I just returned from the NIG-IRE match and....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tim
Egg
Egg

Post by tim »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:Nice write-up but i fault u on Ekwueme, the guy didnt impress me at all today! Did u c those corner kicks he wasted in the 1st half? he lacks skill and simply cant make dazzling runs on the left, yes he's hardworking but in a very serious game i think he would be outmarked.
Since we haven't found a very good left winger now, i recomend we Draft Oga to fill that role 4 d mean time, while he could as well help build up balls from d centre and send those killer passes or dribble his way 2 d 18yrd box 4 d killer pass. Dunno CCC's plan on fielding Oga and Obodo at the same time, but plzzz from todays performance can we finally forget about Wilson Oruma, Obodo has taking his place for all i know.
How could u say that. You haven't seen Oruma played for the SE lately so how could you conclude on him just because Obodo played in the last match. As far as i am concerned Oruma is still very good for the SE going by his club performance last season. Believe it or not we do need him in that team.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Robbynice wrote:Chief Bambostic, thanks for the report. My assumption is your recorded the game. The thing now is how I can get a copy of the game tape. Secondly I pick my boy Utaka as the man on the match based on your analysis of the game.
get your tapes from ezesports.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Sir V wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Chief Bambostic, thanks for the report. My assumption is your recorded the game. The thing now is how I can get a copy of the game tape. Secondly I pick my boy Utaka as the man on the match based on your analysis of the game.
A BIG RISK DEALING WIH EZEC :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Sir V wrote:
Very funny mr man. Btw I fit get a copy of the tape from you? :P
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Robbynice wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Very funny mr man. Btw I fit get a copy of the tape from you? :P
I will let you know when i get hold of the tape,
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
offdahizzy
Egg
Egg
I disagree Concerning George Abbey

Post by offdahizzy »

George Abbey (6/10) did well in our solid defensive unit BUT I don't think he has proved himself as Premiership quality yet. He did the simple things well, but usually just speculatively punted the ball forward when there was no obvious pass. Also, he isn't very strong arially and did give away one or two needless fouls. If he is signed by a Premiership team that would be great, but I think he would be content with playing for a solid division 1 outfit.
I saw the game yesterday and was very impressed with him. George Abbey could quite easily play in the Premiership. What this guy has right now is his ability to learn and develop. His football was NOT kick and hope. A guy in the crowd asked what team he played for and told him Macclesfield Town....his jaw dropped. He played some neat passes including this neat trick were he faints to boot the ball but plays a neat chip with the outside off his boot while looking in the opposite direction. Nice.

If their was anyone in this game that didnt look the part id say it was Lawal. But he got better as the game went on.

Now this was a friendly and so the pressure was off. Ireland tend to up the ante at major competitions. However its clear that teams like Ireland need their best players available when playing a Nigerian side. An organised Nigerian side will be difficult to beat. Hence the reason why they lost. Im NOT surprised at all.

Forget the score cause in reality it could have been 5 - 2 at best if chances were put away. What we must CELEBRATE was the fact that NIGERIAN football was on display. They HUSSLED, DOMINATED and SHOWED SKILL (in all departments). Their football was arrogant yet with justification. In fact they reminded me off Arsenal. However this display was better in areas because off the tight control of the ball that almost all of our players possess. It lacked a little up front and thats understandable.

Whats scary is this. What country has the ability to put together team with little or no experience playing together at short notice yet deliver. What team in this world has an incompetent FA yet their boys can still hold their own. Kai!!

Something has returned which has been missing since 1996 - HUNGER. But the most important off these is ORGANISATION.
John 3:16
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice writeup Bambo and excellent piece. Kudos to the players and i am happy for them despite the usual NFA mess and ineptness leading to this game...
Soldier of Fortune...
niass
Egg
Egg

Post by niass »

Chief Bambostic, thanks for the report. My assumption is your recorded the game. The thing now is how I can get a copy of the game tape. Secondly I pick my boy Utaka as the man on the match based on your analysis of the game.
Quick question rubby,

I thought you pulled out of the unity cup :?:
No future ambition. NFA
Ayo said on OBI:I think Mouriniho needs to just say to him one day: Go out and enjoy yourself son. Do not bother about losing possession. Just express yourself as best as you can.
Kaycee replied:
the reason why Nigerian coaches are crap!! and sadly, you think like them. U wnat mourinho to tell his central midfielder not to bother about losing the ball?? do u know how important Mikel's position is ? do u know that 75% of goals conceeded are as a result of the central midfielders losing possession? please concentrate on writing for the tabloid. you have no future in coaching.