y Babayaro dey hate chei!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tonyashiofu
Egg
Egg
y Babayaro dey hate chei!!!!!!

Post by tonyashiofu »

:D Hello Guys I wonder if anyone ever read this article before, when I did I was very sad and dissapointed. Even If he was saying the truth he should be a bit reserved with his speech for real.

Baba: Don't Join Blues Jay-Jay
Bolton Wanderers, Friday December 12 2003

Celestine Babayaro believes compatriot Jay-Jay Okocha would waste his time if he were to join Chelsea.

The Bolton midfielder's sparkling displays in recent months has resulted in constant speculation regarding his future, with reports suggesting he could join his fellow Nigerian at Stamford Bridge.

But Babayaro, while acknowledging Okocha's amazing array of skills and tricks, says those talents would be lost at the Blues as they already have enough great players.

"Jay-Jay has great skills and the ability to pass the ball, but you need more than that these days, such as pace and strength," he was quoted in the Evening Standard.

"He's Bolton's one star but we have a team of stars and that's the big difference. If you asked the manager at the moment if he wanted a player like Jay-Jay he'd probably say there are too many players here already.

"Jay-Jay's pulling off all the tricks for Bolton as they're a small team, but if he came to Chelsea he'd be the man. If you're an average player in a good team you look the business - the other players will make you look really good.

"His skills would improve by playing alongside those great players. But we've got enough already."

Chelsea will look to build on their lead at the top of the Premiership table when they face the Trotters at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
Jesus is the Lord of my life!!The Lord has done great things for me and I will forever praise him!!!!
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Abeg; quote the source when posting articles.

http://itv.football365.com/Teams/Bolton ... 3363.shtml

Though this article was posted and discussed on the old forum.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Wetin!

Post by Mr Shows »

This is a simple case of sensational journalism.

With the squad Chelsea have, nobody is guaranteed a permanent spot.

Keeping what Baba said in the context intended, you will realise that Baba has nothing but love for JJ.

Cheers
bayo
Egg
Egg

Post by bayo »

Babayaro is not hating. Rather, he's saying the truth as it is. Inasmuch as I'm a J.J fan, I will not let that prevent me from facing reality.

If JJ goes to Chelsea, he'll get a degree in bench warming as they have many skillful players who achieve the same end result that JJ is providing to Bolton. In addition, Chelsea play as a unit, the team does not revolve around any one player but rather they have players that can fit into the scheme of things the way the manager wants it. I am no Chelsea fan, but they truly play as a unit.

Chelsea don't have a star player, they have star players - Veron, Mutu, Crespo, Terry, Geremi etc
Veni, Vidi, Vici
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

which of the star players stood out when Bolton beat them
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Which creative midfielder is better than JJ in Chelsea. Is it Veron? I think not Joe Cole - Go and sleep.

Oga will never be outclassed in his role @ chelsea, and who made baba Oga's guidance counsellor. He should try to win his own position at chelsea.

Oga can take care of himself
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

I agree with Ijapa.Baba should remove the log in his eyes before attempting to remove the speck in jayjay's.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I cant believe Baba would say such things
For sure playing with average players ur star will shine brighter but i wouldnt swap Jay Jay for anybody in the whole chelsea squad
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

antony, u still never close ur mouth eh, and stop writing lies about babyaro, u dis bloody yansh sucker :evil:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

This one na Benchwarmer's sour grapes .... Next thing Kanu and Finidi go begin yarn as well
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

hehehehehe bigpokey24!! hehehehe you dey vex??? :mrgreen: i think jayjay should go to another team but not chelsea... a team that need can use his talent.. long are the days jayjay has to warm bench!! :roll:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

long gone that is! :mrgreen: jayjay need to find a club that has players that wont waste his skills and trikery! dont like houllier..but what of liverpool, middlesboro,southhampton..newcastle???
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Baba is probably still bitter for...? JJ however will start at Chelsea period.
...but with God all things are possible...
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Baba na zombie. Make im look im sef well well. When was the last time he had a game for Chelsea. Bridge has really proved me wrong and has swept baba aside in the rankings at Chelsea.

Baba now knows he needs Nigeria more than we need him, and if I were him, I will shut my trap as JJ is the capo.
To stop trying is to start dying