We’ve no excuse not to win Nations Cup — Taribo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

By Tony Ubani

Friday, January 09, 2004

Taribo West dissected the Super Eagles in camp yesterday and said that they have no excuse not to win the Nations Cup in Tunisia.
Taribo has been playing an inspirational role in camp, cheering the players, urging them on as well as ensuring that he played himself into the team.
“Frankly speaking, there is no reason why we should not win the Nations Cup”, he said.
He explained that his reason for the flow of optimism is hinged on the preparation, peace in camp, NFA’s change of attitude and the drilling from the technical crew among others.
“There is no distraction of any sort here. Our allowances are paid on time. There is no quarrel on whether you have not paid me or you have short-changed me. The players are all committed to and are giving out their best.
“The technical crew are sound and they have demonstrated that they are equal to the task. Even without the presence of players like Okocha and others, you can see that the camp is not devoid of competition amongst the players. “Besides these, this is the year of reaping fruits. It is the Lord who said that and we are going to reap our fruits in Tunisia. The cup is the fruit and we shall take it to Nigeria. We need prayers and I’m quite sure that Nigeria will win. We don’t have any excuse not to win the Cup”, he insisted at the Super Eagles Ria Park Resort Hotel.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

You Believe?
You are Your Own Dog
bigtruth
Egg
Egg

Post by bigtruth »

Yes I do
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

Preach it............
T-Dot
chopeski
Egg
Egg

Post by chopeski »

Why does Taribo have to bring God into all these? What if we don’t win the trophy, will he blame God or blame his colleagues? Or maybe refer to them as Junk!

He should take care of his own business and leave God out of it, God lies in our hearts and we should look to the inside and not on just the outside.
Last edited by chopeski on Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

There is no quarrel on whether you have not paid me or you have short-changed me.

So they used to short-changed them?

From all indications it looks as if Taribo is the national coach or may be advising chukwu on how to run things.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Sir V wrote: There is no quarrel on whether you have not paid me or you have short-changed me.

From all indications it looks as if Taribo is the national coach or may be advising chukwu on how to run things.

SirV, I don't know how you earn your living.. but, the CEO of my company encourages meaningful input and advise of employees. Taribo has been around the block twice, and has a lot to offer and contribute...as well as teach the young defenders a trick or two, on the art of defending.

Maybe, you are not satisfied with the existing harmony between he, subbordinates, and the coach.

Oso ndi Owe ndi.
You are Your Own Dog
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Dog Bruno wrote:
Sir V wrote: There is no quarrel on whether you have not paid me or you have short-changed me.

SirV, I don't know how you earn your living.. but, the CEO of my company encourages meaningful input and advise of employees. Taribo has been around the block twice, and has a lot to offer and contribute...as well as teach the young defenders a trick or two, on the art of defending.

Maybe, you are not satisfied with the existing harmony between he, subbordinates, and the coach.

Oso ndi Owe ndi.
Chukwu should not allow that to happen, it does not say well of Chukwu. Remember what happened in Mali, 2002, when Amodu could not control the boys and that cost him his job just before the world cup.

Having said that when the other big boys arrive camp, will he continue to help? I would advise Chukwu to stop him now otherwise it will be another Mali coming.
Last edited by Sir V on Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bell

Post by Bell »

A STATEMENT PRO-FC'S WOULD HATE TO HEAR:

“The technical crew are sound and they have demonstrated that they are equal to the task." - by Taribo

Where are they now? I'm referring to those who gleefully pasted to this site Galadima's untimely and unprofessional criticism of IC's.
Bell
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Bell,

Take all that with a pinch of salt.

Taribo is a desperate man and desperate men say desperate things.

;-)

Cheers
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bell wrote:A STATEMENT PRO-FC'S WOULD HATE TO HEAR:

“The technical crew are sound and they have demonstrated that they are equal to the task." - by Taribo

Where are they now? I'm referring to those who gleefully pasted to this site Galadima's untimely and unprofessional criticism of IC's.
Bell
What do you expect him to say?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: We’ve no excuse not to win Nations Cup — Taribo

Post by Waffiman »

ivanuche wrote:We’ve no excuse not to win Nations Cup — Taribo

By Tony Ubani

Friday, January 09, 2004

Taribo West dissected the Super Eagles in camp yesterday and said that they have no excuse not to win the Nations Cup in Tunisia.
Taribo has been playing an inspirational role in camp, cheering the players, urging them on as well as ensuring that he played himself into the team.
“Frankly speaking, there is no reason why we should not win the Nations Cup”, he said.
He explained that his reason for the flow of optimism is hinged on the preparation, peace in camp, NFA’s change of attitude and the drilling from the technical crew among others.
“There is no distraction of any sort here. Our allowances are paid on time. There is no quarrel on whether you have not paid me or you have short-changed me. The players are all committed to and are giving out their best.
“The technical crew are sound and they have demonstrated that they are equal to the task. Even without the presence of players like Okocha and others, you can see that the camp is not devoid of competition amongst the players. “Besides these, this is the year of reaping fruits. It is the Lord who said that and we are going to reap our fruits in Tunisia. The cup is the fruit and we shall take it to Nigeria. We need prayers and I’m quite sure that Nigeria will win. We don’t have any excuse not to win the Cup”, he insisted at the Super Eagles Ria Park Resort Hotel.
Long may it continue. No more bonuses stealing by the NFA offiicals please.

I admire Ribo's optimism and wish his bosses like Gladima can follow his lead. Cheers Ribo. Keep it up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

This taribo sef..so inspiratiional . I am beginning to believe myself. In fact that should be the new catch phrase of our ANC campaign: BELIEVE...........
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

What??? No junk players in camp then I assume :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fourteen
Egg
Egg
Re: We’ve no excuse not to win Nations Cup — Taribo

Post by Fourteen »

While I would be happy to join the band wagon and praise this inspirational report - if we truely are to reap the fruits of our labor - and our labor is the kind of preparation we have had compared to some other teams, then our fruit in Tunisia might not be the cup! [Q.E.D]

ivanuche wrote:We’ve no excuse not to win Nations Cup — Taribo

By Tony Ubani

Friday, January 09, 2004

Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Before evey torunament there is always one Nigerian player talking about "winning".Yet they haven't done that for us in a while...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I assume he doesn't consider these new group of players junk...yet!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

We have the calibre of players to win ANC but we don't have the squad.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:We have the calibre of players to win ANC but we don't have the squad.
Very true!
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Taribo is saying all the right things!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

God forbid but once things go sour in a certain stage,the truth will come out,all this will change.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Words that are reminisant of what we hear prior to every tournament. I remember him singing the praises of AO before the WC only to turn on him after the 1st 2 matches didn't go well.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Taribo said and on quote:

The technical crew are sound and they have demonstrated that they are equal to the task. Even without the presence of players like Okocha and others, you can see that the camp is not devoid of competition amongst the players.

I'd definitely take his words over some Internet Certified Coaches here, like Ayoakinfe and Eagle Winged :D :D