Berbatov Ready To Quit Spurs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Papoose
Egg
Egg
Berbatov Ready To Quit Spurs

Post by Papoose »

Agent: Berbatov ready to quit Tottenham

Dimitar Berbatov wants to leave Tottenham if a suitable offer from a club 'which matches his ambition' comes in during the January transfer window, according to comments attributed to the Bulgarian star's agent.

The striker has rediscovered his stunning form for Spurs in recent weeks and fired four goals in the 6-4 win over Reading on Saturday.

However, his agent Emil Dantchev claims the player is keen to join a team with greater trophy-winning potential than the north Londoners.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has insisted they are not a selling club, but Dantchev is reported to have told The Sun: 'I have already spoken to the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and told him that if a club which corresponds to Dimitar's class and ambition comes in with an offer which suits his current club in January, he would like to be allowed to go.

'I would like to stress this is not about money, this is about sporting ambition, nor has it anything to do with the new manager Juande Ramos. Dimitar is perfectly happy with Ramos and the way he is working but after Tottenham's bad start to the season it is unlikely they will have the chance to do something big this season.'

Manchester United have been linked with Berbatov in the past, but Spurs have always been firm in stating he is not for sale.

Dantchev added: 'Dimitar is OK at Tottenham. I would not say he is happy but his performances for the club are a testament to his commitment to the fans and his team-mates. He has never stopped trying and scoring goals to help the team.

'Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club which can match his ambition.

'It is a long-term plan for Spurs. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now. He would definitely consider a move outside of England, that is not the issue. What matters is a club which matches his ambition and his level, and therefore there are only five or six around Europe. Two clubs outside of England and one from the Premier League are interested in him.'

Levy said yesterday: 'Once again for the record, we are not a selling club, rather we are building for the future. When we have players on long contracts we have no need to entertain offers.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 23&cc=5901
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

Dimitar Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev has told BBC Sport the striker is happy at Tottenham but would be interested in a move to "a big club".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 165540.stm
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

kulu wrote:Dimitar Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev has told BBC Sport the striker is happy at Tottenham but would be interested in a move to "a REAL club".

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kulu wrote:Dimitar Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev has told BBC Sport the striker is happy at Tottenham but would be interested in a move to "a big club".

Ouch! :lol: :lol: :lol:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't know what is the point of the thread, Spuda was never a club, LOL.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The context of the "big club" is a club playing CL footie, not size of the fan base nor financial strenght of the club. Damn, you guys sure need help with comprehension.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

And this from his agent:

"Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition..."

I don't blame him. Spuds with their anti-midas touch. Everything, and anything they touch, turn to ashes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thunder, you will be laught out of the other side of your mouth when Berba bangs in a hat trick at the Emirates in a few weeks.

FYI, here is what Levy has to say:
We are not looking at any major changes. We are all clear that the January window is the worst time to buy quality players so we shall not be doing any business that is not essential.

Once again for the record, we are not a selling club, rather we are building for the future. When we have players on long contracts we have no need to entertain offers.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Papoose
Egg
Egg

Post by Papoose »

Abeg make una take it easy on Spurs, it seems they want to improve their current situation and have started with getting a good coach and have improved, more power to them
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

:lol:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Ouch... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Its a Goal wrote:The context of the "big club" is a club playing CL footie, not size of the fan base nor financial strenght of the club. Damn, you guys sure need help with comprehension.
Yes, we do. :lol:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

theYemster wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:The context of the "big club" is a club playing CL footie, not size of the fan base nor financial strenght of the club. Damn, you guys sure need help with comprehension.
Yes, we do. :lol:
The problem is obviously our comprehension not the fact that Berbatov wants to leave so badly he is willing to have the fact publisized.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...and unfortunately for Rottenham..they're non of the above.... :oops:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I'm beginning to think goon fans are numpties. If every player wants to play for "big clubs" I guess the world should only have one or 2 clubs and they should play each other week in week out. :shock:

Then you wonder why only one or 2 clubs win the cups. No sooner a club is doing well, by all means the club should be destablilised with agent talks of a move. It's no secret that each time a player moves, an agent makes money.

More importantly, none of these clubs came for him when he was in Germany- or he lacked ambition then?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

the only reason there is news of Berba leaving Spus is becos of Emil his agent .. that guy is like a numpty who has just seen money!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 165206.stm

Strikers Dimitar Berbatov, Darren Bent and Jermain Defoe have all been linked with moves away from White Hart Lane.

But Levy hinted none of them would be leaving the Premier League club in the new year.

"Once again for the record, we are not a selling club, rather we are building for the future," he said.

"When we have players on long contracts we have no need to entertain offers."
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Agents are all low life's, if it were up to them there clients would be sold every window as they get a cut of every transfer fee. We've seen the agents of CR7, Cesc, Drogba, Kaka etc all have used the media to link their clients with potential moves to other clubs.

They represent all that is wrong with the game and would link their own Mothers away from their Fathers if it meant they would profit from it.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Tunisian Gooner[/color] wrote: Agents are all low life's, if it were up to them there clients would be sold every window as they get a cut of every transfer fee. We've seen the agents of CR7, Cesc, Drogba, Kaka etc all have used the media to link their clients with potential moves to other clubs.

They represent all that is wrong with the game and would link their own Mothers away from their Fathers if it meant they would profit from it.
Wow, that is brutal :lol: :lol: :lol:.

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

As talented as Berbatov is, Spuds may be better off selling him (for a ridiculous amount) rather than deal with this ish every week.
Use the proceeds to buy Huntleer...but he might prefer a big club too
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

jdizzy wrote:As talented as Berbatov is, Spuds may be better off selling him (for a ridiculous amount) rather than deal with this ish every week.
Use the proceeds to buy Huntleer...but he might prefer a big club too
Durty slap. No letting up for Spuds, they are ready to commit suicide to hang on to a player who wants out.

Brutal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
supereagles all the way
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

Berbatov is willing but his likely suitors may hesitate to give him a ring

David Hytner
Tuesday January 1, 2008
The Guardian

The club will attempt to strengthen - Juande Ramos, their manager, suggested for the first time that he would seek to bolster his fragile defence - but with regard to major player departures, the more vexing question, they intend to keep the door bolted.

Dimitar Berbatov's agent has alerted clubs at home and abroad to his client's desire for a more fulfilling "sporting challenge", going public with the worst kept secret that the striker feels he has outgrown Tottenham.

Berbatov's frustrations have been there for all to see in his body language since August, when he felt he was on the verge of a transfer to Manchester United only to see them move instead for Carlos Tevez. He feels that with his 27th birthday looming at the end of the month the time is upon him when he needs to challenge for honours at a "big club". Emil Dantchev, his agent, confirmed this on Sunday night.

United retain a strong interest in Berbatov and Sir Alex Ferguson will have been encouraged by Dantchev's comments, but he does have more pressing targets elsewhere, at right-back. And even if Chelsea, despite being expected to sign Nicolas Anelka from Bolton Wanderers to reinforce their attacking options, decide to make an inquiry about Berbatov, it would be difficult to see Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, asking for anything other than a record Premier League fee, given the friction between the clubs in the wake of the sporting director Frank Arnesen's defection to west London. Chelsea could afford such a fee but they would be reluctant to pay this month.

Ramos, however, must see how the dressing room reacts to Berbatov's publicising of his desires. The players appreciate the Bulgarian's mercurial talents but may not take kindly to his naked ambition to use them and the club as a stepping stone.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 37,00.html
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
cozzo
Egg
Egg

Post by cozzo »

I dont remember any player who has left spurs to be a better player.