Okocha puts contract on backburner

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

torontoeagle
Egg
Egg
Okocha puts contract on backburner

Post by torontoeagle »

Bolton captain Jay-Jay Okocha says he is more concerned about playing football than planning contract talks.

The Nigerian playmaker, whose current deal expires at the end of the season, is due to head off to the Africa Nations Cup in Tunisia shortly.

Before then the former Paris St Germain star has some vital club business to take care of starting with the local derby against Blackburn tomorrow.

'I don't want to start thinking about my contract situation yet,' he said. 'I just want to concentrate on the games I am playing. When the time comes I will make a decision.

'Before I came to Bolton I was free and I didn't get many offers. I am quite happy here. I am very grateful I got the opportunity to play in the Premiership with Bolton and I want to pay them back. That is what I am doing.

'It is always nice to be among the best teams but not everyone can do that. At Bolton it is like a family. It is always a joy coming into training.'

Okocha insists he is his own man. 'I always try to be myself - to try and play my own game, no matter what the situation is. When things are going wrong a lot of people get nervous and forget that it is all about football. They put themselves under pressure.

'I try to keep my head free. I try to forget about the problems and do my best.'

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce will have to make one enforced change to the team that went down to Manchester United.

Jamaica defender Ricardo Gardner is ruled out after damaging knee ligaments in the first half while striker Mario Jardel remains doubtful because of a hamstring injury.

Culled from soccernet.com
T-Dot
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

OGA na true son of the soil. I just LIKES the way and manners in which he handles matters. I hope other Super Eagles players will learn from him.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Good business sense.
who no know go know.
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

ruff'n'tuff wrote:Good business sense.
He definitely knows the business. Foot smart and street wise....
T-Dot