Rumour: Ronaldo linked with Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Alaafin
Egg
Egg
Rumour: Ronaldo linked with Chelsea

Post by Alaafin »

MADRID, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Ronaldo has dismissed speculation that he met representatives from Chelsea on a flying visit to London earlier this week and said he did not expect to be disciplined by Real Madrid for missing training on Thursday.
"It's totally false that I had dinner in London with anyone linked to Chelsea," the Brazilian striker was quoted as saying in Spanish sports daily As on Friday.
"It's true that it is the second time that I've been in London recently and I have to return in the future because I have publicity obligations with Nike and some other personal business to sort out."
Ronaldo said there was no foundation to reports that claimed he was not happy in Madrid and insisted he had every intention of seeing out his contract at Real.
"I'm very happy and am aiming to complete the remaining two years on my contract. At the moment I only have one target and that is to win the Champions League, the one title that has so far evaded me."
He said he did not expect to be punished for missing training on Thursday because his late arrival was due to a problem with his return flight from London.
"I don't think I will be fined because I have done nothing wrong," he said.
"The plane couldn't land at the airport on time because of fog and that's why I arrived late for training. I'm fully aware of my obligations and want to fulfil all of them."
Spanish daily El Mundo reported on Friday that the player had not been granted permission to travel to London despite the fact that he had not been included in the squad for the team's King's Cup match against Eibar on Wednesday.
Ronaldo is Real's leading scorer this season, notching 14 goals in 18 league matches and is expected to lead their attack in the game at Real Sociedad on Saturday.

01/09/04 06:38 ET
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

MI5 is linked to Man Utd :D :D :D
Soldier of Fortune...