Just got back from Mama Calabar with the boys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

What coaching staff? Do we have one?

Robbynice wrote:
MI5 wrote:Nice one and well done. Kudos to the players...
...and the coaching crew.

Ayo when we go begin see pictures now?
Soldier of Fortune...
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

GUEST wrote:Well Ayoakinfe-Read what you said here about your NEW BUDDY-PAGE-1-2-3.
viewtopic.php?t=10624&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Ayo, Guest don fisish u here o!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

If there are no more cancellations, Chukwu is likely to pick his strikeforce from Utaka, Martins and Osaze. Now please tell me what justification there is for calling up Akwuegbu with such players around?

Even if the likes of Samuel Okoronkwo, Chukwudi Nworgu and Ayo Makinwa are not yet ready, at least the experience will do them good at some stage in the future. Nothing personal against Akwuegbu but the principle of inviting a 30 year old in the twilight of his career who is at least a peripheral squad member at the expense of younger players who might blossom in the future is sheer insanity!

These are Ayo's comments about his 'freind' Benny. Kai..with freinds like these...
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It's nice seeing our players hanging out with our forum members. Ayo, is it possible to give us a blow by blow piece of subject matters discussed?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ayo,Waffiman,LARRY,Heavy D,et al,thank you for representing!Cybereagles forever! :lol:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

deanotito wrote:How im no go be ya friend??? Hope ya nose is brown enough now????

Dont worry...people wouldnt know the difference....afterall, you black... and sh1t is brown...not too much difference.

You #$% kisser!!!
My friend, chill, you are taking it too seriously.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: Just got back from Mama Calabar with the boys

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Hey guys, I have just got in. Waffi, Sir V, Larry and myself took the boys to Mama Calabar to show our appreciation for how well they played. The event was well attended.

Players who came included:

Rotimi Sunday
Joe Enakharhire
Seyi Olajengbesi
Seyi Olofinjana
Chris Obodo
John Utaka
Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Obafemi Martins
Benedict Akwuegbu

We had a real great time guys. Our players really respect Cybereagles as they know we care about them. More of them will be logging on to the site in future, so abeg, make una chill with the bashing.

NB: You are free to have a go at those slow, sluggish and old clubless players who just manage to play 10 games a season but still think they are in a position to do nyanga.

What I saw today was young hungry players willing to make a name for themselves. Despite almost no technical input from the bench, they delivered the goods.

They said they want more Mama Calabar in future o!
Good write-up, but why dont you just give some credit where it is due. At least we all know there was no Van Gall, Bonfere, Westerhoff or Okocha to tell the chairman what to do, so please acknowledge that he was in charge and it was HIS team that inflicted on Ireland their heaviest defeat in a friendly for 9 years, when they were beaten by the same margin by Portugal.
To stop trying is to start dying
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Its a Goal wrote:It's nice seeing our players hanging out with our forum members. Ayo, is it possible to give us a blow by blow piece of subject matters discussed?
You wan hia as the boys enjoy dem pounded yam, how dem talk say pepper too much for the food or how di dodo take dey well fried?

One thing I did enjoy, however, was Akwuegbu's technical know-how of the game. He started telling us the bits he picked up ffrom his German coach.

The technical detail was mind blowing. How to take throw ins, how to win free kicks, how to make good use of the centre circle, how to close down oponents etc.

Man, we have a long way to go in Nigeria if we are to catch up technically.
confuscius
Egg
Egg

Post by confuscius »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It's nice seeing our players hanging out with our forum members. Ayo, is it possible to give us a blow by blow piece of subject matters discussed?
You wan hia as the boys enjoy dem pounded yam, how dem talk say pepper too much for the food or how di dodo take dey well fried?

One thing I did enjoy, however, was Akwuegbu's technical know-how of the game. He started telling us the bits he picked up ffrom his German coach.

The technical detail was mind blowing. How to take throw ins, how to win free kicks, how to make good use of the centre circle, how to close down oponents etc.

Man, we have a long way to go in Nigeria if we are to catch up technically.
Isn't it a Nigerian that just told you these things......why do you think a Nigerian can't implement it? Surely, not due to an inherent inability to learn?
It is my fantasy to fata si, je n'bu obe si, je n'wobe
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

nanijoe wrote:If there are no more cancellations, Chukwu is likely to pick his strikeforce from Utaka, Martins and Osaze. Now please tell me what justification there is for calling up Akwuegbu with such players around?

Even if the likes of Samuel Okoronkwo, Chukwudi Nworgu and Ayo Makinwa are not yet ready, at least the experience will do them good at some stage in the future. Nothing personal against Akwuegbu but the principle of inviting a 30 year old in the twilight of his career who is at least a peripheral squad member at the expense of younger players who might blossom in the future is sheer insanity! .......

These are Ayo's comments about his 'freind' Benny. Kai..with freinds like these...
I was just thinking the same thing. Akwegbu has done well with the SE, but it is time to invest in the younger players.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Hey guys, I have just got in. Waffi, Sir V, Larry and myself took the boys to Mama Calabar to show our appreciation for how well they played. The event was well attended.

Rotimi Sunday
Joe Enakharhire
Seyi Olajengbesi
Seyi Olofinjana
Chris Obodo
John Utaka
Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Obafemi Martins
Benedict Akwuegbu

We had a real great time guys. Our players really respect Cybereagles as they know we care about them. More of them will be logging on to the site in future, so abeg, make una chill with the bashing.

NB: You are free to have a go at those slow, sluggish and old clubless players who just manage to play 10 games a season but still think they are in a position to do nyanga.

What I saw today was young hungry players willing to make a name for themselves. Despite almost no technical input from the bench, they delivered the goods.

Who took care of the bill?
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Fegwu wrote:

Rotimi Sunday
Joe Enakharhire
Seyi Olajengbesi
Seyi Olofinjana
Chris Obodo
John Utaka
Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Obafemi Martins
Benedict Akwuegbu

Who took care of the bill?
:D :D :D :D OYO
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

I hope say Ayo no shake martins hand o! Katakata don burst be dat
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"