No disrespect intended...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
No disrespect intended...

Post by Robbynice »

...But why is NEWAGE the only news agency(if that is what it is) reporting the news of our key players dropping like flies out the Unity Cup tournament? Whatever happened to Reuters and other reliable news agencies? I don't believe anything Newage says until I get the same news from a reliable. Even kickoffnigeria.com is not reporting anything about players dropping out.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No disrespect intended...

Post by txj »

Ogunjobi this week as reported in This Day, accused them of sabotaging the NFA.

Robbynice wrote:...But why is NEWAGE the only news agency(if that is what it is) reporting the news of our key players dropping like flies out the Unity Cup tournament? Whatever happened to Reuters and other reliable news agencies? I don't believe anything Newage says until I get the same news from a reliable. Even kickoffnigeria.com is not reporting anything about players dropping out.
Robbynice
Re: No disrespect intended...

Post by Robbynice »

txj wrote:Ogunjobi this week as reported in This Day, accused them of sabotaging the NFA.

Robbynice wrote:...But why is NEWAGE the only news agency(if that is what it is) reporting the news of our key players dropping like flies out the Unity Cup tournament? Whatever happened to Reuters and other reliable news agencies? I don't believe anything Newage says until I get the same news from a reliable. Even kickoffnigeria.com is not reporting anything about players dropping out.
No wonder ***Robby shaking his head in amazement of what some reporters will go through just to bring people down*** :roll:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Robby but you of all people should know the answer to your question! No be you be the PR director of the NFA for the forum!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Taka
Egg
Egg
FROM REUTERS

Post by Taka »

Nigeria call up Charlton's Cole to national squad

By Eniwoke Ibagere

LAGOS, May 20 (Reuters) - Charlton Athletic forward Carlton Cole has been invited to join the Nigeria national squad for next week's friendlies against Republic of Ireland and Jamaica in London, a Nigerian FA spokesman said on Thursday.

Samuel Kaalu said although the striker had played for England at under-21 level, he could switch allegiance to Nigeria under new eligibility rules introduced by world soccer's governing body FIFA.

The rules, which came into effect on January 1, state that a player with dual nationality who had been capped at junior level can represent another country at senior level.

"We have invited Cole to the squad after establishing that his father is a London-based Nigerian lawyer," Kaalu told Reuters by phone from Abuja.

"After contacting his family, the father said he will play for Nigeria if he meets the criteria," he added.

Kaalu said Okirie is the family name of Cole's father who hails from Omoku town in southern Nigeria.

The striker, on loan from fellow English premier league club Chelsea, received the call-up after several key players withdrew from the friendlies which will be played at The Valley, Charlton's home ground.

Kaalu said Belgium-based striker Tosin Dosunmu is the latest withdrawal from the squad alongside Arsenal's Nkwankwo Kanu. Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Joseph Yobo pulled out earlier.

Nigeria face Ireland on May 29 and take on Jamaica two days later, with the Irish playing Jamaica on June 2.

Kaalu was still hopeful the entire squad would be available for Nigeria's 2006 World Cup qualifier against Rwanda on June 5 in Abuja.

Angola, Zimbabwe, Gabon and Algeria complete the group from which only the top team will qualify for the World Cup finals in Germany.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kaalu said Belgium-based striker Tosin Dosunmu is the latest withdrawal from the squad alongside Arsenal's Nkwankwo Kanu. Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Joseph Yobo pulled out earlier.
Robby, you don see this one now with your korokoro eye. Oya, apologize one time to Newage :mrgreen:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!