Obasanjo seeks power of detention

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Talk IT wrote:
Prince wrote:
Bell wrote:OFILIS, I DON'T SEE WHAT'S ANTI-DEMOCRATIC ABOUT IT

It's not like he's already assuming such powers. If the report is true, he has done what is required in a democracy, to wit, seek such powers from the people thru their elected reps in the legislature. That, to me, is consistent with democracy. Now it's up to the legislator to do what's right in their eyes - grant it or deny it.

Obasanjo has been criticized by many but these mayhems have been going on for many years and nobody (the press, legislators, public leaders, etc) has offered a solution yet. All they seem to do is criticize.

While I think Obasanjo's administration has been short of accomplishments and, in some cases, disastrous, I'm not worried about him becoming a dictator. My only anger is that he hasn't set the bar high enough for his successors.
Bell
Bell,
Ignore this people . What is the man expected to do. I feel he should have done this from day one. A little too late by my account.
He should have drawn the battle line a long time ago.
How i wish your village was Odi and your parents lived there when the soldiers started their genocide. You would have had a different view.
What has this got to do with Odi? I agree with Prince. Some people only understand the language of power and intimidation. It's all well and good to chirp and squawk from a computer terminal. What should the man do instead, let's have your SUGGESTIONS!
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

If it did not work before him, it does not mean that it should not work during his term. Go back and check how much they have spent on NEPA. Billions of dollars has been spent. Where is the result of the spending. Kalu complained about the fact that Billions of dollars was supposed to be spent on Federal roads, but there is nothing to show for it. The federal roads are worse than they have ever been. Remember that when he first came in in 1999 he promised that Power failure would be a thing of the past within his first two years in office. Forget about the fact that some things did not work before he got there. What we are saying is that he has spent billions of dollars and has nothing to show for it. If you spend so much and there is nothing to show for it, then that means that the money is being looted. And that is why there needs to be accountability. The former Accountant General of the Federation pointed out the corruption in OBJ's regime and because of his boldness, he was replaced by one of their "yes men." He was chastised for his report and the report was swept under the carpet. Why is Annenih still walking free, when it is an open secret that he stole more money than any other Minister in the history of Nigeria. OBJ may not be stealing directly, but his refusal to bring the theives to book tells me that he is stealing by proxy.
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

ola34 wrote:If it did not work before him, it does not mean that it should not work during his term. Go back and check how much they have spent on NEPA. Billions of dollars has been spent. Where is the result of the spending. Kalu complained about the fact that Billions of dollars was supposed to be spent on Federal roads, but there is nothing to show for it. The federal roads are worse than they have ever been. Remember that when he first came in in 1999 he promised that Power failure would be a thing of the past within his first two years in office. Forget about the fact that some things did not work before he got there. What we are saying is that he has spent billions of dollars and has nothing to show for it. If you spend so much and there is nothing to show for it, then that means that the money is being looted. And that is why there needs to be accountability. The former Accountant General of the Federation pointed out the corruption in OBJ's regime and because of his boldness, he was replaced by one of their "yes men." He was chastised for his report and the report was swept under the carpet. Why is Annenih still walking free, when it is an open secret that he stole more money than any other Minister in the history of Nigeria. OBJ may not be stealing directly, but his refusal to bring the theives to book tells me that he is stealing by proxy.

You can sit in the comfort of your house in the country you live in and write whatever you want to write about Nigeria. When you are in Nigeria, you ask anybody who knows how things work in Nigeria. You will get to know that you can promise the nation something but there are people in Nigeria who dont want the country to work.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Bell wrote:FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIVE IN AMERICA...

...Bush has sought new powers since nine-eleven: does that make him anti-democratic?
Bell

say that again!!! bush? democratic? with guys like you, no wonder president IMBECILE(obj) is playing emperor in Nigeria.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

You can sit in the comfort of your house in the country you live in and write whatever you want to write about Nigeria. When you are in Nigeria, you ask anybody who knows how things work in Nigeria. You will get to know that you can promise the nation something but there are people in Nigeria who dont want the country to work.

akure4life, em, em, SHUT THE F_CKUP!!!
nobody asked you to prove your blood relationship with our 'angel*-in-chief'(obj).
I guess stupidity is hereditary.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957