Mabo may drop Avre and Opara

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg
Mabo may drop Avre and Opara

Post by ikwerreman »

http://nigeriasports.com/355

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Falcons Chief Coach, Ismaila Mabo says he may have to drop US based players, Patience Avre and Eberechi Opara for the way they are taking their call up to the Falcons camp lightly.

Ismaila Mabo told www.nigeriasports.com that Patience Avre called him on Tuesday but did not say specifically when she would be in camp.

“I will give her until sunday to show up, and after then she wouldnt matter anymore whether she comes to camp, because I am prepared to prosecute the match without her.”

He also said he does not know where Eberechi Opara is as there has been no contact with her ever since the team list was made public.

Bright spot

One bright spot for Coach Mabo would no doubt be the arrival of former Africa Footballer of the year, Mercy Akide who is expected in camp on Sunday alongside Maureen Mmadu who is based in Norway.

“I know Mercy should have arrived on Thursday but she called in to say she had to tie up some personal matters and will be in camp on Sunday, and I gave her permission for that. I also expect Maureen who just returned from Norway to be in camp on Sunday.”

“After Maureen and Akide arrive on Sunday I will submit my list to the NFA so they can send those of them who do not meet up with the standard back home. If Avre and Opara are not here by then we would have to improvise.”

Healthy rivalry

Coach Mabo said he was impressed with the standard so far in the team as all players are fighting to get starting shirts.

“I’m enjoying the healthy rivalry. At least this shows that the players know the magnitude of the task at hand. Its just unfortunate that they all cant play the match”

Only two home based players, Omon Ighodaro of FCT Queens and Idonrenyin Okon of Ibom Unity Queens have failed to show up at the camp
mystic

Post by mystic »

I would have thought that Eberechi Opara (who has a lot to prove to retain her status as our pre-eminent defender) would have wasted no time in getting to camp. I hope all goes well for our girls.