Etafia arrives: Martins, Obodo and Olofinjana to leave

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Etafia arrives: Martins, Obodo and Olofinjana to leave

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Just giving you the latest update on the team.

Greg Etafia has just arrived
Seyi Olofinjana has to leave for a league game
Chris Obodo has to leave for a relegation play-off
Obafemi Martins has to leave for Inter Milan's cimpulsory team blood test

More to come later this evening.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Its all good on Martins. nice to see Martins on board finally. I never beleived he was angling to play for Italy. Still it would have been nicer to see him at the last ANC.

And CCC seems to have seen the light by playing 2 bonafide DM's. this was a major lacking at the last ANC. and this is a major shift as it means he can no longer play JJ & Kanu together.

This gives CCC a little more space to now focus on completing his vision with some bonafide wingers. with the full package of DM's & wing-play, the eagus are top contenders again.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Who will partner Ogbeche tomorrow? Enoch Showunmi? Best of luck to whoever fills the void. This time I will be there in person to cheer them on.
To stop trying is to start dying
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

BTW, why should Seyi have to go back for a league game when Nigeria is now within the mandatory 5 day rule. Are we beginning to see the backlash from the tolerance the NFA granted Kanu and JJ.
To stop trying is to start dying
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

And CCC seems to have seen the light by playing 2 bonafide DM's. this was a major lacking at the last ANC. and this is a major shift as it means he can no longer play JJ & Kanu together.
The only reason CCC played Obodo and Olofinjana combo is because Okocha pulled out. We could have also seen martins and kanu upfront if Kanu had not pulled out too. Long before the nations cup many fans saw the importance of playing Obodo and Olofinjana together but because CCC is not man enough to either change formation or shift Okocha to the left midfield, he sent Obodo packing. Thats the biggest problem i still have with CCC as a coach. He is a yes sir man. Sport minister and Ogunjobi will force their players on him and he is not man enough to say no. He does not have the guts to tell kanu to sit on the bench.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Talk IT wrote:The only reason CCC played Obodo and Olofinjana combo is because Okocha pulled out. We could have also seen martins and kanu upfront if Kanu had not pulled out too. Long before the nations cup many fans saw the importance of playing Obodo and Olofinjana together but because CCC is not man enough to either change formation or shift Okocha to the left midfield, he sent Obodo packing. Thats the biggest problem i still have with CCC as a coach. He is a yes sir man. Sport minister and Ogunjobi will force their players on him and he is not man enough to say no. He does not have the guts to tell kanu to sit on the bench.
if CCC insists on playing JJ & Kanu together, meanwhile denying Obodo, Olofin & others the chance to gell for the future, thats on him.

Too many people can see the problem & its up to CCC to decide.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) Kanu has no business in the team, be it on the bench or on the team bus

(2) I have long argued that you cannot play JJ and just one other central midfielder. I believe this has been proven beyond reasonable doubt

(3) Let us see what line-up Chukwu brings in for the Rwanda game. That will tell us if he has learnt anything from this match or not.

(4) With Akwuegbu injured, I would assume that the choice upfront is between Baita and Showunmi

(5) I suspect, however, that JJ and Kanu may show up before the Jamaica game

(6) Personally, I would like to see Baita play, as he is very slick and skillful but just lacks the physical strength to play as a targetman

(7) There is still the option of playing Utaka as a striker if another midfielder can be found

(8) I would love it if the medical crew give Oruma the all clear, so we can see him too

(9) Shownoja, the NFA and Brann reached this agreement long ago. We have to respect agreements we enter into with clubs.

(10) I will let you guys know if there are any new arrivals when I visit camp today
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

omotori wrote:Its all good on Martins. nice to see Martins on board finally. I never beleived he was angling to play for Italy. Still it would have been nicer to see him at the last ANC.

This gives CCC a little more space to now focus on completing his vision with some bonafide wingers. with the full package of DM's & wing-play, the eagus are top contenders again.
Pally, don't be fooled, the only reason he played them both is because he had no other choice. You think he would've played them both had Okocha and Kanu been available?

Ditto at the ANC when he produced a better team only when players were tossed and he had little options available. He seems confused whenever he has an abundance of options.

It's not like Ogbeche even was in his initial list...remember his first choice was an over-the-hill Benny Akwuegbu and had he not been injured, Bart probably wouldn't have played.

Let's see what he does if/when the big boys arrive for the Rwanda game.

Good win though.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

CCC is not even a gambler, he performed whenever he has not option of playing all his super star at once. New coach coming soon though...
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

------------------------------------ Rotimi ----------------------------------

Abbey ---------- Enakahire ------------- Olajengbesi --------- Lawal

Oruma ?--------- Obiefule ------------ Adamu ------------- Ekwueme

----------------------- Utaka ------------- Ogbeche ----------------------
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

The Observer wrote:------------------------------------ Rotimi ----------------------------------

Adamu is a naturally stopper.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

What happened to Uche kalu, Dosunmu and James Obiorah?
Seyi Olofinjana has to leave for a league game
Chris Obodo has to leave for a relegation play-off
Obafemi Martins has to leave for Inter Milan's cimpulsory team blood test
Are these guys going to be available for the Rwanda game?
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

ivanuche wrote:
The Observer wrote:------------------------------------ Rotimi ----------------------------------

Adamu is a naturally stopper.
Adamu was also played as a DM for St Pauli.
Kojak
Egg
Egg

Post by Kojak »

Baita is playing in Romaina?
..just because her (in Romaina) is playing a nigerian player named Baita at Rapid Bucuresti.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

They should just get their acts together for the Rwanda game. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: