What are the possible inclinations of Rivaldo and Okocha...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thought
Egg
Egg
What are the possible inclinations of Rivaldo and Okocha...

Post by Thought »

...linking up at the Reebok?

==========================================================
Rivaldo Set To Join Bolton After All

Rivaldo: rejected Celtic's offer (AFP)
05/30/2004. The English representative of the Brazilian star Rivaldo has claimed that his client is only a matter of days away from signing for Bolton Wanderers.

The Premiership club had extensive talks with Rivaldo and his agent shortly before the end of the 2003-04 season, but the former world and European footballer of the year returned to Brazil without committing himself to the Reebok.

In the meantime, Scottish giants Celtic expressed an interest in signing him to fill the void left by Henrik Larsson's departure. And the player appeared to favour a move to Glasgow because the Bhoys will be playing Champions League football next season.

Indeed, Celtic had hoped the World Cup winner would join them on their summer tour of the United States. However, it seems that Rivaldo has rejected the Scottish champions' offer.

"I don't think Rivaldo would go on trial with anybody because he is too big a player," said Peter Harrison, the player's representative in England.

"He has had an offer in writing from Bolton Wanderers and he looks as if he is going to sign for them."

Rivaldo is a free agent after playing only 11 games for Brazilian club Cruzeiro following his release by AC Milan in November.

"I believe he will become a Bolton Wanderers player in days rather than weeks because he has accepted their deal and it's now just a matter of getting him to sign it," Harrison added.

"I know Celtic invited Rivaldo to their final game of the season but he has already put it down in writing that he will sign for Bolton and refuse to go to Celtic.

"He has indicated that Bolton are his preferred choice and I don't see him going anywhere else.

"I know anything can happen in football but I can honestly tell you that we have an offer agreed and terms are sorted so it's just a case of putting pen to paper."

Graham Lister
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!