pa samus assessment of nigeria v Ireland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pasamu
Egg
Egg
pa samus assessment of nigeria v Ireland

Post by pasamu »

This was an extremely impressive performance. While not Eires first eleven there were enough of the republics starters to expert a tough game. Holland and Kinsella are experienced pros in the midfield. Upfront Robbie Keane and in defence Finan, cunnigham, Doherty. On top they had the momentum of a victory over Romania on Thursday and a bunch of hopefuls anxious to impress. With the bulk of the crowd wearing the irish green, this was a home game for them and a chance to settle scores from two years ago. They failed. Or rather they were made to fail.
In the middle of the park, olofinjana and obodo provided a potent mix of shield and sword. Olofinjana seemed to accept the responsibility of being the anchor man with obodo happily driving forward with the ball. From the centre of the park. however both showed that each could play the others role as obodos ball winning was commendable and olofinjanas confidence on the ball obvious. When Nigeria had the ball their ability to hold the ball gave other players the opportunity to drift forward, when we were defending they sat back in front of our defence and asked Eire to try and open Nigeria up. Eire could not.
Not that the new pairing of olajenbesi and enakhire could not handle themselves. Enakhire again has shown that he is an excellent centreback. He defends in that most important first place; his head. Despite playing against a centre forward who was physically bigger than him, he sheparded his opponent away from danger time and time again. His partner in the centre seyi taller and facing probably the best opposition so far in his career (Robbie keane) showed an assuring touch and calmness which was very inspiring. No desperate ballon balls out of defence, no wild hacks which demand penalties just calmness considering these two played together for the first time, against a little and large attacking combination very impressive.
Both full backs did well. For Eire to take advantage of the towering physique of their centre forward then a supply of crosses from the wings was a must. They never came. Abbey again impressed. All those who look at his club and not his actual ability do themselves not the player a disservice. Despite carrying an injury which had CCC directing most of his “Hey Hey Hey” at him he saw off the irish threat down the left. Lawal showed why he is such a indispensable player. He made mistakes at left back but did an adequate job.why Eire did not concentrate their attacks down his flank is one of the games bigger mysteries.
I do not know what celt for “hurry up Kenny the short guy is getting away again” but I am sure both Kenny Cunningham and gary Doherty must have been yelling it at each other all game long. What was worse was with bart ogbeche feeding and growing off the supply of ball and confidence martins exuded they had double trouble. Ahh martins the wait was well worth it ah martins if only u had been in tunis come to think of it ah bart if only u had been in tunis. Both played well. Martins is our most complete forward. Aggressive strong skilful good shooting a good header of the ball what a boy. With time and games together he and the bartman can be arsenic for opposition defences. Today they lacked understanding, bart held the ball when martins made the quick break, martins drifted wide into the same area as ogbeche but they still gave the irish defence a good going over. And when u add to the mix john uttaka ghosting past tackles, playing now u see it now u don’t with befuddled irish players and u have a very potent attacking mix. Uttaka is our most versatile forward and is the new key cog in my opinion to nigerias attacking prowess. We still have issues to be addressed on the left. Ekweume cannot emulate the previous wing wizards he has neither speed or scary skills. If we want another decent midfielder he can fufil that part but not much more.
Not perfect. Too much showboating from obodo and uttaka lets his defensive duties go unattended. But a good very good performance. The football world will hear this result and sit up. The big boys should hear this result and sit up up. Kanu should wonder if his number is up. Okocha must realise that life after jj maybe sooner rather than later. Hey even rotimi Sunday a local keeper showed competence and good awareness and positioning with the little he had to do.
Are we becoming like brazil ie so rich in depth any 11 wearing the brazil shirts are not to be messed with. One game is too early to tell but the portents are good.
We played a basic 4-4-2
my times are in HIS hands
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Beautiful essay Pasamu....
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Sir Pasamu, pls give kudos to CCC for building that dept for you
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Pasamu:
Thank you sir. I was not home as I had an errand to run. So your analysis is like manna from heaven.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Pasamu, that's an impressive piece of writing from you. Thanks for sharing. I agree with your analysis. I've suggested before that Enahakire (sp) and Yobo combine in the central defence until Okoronkwo gets his form back0.

And I absolutely agree with you on Kanu and Jay Jay too.

All in all, what this match demonstrates is that we're getting somewhere.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Cyber Saint wrote:Pasamu, that's an impressive piece of writing from you. Thanks for sharing. I agree with your analysis. I've suggested before that Enahakire (sp) and Yobo combine in the central defence until Okoronkwo gets his form back0.

And I absolutely agree with you on Kanu and Jay Jay too.

All in all, what this match demonstrates is that we're getting somewhere.
And with CCC at the helm. :)
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

ol boy i would hail obodo, cos when i was watching the match, an Irish woman asked me "come who is that No. 8" i started laughing. she said he was killing them that he just wanted to show off with them. On my way out too, some other guy asked me about the same thing and also about utaka. He said "and you guys are missing some of the first team players like JJ and Kanu and yakubu, and i laughed and said consolation, you guys missed roy keane, that shows how well the boys played, not to talk of martins and the others.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Cyber Saint wrote:
Pasamu, that's an impressive piece of writing from you. Thanks for sharing. I agree with your analysis. I've suggested before that Enahakire (sp) and Yobo combine in the central defence until Okoronkwo gets his form back0.

For us to regain our 1994 glory, we should not hold any position for any particular player. A player loses his position if out of form and can only regain it when and if the incumbent dissapoints or is injured.

NO MORE SACRED COWS PLEASE.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
west33637
Egg
Egg

Post by west33637 »

i respect the opinions on this post, but i believe okoronkwo is too slow to play in our defense. i noticed that in the u21 world cup in naija and ive never failed to notice it since then
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

west33637 wrote:i respect the opinions on this post, but i believe okoronkwo is too slow to play in our defense. i noticed that in the u21 world cup in naija and ive never failed to notice it since then
Ole boy, you don't know what you're talking about. Okoronkwo is the fastest CD weve had in donkey yrs. All of una JJC wey just begin they watch ball last year , listening to Ayoakinfe. Abeg. Let me make it simple, he is faster than Yobo, West, and whoever you can think off still playing.
You guys watch the ANC and forget that he's just getting over a 3 month recurent injury , hadn't played active footie in almost a year before the competition. When he started playing for Wolves in put is some performances that left the rest of EPL wondering why he wasn't playing earlier. Don't make me look for match reports. :evil:
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I agree with Ezesportsworld and Robbynice.Chukwu deserves credit for the successful result.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Nice write-up and Kudos to the boys and CCC.
To stop trying is to start dying
PC
Egg
Egg

Post by PC »

west33637 wrote:i respect the opinions on this post, but i believe okoronkwo is too slow to play in our defense. i noticed that in the u21 world cup in naija and ive never failed to notice it since then
Under-21 World Cup in Nigeria? This cannot be so.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

HAWKEYE wrote:Cyber Saint wrote:

For us to regain our 1994 glory, we should not hold any position for any particular player. A player loses his position if out of form and can only regain it when and if the incumbent dissapoints or is injured.

NO MORE SACRED COWS PLEASE.
Exactly!
I agree with you. Dats why I maintained that Isaac wouldn't start until he got back into form, which I believe would happen with more first team action in his club.
west33637
Egg
Egg
lagos777

Post by west33637 »

lagos777 wrote:
Ole boy, you don't know what you're talking about. Okoronkwo is the fastest CD weve had in donkey yrs. All of una JJC wey just begin they watch ball last year , listening to Ayoakinfe. Abeg. Let me make it simple, he is faster than Yobo, West, and whoever you can think off still playing.
You guys watch the ANC and forget that he's just getting over a 3 month recurent injury , hadn't played active footie in almost a year before the competition. When he started playing for Wolves in put is some performances that left the rest of EPL wondering why he wasn't playing earlier. Don't make me look for match reports. :evil:

ive been watching ball keenly for a very long time. way b4 everybody became a technical director in 1990 and so forth. everybody has their own opinion. if you have a contrary opinion, give it, let us hear. you dont have to attack my person, afterall you dont know me. and by the way okoronkwo can never test yobo for speed.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

West,
Okoronkwo got d pace more than Yobo, but Yobo is more talented in doing d Job. Their partnership is gonna be d best in recent times as far as they are both fully physicaly fit, Enhakire and Ola Combo is just the perfect substitute.
As opposing what others say, i think we finally have a team, althought tht left midfield wahala is still there, but i guees we could manage till God ansers our prayers in that aspect.
Kudos to the players and CCC in particular.
Peter Obi For President 2023
west33637
Egg
Egg

Post by west33637 »

okoronkwo actually did not play in u21 in nigeria. i was mixing him up with someone else. my apologies. been starved of my eagles in the last few years. this yankee go kill me oh! anybody get tape of the ireland game? im willing to pay. thx
Gboye77
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye77 »

west33637 wrote:okoronkwo actually did not play in u21 in nigeria. i was mixing him up with someone else. my apologies. been starved of my eagles in the last few years. this yankee go kill me oh! anybody get tape of the ireland game? im willing to pay. thx
My broda, I am in the same dilemma. I don't get to watch soccer here in Yankee and I only get to hear news of matches courtesy of the excellent CE's on this forum. If anyone has a tape of that game I would be willing to pay also.