Kanu's Form Excites Eagles Coache CCC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Kanu's Form Excites Eagles Coache CCC

Post by Jmal »

Kanu's Form Excites Eagles Coache
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.M. News (Lagos)

January 9, 2004
Posted to the web January 9, 2004

Farotimi Oluwole
Lagos

Just as the countdown to the 2004 African Cup of Nations in Tunisia begins, Kanu Nwankwo, one of the players expected to star for the Super Eagles at the championship, is in top form to the delight of his coaches in the national team.

The former African footballer of the year in 1996 and 1999 was in a superb form for Arsenal Wednesday night, scoring the only goal for Arsenal in a match that ended 1-1.

Kanu had equally demonstrated his readiness for the Nations Cup in Tunisia, in a match against Leeds United of England by contributing to the victory recorded by Arsenal when the team mauled Leeds 4-1.

The leggy forward's superb form is coming at a time the Super Eagles Coach, Christian Chukwu, has just called the bluff of Obafemi Martins for playing hard to get.

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger, the coach of Arsenal, has said the club would not release Kanu before 18 January.

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) had earlier reached an agreement with Premiership managers of Nigerian players to release them on 11 January.

Relevant Links

East Africa
West Africa
Soccer
Kenya
Nigeria

This latest development by Arsene Wenger would cause problems for Chukwu, as the Super Eagles coach would have named his 22 players before Arsenal releases Kanu.

Arsene Wenger was recently quoted as saying that Arsenal wanted Kanu to play as long as possible, because of the injuries sustained by Silvain Wiltord and Dennis Bergkamp.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Why is it now that Wenger wants to play KANU. Is it now that he is realising the guy's talents ? I beg KANU should go to FARO b4 i open my eyes
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

No mind am its call sucking up!i'm sure you already knew that but what is more annoying is the fact that now wilturd and iceBergkamp are injured, he has only kanu to fall back on hence all the sucking up!!! :|
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

NOW THAT OBA MARTINS IS OUT OF THE PICTURE..I THINK CCC TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE THIS BLEAVE IT OR NOT...

************************Aghahowa

********************Kanu

Jay-Jay********Obodo*******Olofinjana/Ekong********Utaka

Baba/udeze********Okononkwo******West********Yobo

Sup...Kalu...Ayegbeni.....Ikedia....Lawal....Abey...and others who will deserve to be menstioned...will be in tunisia comon nigeria have what it takes...i bleave ccc will shut his critics by wining the cub....i just hope he makes the right choice on players
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Wenger's hoping to hang on to in-form Kanu

- Kanu -
By Richard Clarke

The timing of Kanu’s departure for the African Nations Cup is expected to be sorted out next week.

The Nigerian striker is back in the Arsenal side at the moment and scored his first Premiership goal for 16 months in the 1-1 draw at Everton in midweek. Kanu’s fine overall form, plus injuries to fellow strikers Dennis Bergkamp and Sylvain Wiltord, has only heightened the desire of Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger to keep the 27-year-old for as long as possible.

“We respect the fact that he is playing for his country and we want Kanu to go to the African Nations Cup,” he said, “but as late as possible.

“When I took him I knew he had this problem so I cannot complain. But I think this would be ideal for Nigeria as well. Why sit in a training camp and play friendlies that are difficult to find when this is better preparation for the tournament?

“The situation will be sorted out next week after a meeting with the national coaches. They are in Portugal at the moment.”

Kanu has been not been a first-team regular over the past couple of seasons but, Wenger argues, he has always remained professional.

“I left him out of the team for a long time because I was spoilt for choice," he said. "In England you cannot have four [outfield] subs on the bench.

"But he has a remarkable spirit. His attitude has always been unbelievable and, again, he has been outstanding in training so far this season.”

[09 January 2004]
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Men, Wenger is an #$%@^&*! Period. :evil:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

Jmal wrote:NOW THAT OBA MARTINS IS OUT OF THE PICTURE..I THINK CCC TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE THIS BLEAVE IT OR NOT...

********************Kanu

Sup...Kalu...Ayegbeni.....Ikedia....Lawal....Abey...and others who will deserve to be menstioned...will be in tunisia comon nigeria have what it takes...i bleave ccc will shut his critics by wining the cub....i just hope he makes the right choice on players
I agree with you jamal that he will put out this team juast that i doubt obodo will play, instead i think it will be Ekong and mind you KALU has been told not come back to camp
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

senator wrote:
Jmal wrote:NOW THAT OBA MARTINS IS OUT OF THE PICTURE..I THINK CCC TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE THIS BLEAVE IT OR NOT...

********************Kanu

I agree with you jamal that he will put out this team juast that i doubt obodo will play, instead i think it will be Ekong and mind you KALU has been told not come back to camp
IF KALU IS OUT THEN I THINK CCC WOULD HAVE RECALED ORUMA BACK....WHY CCC CALL ORUMA HE IS IN FINE FORM..
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

Jmal,
CCC has said he is not inviting anyone again so i doubt Oruma will be called and i think from what we've heard Osaze has booked his ticket
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Another junk piece.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Absolute junk piece. That PM news story had no single quote from CCC....Piece of shite newspaper. Some of those journalists missed their calling in life. They could so easily have eclipsed Stephen King.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

All of you badmouthing Wenger clearly need to get a clue. It was the same Wenger that gave Kanu every possible opportunity to cement a spot for himself over the last three seasons but Mr. Lazybones huffed and puffed his way with lazy performance after lazy performance...Consequently, he has to be satisfied with the scraps that are now currently being thrown his way
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

I wouldn't play him if he reports later than the 11th. Period
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"