Are Arsenal Fan racists?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sensiemella101
Egg
Egg
Are Arsenal Fan racists?

Post by Sensiemella101 »

I visited Arsenal-mania recently and I keep getting the same vibe that I got from many Newcastle fans (of course in a more sophisticated way) that many would prefer a team without black players. i find that players like Adebayor, Eboue and Diaby come in for pretty harsh criticism
WAKENYA
Egg
Egg

Post by WAKENYA »

I agree that they are biased in their critism and I think that the African players get the brunt of it. I frequent soccernet forum and I have noticed that many fans would prefer Bendtner to start ahead of Adebeyor because they claim that Ade has a horrible first touch although he is the current leading scorer in the EPL. Ebeoue is another who gets critisized whenever Arsenal do not play well although he is much better than the over-hyped Theo Walcott who is not yet good enough to start.
After the last loss many said it was due to the fact that their best four players were absent. According to them the four best players in Arsenal are Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb and Van Persie. That speaks volumes of the fans thought process.
I am here to help...
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

if it were us we'd do the same thing too.
Sensiemella101
Egg
Egg

Post by Sensiemella101 »

WAKENYA wrote:I agree that they are biased in their critism and I think that the African players get the brunt of it. I frequent soccernet forum and I have noticed that many fans would prefer Bendtner to start ahead of Adebeyor because they claim that Ade has a horrible first touch although he is the current leading scorer in the EPL. Ebeoue is another who gets critisized whenever Arsenal do not play well although he is much better than the over-hyped Theo Walcott who is not yet good enough to start.
After the last loss many said it was due to the fact that their best four players were absent. According to them the four best players in Arsenal are Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb and Van Persie. That speaks volumes of the fans thought process.
I expected better from Arsenal fans since much of their recent success was built on the backs of black players.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

they are more europeanist as they embrace Henry, wright, walcott etc who are all white.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Are Arsenal Fan racists?

Post by kash n' karry »

Sensiemella101 wrote:I visited Arsenal-mania recently and I keep getting the same vibe that I got from many Newcastle fans (of course in a more sophisticated way) that many would prefer a team without black players. i find that players like Adebayor, Eboue and Diaby come in for pretty harsh criticism
:evil: :twisted:
Atleast it them silly fans ain't throwing banana out on pitch as the craze Barcelona fans.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

kash n' karry wrote:
Sensiemella101 wrote:I visited Arsenal-mania recently and I keep getting the same vibe that I got from many Newcastle fans (of course in a more sophisticated way) that many would prefer a team without black players. i find that players like Adebayor, Eboue and Diaby come in for pretty harsh criticism
Atleast it them silly fans ain't throwing banana out on pitch as the craze Barcelona fans.
And when did they do that...
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Killa Adjei wrote:
kash n' karry wrote:
And when did they do that...
My bad, it was opposing team fans to Barcelona, Eto'o was scoring against their assses.
==========================
Samba boys 3 vs. Samba chicks 0 : 2nd round, 2006 WC
Samba boys 1 vs. Samba chicks 0 : March 26, 2007 friendly
Saudi Arabia 5 vs. Samba chicks 0 : Another 9/11 Taliban attack
rabbit
Egg
Egg

Post by rabbit »

WAKENYA wrote: After the last loss many said it was due to the fact that their best four players were absent. According to them the four best players in Arsenal are Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb and Van Persie. That speaks volumes of the fans thought process.
Like it or not, those have been our best four players this season. I'm not saying I don't see your point, but Kolo Toure is one of the most worshipped players there, and someone like Sagna or Diarra is more well-liked than a Diaby. And Eboue, I think we all can agree, is a total wanker.

But I do see your point.
GOD IS A GOONER
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Arsenal fan or not, oyinbos are the same. Surprised that some of you surprised at all :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

You remind me of a little boy crying wolf. There's nothing racist about the fans criticisms. Adebayour is being criticized for poor finishing, Eboue for his on fiield antics, and Diaby for being impatient. These criticisms are no different from those here who criticize the Yak for not scoring enough, or Okocha for wasteful freekicks, and even Adebayour have been so criticized here on this forum, too. Bear in mind that, these same fans have scorchingly criticized Lehman, Bredtner, Gallas, and Helb. They have even called for Rosiscky to be sold bcos of his frequent injuries. So my friend, be very careful before crying wolf the next time. ARSENAL RULES!!!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

You're either racist,tribalist, sexist,sectarian or not to any of them - the club you support's an afterthought. Direct your comments to those you see as racist not the entire Goonerhood. Same as you don't blame all of the North or Southern Naija for the actions of a few.
Bendtner has his fans for whatever reasons but AW rules....
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

You guys take the race thing to new levels! Arsenal is not a racist club and neither are its supporters! Get a life!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Josimar
Egg
Egg

Post by Josimar »

Thunder wrote:
You remind me of a little boy crying wolf. There's nothing racist about the fans criticisms. Adebayour is being criticized for poor finishing, Eboue for his on fiield antics, and Diaby for being impatient. These criticisms are no different from those here who criticize the Yak for not scoring enough, or Okocha for wasteful freekicks, and even Adebayour have been so criticized here on this forum, too. Bear in mind that, these same fans have scorchingly criticized Lehman, Bredtner, Gallas, and Helb. They have even called for Rosiscky to be sold bcos of his frequent injuries. So my friend, be very careful before crying wolf the next time. ARSENAL RULES!!!
Excellent points :!:
Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing. Losers always have excuses for losing, but winners always look for reasons to succeed!
Sensiemella101
Egg
Egg

Post by Sensiemella101 »

Josimar wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Excellent points :!:

I pity you...I honestly do...

The days when someone would call u n&gger to ur face are long gone.

Does that mean that racism in football has magically disappeared?

Do u really believe that?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

RudeBoy wrote:You guys take the race thing to new levels! Arsenal is not a racist club and neither are its supporters! Get a life!
Stop trying to fudge the issue. Do the African players come in for unfair criticism at Arsenal?

I have no problem with anyone criticising Adebayor for his wastefulness but I would have a problem if Van Persie did the same thing and the response was different. We criticise players just as much as anyone else but we would criticise JJ the same way we would criticise Yakubu, Martins, Uche, Kanu, etc.

In the English media, George Best always got sympathy and understanding for his drug abuse but when it came to Maradona, he was pilloried.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

On a side note wetin happen to Waffiman, it is inconceivable that a thread like this appear without his input.....

Anyway one tree does not make a forest, as clubs go Arsenal is light years ahead of a lot of clubs in the U.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Sensiemella101
Egg
Egg

Post by Sensiemella101 »

Look Arsenal is miles better than Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle in this respect but I detect some racism there...

It maybe that the ppl who write on messageboards are'nt representative of the average Gooner but i thought the criticism directed at Adebayor & co. worth mentioning.

i am shocked that some of u can't see that racism is alive and kicking in the EPL. Portsmouth has done remarkably well this season, they use the ball intelligently, play a nice fast fluid brand of football, are technically adept...yet they are often described as essentiall 10 big strong athletes and Niko Krancar.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Sensiemella101 wrote:Look Arsenal is miles better than Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle in this respect but I detect some racism there...

It maybe that the ppl who write on messageboards are'nt representative of the average Gooner but i thought the criticism directed at Adebayor & co. worth mentioning.

i am shocked that some of u can't see that racism is alive and kicking in the EPL. Portsmouth has done remarkably well this season, they use the ball intelligently, play a nice fast fluid brand of football, are technically adept...yet they are often described as essentiall 10 big strong athletes and Niko Krancar.

Arsenal fans aren't fickle. The criticize, as well as praise their players. Sensiemella101, what evidence do you have to show your claim of racism. Just a headsup, you can cut and paste. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

Thunder wrote:
Sensiemella101 wrote:Look Arsenal is miles better than Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle in this respect but I detect some racism there...

Arsenal fans aren't fickle. The criticize, as well as praise their players. Sensiemella101, what evidence do you have to show your claim of racism. Just a headsup, you can cut and paste. :lol:
Of all clubs to throw the race card at, he picks Arsenal? Probably the most non-racist and diverse club and supporters in England, if not Europe.

Let's ignore the fact that both Arsenal's greatest players are black, let's ignore the fact the club is located at the epicentre of racial and cultural diversity in England, let's ignore the fact you'll see more black and asian fans at Emirates stadium than any other club, let's ignore all the anti-racism work Arsenal have been involved with for decades, let's ignore the fact Arsenal were the first English team to field a starting 11 with 10 black players and Africans have been integral to the first team for nearly a decade.

Yes, because a few fans on an internet forum make valid criticisms of some African players, Arsenal fans are racist. :roll:
Josimar
Egg
Egg

Post by Josimar »

Bros the thing shock me for real no be small. Some of our people just throw around the race card without applying common sense and logic. The reasoning here is almost laughable :lol: :lol:

Eagle Winged wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Of all clubs to throw the race card at, he picks Arsenal? Probably the most non-racist and diverse club and supporters in England, if not Europe.

Let's ignore the fact that both Arsenal's greatest players are black, let's ignore the fact the club is located at the epicentre of racial and cultural diversity in England, let's ignore the fact you'll see more black and asian fans at Emirates stadium than any other club, let's ignore all the anti-racism work Arsenal have been involved with for decades, let's ignore the fact Arsenal were the first English team to field a starting 11 with 10 black players and Africans have been integral to the first team for nearly a decade.

Yes, because a few fans on an internet forum make valid criticisms of some African players, Arsenal fans are racist. :roll:
Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing. Losers always have excuses for losing, but winners always look for reasons to succeed!
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

tendai101 wrote:Arsenal fan or not, oyinbos are the same. Surprised that some of you surprised at all :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The same way you feel better asking a black guy for direction in an unfamiliar territory. It just happens, even when it's not your intention. In live in NC, US. I am not a racist, but any time i get lost in the country area, i feel better asking for direction from someone who looks like me.
supereagles all the way
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obiagu wrote:
tendai101 wrote:Arsenal fan or not, oyinbos are the same. Surprised that some of you surprised at all :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The same way you feel better asking a black guy for direction in an unfamiliar territory. It just happens, even when it's not your intention. In live in NC, US. I am not a racist, but any time i get lost in the country area, i feel better asking for direction from someone who looks like me.
Since the Slave Trade, it has become involuntary for people to identify themselves through skin colour. I was once on a Chelsea forum where a fan said that he likes the "inferior African players" because they cost less.

It will take about three generations for us to knock racism out of the heads of oyinbos. Even non-racists find it hard to accept that the African is their equal. An African wastepipe will always come in for harsher criticism than an oyinbo one.