Are Black people unadventurous?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Are Black people unadventurous?

Post by airwolex »

I say it because if you ask a typical Oyinbo he will try all types of activities at least once. They will go white water rafting, Bungee jumping, Mountain climbing etc. I won't even consider any of these activities. My idea of an adventurous time is driving to a previously unvisited city and wandering into a random night-club - even that must be R and B.

Yours truly once had a friend that invited him to go for Safari in Kenya. My take on that is if i want to see animals i will tune into Discovery channel or go to a Zoo where yopu can view them from a safe distance. I will not also tempt faith, supposing i get ripped up by an ill-tempered lion or something? I can see some of my unsympahtetic relatives asking: "No be book dem send am, wetin hin dey find for dia?"
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

We are definitely not as adventerous as oyinbo people. We tend to be very clanish and stick to what we know works as opposed to pushing the envelope. Part of that may be becuase we were so blessed (or cursed) with natural resources around us and did not have a need to venture beyond our space to survive. With the advent of technology and more education, some of that is changing but we still have a very long way to go.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

When man pekin dey worried about how to chop una dey tok about Adventure? :shock:

Nonsense pipul...

Unless money dey for di end of am... wetin I take adventure dey do? Being Black and African is adventurous enuff for moi!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:When man pekin dey worried about how to chop una dey tok about Adventure? :shock:

Nonsense pipul...

Unless money dey for di end of am... wetin I take adventure dey do? Being Black and African is adventurous enuff for moi!
The the infamous word of the Budweiser commercial, TRUE!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Abeg, those wey dey go adventure sef, na money dem dey take enjoy. Na so one white boy wey we been take all Calculus classes together invite me say make I come mountain climb with am. I been dey wonder say na only me be the black persin wey go dey there cos i know the area well, well say na remote white place. I tell am say me dey go play ball. I no trust dem oyinbo at all.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

De one way dey suprise me na sky-diving. Make i jump comot plane with parachute for back??!!! Lailai. Samething with bungee - jumping, sailing solo round the world, climbing mount everest, journeying throught the amazon...Just not my thing.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

How about hot-air balloon? Has anyone tried that yet. It sounds like fun though!
Yeah...me no dey take all that unnecessary risks sha. That sailing solo in those big Ocean is just too scary for any black man to try.
How about that Crocodile hunter in Australia, Steve Irwin. That guy is wacko. I will never near a 15 feet Croc.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Nneka
Egg
Egg

Post by Nneka »

black people are only adventurous when it comes to sex.... very sad indeed.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Even in sex, we are not that adventurous until Oyinbo imposed their nasties on us. I never heard of oral sex when I was back home in the mid 80's. It's when I got here that I knew about it. Moreover, It is women that want you to do all kinds of shiat to them. Na wa for una.
Nneka
Egg
Egg

Post by Nneka »

Mudi E wrote:Even in sex, we are not that adventurous until Oyinbo imposed their nasties on us. I never heard of oral sex when I was back home in the mid 80's. It's when I got here that I knew about it. Moreover, It is women that want you to do all kinds of shiat to them. Na wa for una.
well what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nneka wrote:black people are only adventurous when it comes to sex.... very sad indeed.
Trust Nneka to bring sex into this topic. Now we are awaiting Robbynice.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nneka wrote:black people are only adventurous when it comes to sex.... very sad indeed.
Trust Nneka to bring sex into this topic. Now we are awaiting Robbynice.
Burriful!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Monescafe
Egg
Egg
you want adventure?

Post by Monescafe »

Next time you go to the restroom try to shYt upside down and see if it lands in the water.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Chei...MONESCAFE, where have you been? I don ask about you tire. I even open a thread asking about you and SSAM606.
Great to see you back buddy!
Linda@Ejimofor
Egg
Egg

Post by Linda@Ejimofor »

hahahahhahah, GOOD ONE :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Love goes beyond race and color!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Linda@Ejimofor wrote:
Really?

I thought Black men had strong reservations about 'going down' on a woman...unlike Oyibo. This has been documented in a good number of places.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mudi E wrote:How about hot-air balloon? Has anyone tried that yet. It sounds like fun though!
Yeah...me no dey take all that unnecessary risks sha. That sailing solo in those big Ocean is just too scary for any black man to try.
How about that Crocodile hunter in Australia, Steve Irwin. That guy is wacko. I will never near a 15 feet Croc.
I work with a colleague who flies his own hot air balloon for fun. He's in the next room even as I type. He's going up this bank holiday weekend and has invited me. This has been an open invitation for the last four months or so.
I am yet to summon up the courage. :cry:
Linda@Ejimofor
Egg
Egg

Post by Linda@Ejimofor »

Damunk wrote:
Linda@Ejimofor wrote:
Really?

I thought Black men had strong reservations about 'going down' on a woman...unlike Oyibo. This has been documented in a good number of places.
Who really cares? No one!
Everyone should just do what he or she thinks is nice , wether it`s snow boarding or climbing a mountain.
And in every society there are men who like to go down on women easily. Has nothing to do with color . I also know and heard of many black men who proposed to their GF within 2 WEEKS afther they met.. most of them didn`t have papers ofcourse ... but i will never say that every black man does that while you are saying that EVERY WHITE man goes down on a woman EASILY .. That`s just NONSENSE!
+ it seems like you enoyed those movies otherwise you wouldn`t know so much about white mans behaviour , right? :wink:

Nneka`s post is just funny LOL
Love goes beyond race and color!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Damunk wrote:
Mudi E wrote:How about hot-air balloon? Has anyone tried that yet. It sounds like fun though!
I work with a colleague who flies his own hot air balloon for fun. He's in the next room even as I type. He's going up this bank holiday weekend and has invited me. This has been an open invitation for the last four months or so.
Hot air ballon shouldn't be scary. Infact it should be fun and i can't wait to have the opportunity to experience it. Dem say who no go no go know. i believe this is the sole reason why oyinbo sabi discover more things pass blacky.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

....but i will never say that every black man does that while you are saying that EVERY WHITE man goes down on a woman EASILY .. That`s just NONSENSE! + it seems like you enoyed those movies otherwise you wouldn`t know so much about white mans behaviour , right?
Linda, who said that? Me?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:
Damunk when did you become Dr of Sexology????
I think our sense of adventure is completely different from caucasians. I think a black person growing up in this enviroment usually has the same sense of adventure.

Serving in the deep village of Kubwa in Abuja for my NYSC with mosquitos playing music all night or even living in CIC's village is an adventure in itself. I just believe we have a different sense of adventure but that we don't have is not true.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:
I think our sense of adventure is completely different from caucasians. I think a black person growing up in this enviroment usually has the same sense of adventure.

Serving in the deep village of Kubwa in Abuja for my NYSC with mosquitos playing music all night or even living in CIC's village is an adventure in itself. I just believe we have a different sense of adventure but that we don't have is not true.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Prince wrote:

Ol boy, I lay no claim to that when Oga Ohsee is around. :lol:

But seriously, black man's sense of adventure is also limited by economic factors.
Take skiing for example. There's still only a handful of Black ski clubs, or blacks in ski clubs. But, funny, there's a Nigerian ski club based in London. But E cost sha.

How will I be able to afford to go skiing for two weeks in the Alps with all the economic baggage back home?
And even if I did, na guilty conscience go dey worry me say this money could have been better used by some relative wey never pay im school fees, or wey no get money for hospital treatment.

Thats just as an example of how economics affects our choice of adventure. But things are changing and people are beginning to take the view that you can't forever live your life for other people.

But then, that is sign that we are slowly going the oyibo way...