GALADIMA'S FA VS LULU'S FA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
GALADIMA'S FA VS LULU'S FA

Post by anointed »

Do we need a penalty or some tie breaker to separate them?

Yeye people.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

At least under Gala, we had golden bronze :twisted:

Gala goofed big time with the WC ouster especially for not knowing the rules but his near autonomy from Amos Adamu would have gone well for us. But then Adamu, the mobster, knew what was up so he schemed to have his man, his stooge, as he referred to Lulu to be in place.

I still dont like the role FIFA played in that impasse. If FIFA had been consistent with the principle of no governemnt interference, Galadima may still be in control and getting support from the rule of law man, Yaradua.

Time has proven that the Lulu vanguard hasnt done any better especially with the hiring of Vogts. Apart from picking an over the hill coach, the lopsided contract alone (that makes it almost impossible to sack Vogts) makes Gala's goof a child's play. Ddnt know there are lawyers. Maybe like peple have advocated, the hiring of BV, the man who led to our worst ANC in 25 years should be put under a fine toothcomb.

Lulu hasnt achieved what Gala did in winning ANC bronze (kai na bronze we dey take do standard :cry: ) but can Lulu get us the WC ticket that Gala messed up in?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Galadima, like Yar'Adua is doing for our democracy, was trying to lay the foundation for a greater NFA. But SIMPLY because he refused to be part of "business as usual crowd" he was kicked out. Today our football is the worst for it.
Lulu we all know why he was made the NFA chairman. SImply to satisfy the wishes of the powers that be. That he is doing to the detriment of our football.
History they say will judge both of them.
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

azuka wrote:Galadima, like Yar'Adua is doing for our democracy, was trying to lay the foundation for a greater NFA. But SIMPLY because he refused to be part of "business as usual crowd" he was kicked out. Today our football is the worst for it.
Lulu we all know why he was made the NFA chairman. SImply to satisfy the wishes of the powers that be. That he is doing to the detriment of our football.
History they say will judge both of them.
KPOM!!!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GALADIMA'S FA VS LULU'S FA

Post by Catalyst »

anointed wrote:Do we need a penalty or some tie breaker to separate them?

Yeye people.
:lol: :lol:

You know what - I do not know much about these people's NFA. I simply blocked them out - it is had for me to see beyond the heap of refuse in front of their house.

That said, advantage Galadinma. He gave us Bronze for far less money. During his tenure, our SE played so lovely ball. All of this without much organization and friendlies.

So what if Galadima tenure had more organization? What if we had more friendlies? What if he and his people did not take us to Kano for the Angola match?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

What if he and his people did not take us to Kano for the Angola match?
Catalyst,
You can do better than be saddled with all these weather beaten excuses. Yes the match was played in Kano so what? When we played Angola in Benin did we beat them? For your information the that match ended 2 all. That's how all fair-weather excuses were deduced to get Eguavoen and his team out after Egypt 2006 simply for losing to CIV. Guess what the so called tactician who we were made to understand does not need to coach us in Ghana for us to win the Cup can only beat Benin. Even at that his team laboured. One can only wondered today what would have been if Egu and Co has not been wasted after Egypt 2006.
On Galadima's board, for once we had people who genuinely love the game and were there for the benefit of the game. But no, we wanted those who will be there for their own benefits. The results are staring us straight in the face today. And i guess like we are made to understand everyday, the latest to tell us was the former IG of Police, Nigerians get what we deserve. I guess we deserve Lulu and his cohorts just like we deserve BV.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Azuka, you have a point. I trust that you must have given this great thought, and you have been right on Galadima all along.

But note that a former SE (our own Oloye) has echoed weather issue as well. He spoke from experience. In my case, I am speaking from a similar experience. I have seen (not once or twice) first hand how weather can equalize a game before a ball is kicked.

Anyway, how long more does Lulu's folks have before next NFA election? Can they be bundled out early?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Azuka, you have a point. I trust that you must have given this great thought, and you have been right on Galadima all along.

But note that a former SE (our own Oloye) has echoed weather issue as well. He spoke from experience. In my case, I am speaking from a similar experience. I have seen (not once or twice) first hand how weather can equalize a game before a ball is kicked.

Anyway, how long more does Lulu's folks have before next NFA election? Can they be bundled out early?
Catalyst, you are right about the weather. Its all about the Fifth Columnist. Yes, just like elder-statemen were being harrassed during Buhari's regime apparently to prepare ground for his eventual overthrow, so also Galadima and his board was sabotaged. I hope you read the revelation that somebody, Amun who was supposed to request for a change for the kano match did not do it. Apparently he was playing out the script written for him by Adamu and co. Fanny Amun was later to apologize to Galadima. And just after the SE went out, he came out saying Amos Adamu is problem of our sports. You get my drift.
Dont get me wrong, Galadima is not perfect, but i believe today our football would have been better for it, if he and his team had remained in the post. Today our football is threading the same path our Athletic Federation threaded which it is yet to recover from.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

None of them was good. They both spelled mediocrity with capital M. These are guys who like to be in power and don't know what the job entails....
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Both FA are bad, but Lulu FA is better.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:Both FA are bad, but Lulu FA is better.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
somebody shoot them :evil: agbepkos
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote:

Players are getting paid, players getting on here time, we dey play more int friendlies, negative, Obaseki vs NFA and hiring of Berti Vogts

Galadima also hired Bora and etc. So both are bad but we are playing more freindlies under Lulu which gives him a slight edge.

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Players are getting paid, players getting on here time, we dey play more int friendlies, negative, Obaseki vs NFA and hiring of Berti Vogts

Galadima also hired Bora and etc. So both are bad but we are playing more freindlies under Lulu which gives him a slight edge.
Bora was hired in 1998 and Galadima became NFA Chairman in 2002
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Ok my bad, Galadima hired CCC that cost us the world cup ticket, and then hired Eguavon , and then the trousier fiasco, also claimed the NFA was broke, didn't play much in terms of friendlies. So there you go.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Ok my bad, Galadima hired CCC that cost us the world cup ticket, and then hired Eguavon , and then the trousier fiasco, also claimed the NFA was broke, didn't play much in terms of friendlies. So there you go. Please stop blaming CCC for our lost of world cup ticket. You know and I know it he was deliberately sabotaged to make him look bad . Since his departure what have we achieved. Inspite of all the impediments that were deliberately thrown on his way he was still able to accomplished a lot with the little resources at his disposal. There is no question about it a lot people wanted him to fail and at a long run they achieved their goal. Take for instance he won bronze medal in 2004 ANC tournament inspite of problem at the begining of the tournament. Remember Nigeria was knocked out in that tournament by the host country by penalty kicks which could have gone either way. It was in this same tournament our nemesis Cameroon was beaten by CCC team. I strongly believe if CCC was give all the coperation he needed from the NFA he could have done a lot of positive things for Nigeria soccer.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Bajan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bajan »

The same of the same
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Comparing Galadima FA to Lulu's FA, homies please let us not even waste cyber space going over this nonsense. Lulu's FA had done everything Galadima's FA could only dream about. So we won Bronze under Galadima big deal for those who celebrate moral victory, it is this same useless bronze that closed our eyes to the decay that had set in and had brought our football to its knees.

Galadima's FA was clueless as they come, Lulu's FA have got certain things right, they may not have been perfect about it, but they have shown initiative.

For 4 years Galadima's FA talked about hiring an FC, never got to doing anything.

Give Lulu his break, they have got certain things wrong, but all can see certain structures in place. For the first time in how many years, we are talking about a forthcoming friendly match, we are actually talking like a proper football country. For the first time we went to a competition fans could bring themselves to call for the heads of those in the NFA, rather they are blaming the players and a certain Berti Vogts.

If you ask me which is better , Lulu 's FA is just marginally better, better in the sense that at least they are doing what they say would do. Unlike a Galadima who had no clue what to do without waiting for the goverment.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

oloye wrote:Comparing Galadima FA to Lulu's FA, homies please let us not even waste cyber space going over this nonsense. Lulu's FA had done everything Galadima's FA could only dream about. So we won Bronze under Galadima big deal for those who celebrate moral victory, it is this same useless bronze that closed our eyes to the decay that had set in and had brought our football to its knees.

Galadima's FA was clueless as they come, Lulu's FA have got certain things right, they may not have been perfect about it, but they have shown initiative.

For 4 years Galadima's FA talked about hiring an FC, never got to doing anything.

Give Lulu his break, they have got certain things wrong, but all can see certain structures in place. For the first time in how many years, we are talking about a forthcoming friendly match, we are actually talking like a proper football country. For the first time we went to a competition fans could bring themselves to call for the heads of those in the NFA, rather they are blaming the players and a certain Berti Vogts.

If you ask me which is better , Lulu 's FA is just marginally better, better in the sense that at least they are doing what they say would do. Unlike a Galadima who had no clue what to do without waiting for the goverment.
oloye, I'm not holding brief for Galadima, but the fact is that period should actually be termed Ogunjobi's FA as he was the CEO / Sec Gen under Decree 101 while Galadima was purely a figurehead Chairman. Galadima's FA was in charge of the Kano debacle and was barely in office long enough before being kicked out ignominiously..
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

As far as I'm concerned, the bottomline to measure performance is results.

These two have not earned anything to be worthy of this thread celebrating their comparison.

They are both morons!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oloye wrote:Comparing Galadima FA to Lulu's FA, homies please let us not even waste cyber space going over this nonsense. Lulu's FA had done everything Galadima's FA could only dream about. So we won Bronze under Galadima big deal for those who celebrate moral victory, it is this same useless bronze that closed our eyes to the decay that had set in and had brought our football to its knees.

My brother, I was going to note the same thing...

Mr Galadimwit duly earned his monicker...
Not just because he did not grasp basic WCQ rules...
But even with FIFA's backing, he remained un-automonus...
To equate Galadima's 'autonomy' proclamations to the real thing...
Is akin to equating the Democratic Rep of North Korea to a democracy!

<