Agali reports Schalke to FIFA, NFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

2004 AFRICAN NATIONS CUP COUNTDOWN:
••• Says he must play for Nigeria
••• Eagles leave Faro Jan.22
By Ade Ojeikere
Returnee Super Eagles striker, Victor Agali has informed the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) and the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) of the decision by Schalke 04 of Germany’s management to release him for Nigeria’s African Nations Cup matches on January 18.

Agali, who recently renewed his contract with the German club, called the Eagles camp in Faro, Portugal, on Wednesday night begging the chief coach Christian Chukwu to ask the NFA chiefs to write FIFA for an enforcement of the relevant statutes as it concerns the release of players to participate in the country’s international competitions and not matches as the clubs are insisting.

Consequently, the NFA Secretary General Taiwo Ogunjobi contacted Agali’s German club’s management members, informing them of the country’s resolve to ask FIFA for the player’s presence in Tunisia, in line with the dictates of the rules governing the release of players to their fatherland for international competitions.

Already, Arsenal are on the verge of reneging on a gentleman’s arrangement of the Nwankwo him release as they have refused to allow Kanu to join up with the Eagles in the team’s Ria Park hotel in Faro.

The striker was due to meet up for international duty on January 11 but Arsene Wenger is unwilling to let him leave until after the game with Aston Villa seven days later.

The Gunners are likely to be without forwards Dennis Bergkamp and Sylvain Wiltord for around ten days due to injury and want Kanu to remain with them for as long as possible.

"We want him to play here for as long as we can," stated Wenger. "We need his presence and his quality. "It's easy to see that at this moment Kanu is fit and doesn't need a pre-tournament camp."

Meanwhile, Eagles players are expected to leave Faro on January 22 for Monastir, in Tunisia ahead of the African Nation Cup matches.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

Has Agali really extended his contract as it says in the article? The last I heard he was adamant that he was leaving 04.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Question,

Does Arsene realize that he cannot feature Kanu in the game against Aston Villa if he backs out of the agreement with NFA?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Akamoke wrote:Question,

Does Arsene realize that he cannot feature Kanu in the game against Aston Villa if he backs out of the agreement with NFA?
Of course he does and he will not do it. We have been down this road before. Na NFA go give am permission, if they do not he go release Kanu.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Agali is a hero.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

Rubbish. Agali is NOT in camp all this while and then asking the NFA and FIFA to intervene between him and his club? In other words, he is asking to be rewarded for indiscipline. That is intolerable behaviour and someone should tell him he cannot eat his cake and have it. Either he shows his face in camp or he stays away completely. Full stop. No ifs and buts about it.

And CIC Old boy, what makes Agali a hero? Staying in Festac and calling the shots? That would be justifiable if he was a goals-king. But he is not. He has only scored four goals this season. Nigeria needs to stop exalting mediocrity. Agali is a mediocre player who needs to justify his striker position before talking like a star.
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Bombastic wrote:Rubbish. Agali is NOT in camp all this while and then asking the NFA and FIFA to intervene between him and his club? In other words, he is asking to be rewarded for indiscipline. That is intolerable behaviour and someone should tell him he cannot eat his cake and have it. Either he shows his face in camp or he stays away completely. Full stop. No ifs and buts about it.

And CIC Old boy, what makes Agali a hero? Staying in Festac and calling the shots? That would be justifiable if he was a goals-king. But he is not. He has only scored four goals this season. Nigeria needs to stop exalting mediocrity. Agali is a mediocre player who needs to justify his striker position before talking like a star.
MY man...U are on point as usual
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Ade Ojeikere has lied too much in the past and not sure about thsi story.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Is Agali even sure of the final 22? :|
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

shaq,

Don't think he will amke the final 22.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Agali will make the final 22. Mark my words. Who are your 5 strikers? JAG, YAK, Utaka, Kanu, & Agali... That's it. Anyone thinking that Agali is showing up in camp to be summarily cut before the final 22 list is released is living in a pipe dream world. It has been written! :mrgreen:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bombastic wrote:Rubbish. Agali is NOT in camp all this while and then asking the NFA and FIFA to intervene between him and his club? In other words, he is asking to be rewarded for indiscipline. That is intolerable behaviour and someone should tell him he cannot eat his cake and have it. Either he shows his face in camp or he stays away completely. Full stop. No ifs and buts about it.

u better leave that festac boy alone, whats ur problem with Agali, did he steal ur money or what, haba do u know what FHA is , dont let awan bhoys here u yarns opaks like dis, cos scoros bobo go skin u for such comments oooooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I guess Agali, the 5th or 6th choice striker is not in camp while his main rival, AghaWonderGoal is already mixing it up with the rest of squad. Hmmm, someone is not enthusiastic about going to Tunisia.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

As usual the prodigal son will come back when he has club problems
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Agali will make CCC's 22, however were we to have a coach that knows his onion Agali will not even be in camp..i.e the 42+ list!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

ugly boy wrote:

MY man...U are on point as usual
Thank you, my broda. We cannot see the truth and then hide our heads in the sand because the truth is unpalatable.

And in response to those who say he has an automatic shirt, this is the problem again! For my money, that Ugochukwu Obiakor deserved a call-up over Agali. The boy was on fire on the continental stage. If we really cared about developing an excellent approach to winning, players like him will get callups before all the jokers who now behave like dictators.
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

In the end,they will have to release their african players...unless they bribe FIFA,that is. :wink: :mrgreen:
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

But since Germany 2006 FIFA WC will be using Schalke 04's grand stadium...
omey2k4 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: