eyeama to be choosing ahead of them, then he must be better than them.
...just wait till you see Enyeama play. I can GUARANTEE that when the other forumites see him play at the ANC.....THEY WILL BASH HIM UNMERCIFULLY. If you thought the Lawal and Agali bashing was bad...you ain't seen nothing yet.

I don't think the forumites realise just how bad Enyeama is. They will soon though.
Read the full gist here
viewtopic.php?t=1714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Last edited by KoC on Thu May 20, 2004 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oga Chief, pure wickedness. :P :P :P :P :P
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Waffi, sometimes its good to look back.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

well i do hope some of them dont choke on their pies..... :mrgreen:
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

yettycom wrote:well i do hope some of them dont choke on their pies..... :mrgreen:
I guess u've experienced how it feels when one chokes....I will pray against that for them too!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
mystic

Post by mystic »

Wiseone isn't so wise after all.

This is what happens when somebody yodles on despite not having a clue about what he is saying.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
All this speculation self. A lot of you might end up with egg on your faces when you find out that Enyeama is not starting come January 27. Enough said.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Prince wrote:Ayo Akinfe wrote:
All this speculation self. A lot of you might end up with egg on your faces when you find out that Enyeama is not starting come January 27. Enough said.
Egusi soup in Ayo's face :lol:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Prince wrote:Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Kai kai kai

even me sef bin bash Vincent, so i dey carry my 20kobo comot
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Thats how i would be dishing out humble Pies to Mi5 n his Bandwagon of Olokpas/Police very soon when CCC prooves me right very soon. :mrgreen:
Peter Obi For President 2023