Uwua rejects Lobi players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fatty
Egg
Egg

Post by fatty »

The Chief Tactician of the Bendel Insurance, Godwin Uwua has turned his back against the players of the 2003 Coca-Cola FA Cup champions, Lobi Stars FC of Makurdi, claiming that his accepting them would disrupt the game plan he has put in place for them to prosecute the continental competition.

Disclosing this to NewAgeSports in a telephone interview on Wednesday, the former coach of the Makurdi team said: “Ordinarily I would have loved to draft some of them to beef up my team, but it would not be in the best interest of the team campaigning in continental tourney to disorganise the understanding and pattern I have built while I was with them.”

He expressed discomfort turning back the Lobi players that came for Insurance screening, lamenting that his refusal is not in any way a calculated attempt to underplay the players’ competence as, according to him, “they are those with scintillating form, which I would have loved to co-opt into my squad but for the fact that their departure from Lobi would spell doom in the team’s this year African continental campaign.”

Uwua left Lobi for Insurance late last year, citing the highhandedness of the team’s board chairman, Domnic Iorfa as the reason for abandoning the team that are now under the tutelage of former Gabros International FC of Onitsha Maurice Cooleman.

http://www.newage-online.com/sports/article08

This shows Godwin Uwua as not being selfish, with a good plan for himself, Lobi and Nigeria in general. A seasoned coach, fire on.
From green to super, eagles are soaring to Golden.
StoneKold
Egg
Egg

Post by StoneKold »

what if the players goes to other clubs, will he be there to stop them, noncence.
Fulk, Ur Gabage suck.