Wiltord and Kanu to go

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Wiltord and Kanu to go

Post by DIMKA76 »

Wiltord and Kanu to go

Matt Scott
Saturday January 10, 2004
The Guardian

Arsenal are set to write off a £17.5m investment at the end of the season with the strikers Sylvain Wiltord and Kanu leaving for nothing.
Arsenal have offered Wiltord a new deal but with significantly reduced terms and Kanu has been told that the manager Arsène Wenger will not be renewing his contract.

Wenger claimed last night that Wiltord's summer exit is his own choice and that, having secured Sol Campbell on a free transfer from Tottenham in 2001, it would be hypocritical to complain. "He is committed, but it is the Bosman rule and you have to respect it."

The deadline for representa tions against the government's approval of the compulsory purchase orders necessary for Arsenal's Ashburton Grove stadium project passed yesterday.

The Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann and Southampton striker Kevin Phillips have been charged with improper conduct by the FA after their clash at St Mary's on December 29.

The Nigeria coach Christian Chukwu has insisted that Bolton's Jay-Jay Okocha and Kanu must report for African Nations Cup duty on Monday at the latest. Bolton and Arsenal were hoping to hold on to the players for at least another week but Chukwu said he would report both clubs to Fifa should they fail to comply.

· You've read the piece, now have your say. Email your comments to [email protected].
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

All the London tarts be saying:

"Hey Papi,
Promise you'll never let me go
Promise you'll never leave me"
http://www.naijiant.com/
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

No be Wenger dey shout about having a new contract for Kanu? Hypocritical $@#%!
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Both of them should leave and give Peter Hill-Wood a heartache over holes in HIS pocket. :mrgreen:
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Arsenal have offered Wiltord a new deal but with significantly reduced terms and Kanu has been told that the manager Arsène Wenger will not be renewing his contract
Wow, what a nasty punch. After patiently sitting out all this time and hearing your manager go public over a possible renewal of your contract, now this.

I hope this report isn't true. If it is, then Kanu has been humiliated by a disrespectful coach. :x

Why should he meekily accept this sort of treatment? I hope it doesn't affect his ANC performance.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well when Kanu leaves thats the end of Arsenal's winning days
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

cic old boy wrote:All the London tarts be saying:

"Hey Papi,
Promise you'll never let me go
Promise you'll never leave me"
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Bolade
Egg
Egg

Post by Bolade »

Nothing lasts forever, everybody is bound to leave someday, so if it is now that Kanu should leave Arsenal, so be it. He has done well so far in the colors of Arsenal. Let's see what the reactions will be like when it's time for Arsene to bow out. :evil:
sublimeskills
Egg
Egg
It is always best to hear from horse's mouth

Post by sublimeskills »

IF Wenger doesn't want to renew Wiltord's contract, it would have been spread all over the newpapers by now. Only one newpaper or website carry such news -The guardian.co.uk. I have issue trusting some of those colunmists whom always proclaim reliable source. I am not saying it can't be true but you'll need more before someone can belive that. Arsene has professed he will like to keep Wiltord. If he is to leave, it will be publicly announced. As for Kanu, I believe he will leave Arsenal regardless of any news. Only way he could stay is if he comes back from ANC and contribute massively to the CL and PL and Arsenal wins. It is better for him to go somewhere else. My only wish is if he stays in the premiership where we can continue to see him more than if he goes to Europe.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

We all know this was inevitable; only Robby would not have seen this due to undieing Kanu passion. Kanu place for the past 3 years has been on the Arsenal bench. He must be suffering from benchititis by now. A move is what the doctor ordered! :D
...but with God all things are possible...
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

It's not confirmed Kanu is leaving! Wenger said he will wait till April/may before making a decision.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

RudeBoy,

The writing is on the wall and won't be surprised if Kanu has been asked to leave.

Either way, good luck to Kanu.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Some of you guys are funny.
Just like Larry said the writing has been there and this should not come as a surprise. Some of us have been saying Wenger is just fatening kanu to sell him be u refuse to believe. Wenger always talk of how good kanu is but still refuse to play him in the first team. Wenger goes on about how wonderful Kanu skill is but he refuse to give him a contract. Kanu should have left a long time ago and not wait for this. Anyway maybe he was just waiting for the bosman.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

kanu should go to some "Bolton" where he can play regularly and shine like okocha...i think he needs it for an ego boost right now.. and he might even regain some form by doing this and it will definately give him more confidence and make him a btter all round eagles player..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Kanu's in Arsenes' good books - Wiltord's sulk is sad. He's as good as gone. Kanu has played recently like a geezer seeking a new contract - not a bad incentive. Hope he comes back from Tunisia sharp, especially as Sylvian hasn't shown the stomach for the fight.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kanu for the Qatari league
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Kanu should go to wherever he can play first team football,and also

get paid .
who no know go know.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Did I read somewhere that Kanu will get an answer in April?

I don't think so because Kanu needs to know sooner in order to plan for his future.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Did I read somewhere that Kanu will get an answer in April?

I don't think so because Kanu needs to know sooner in order to plan for his future.
Very correct Larry.
who no know go know.
Africana
Egg
Egg

Post by Africana »

Good for Kanu. Since he has pointedly failed to help himself by leaving Arsenal, Arsene Wenger has now helped Kanu to help himself. This is the best thing the French goat has done for Kanu and Nigeria since Kanu joined Arsenal.
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Thank you Africana.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Some of you guys are funny.
Just like Larry said the writing has been there and this should not come as a surprise. Some of us have been saying Wenger is just fatening kanu to sell him be u refuse to believe. Wenger always talk of how good kanu is but still refuse to play him in the first team. Wenger goes on about how wonderful Kanu skill is but he refuse to give him a contract. Kanu should have left a long time ago and not wait for this. Anyway maybe he was just waiting for the bosman
I doubt Wenger will sign a player whose only performance comes when he needs a contract. Kanu is being hyped to be sold if possible. If Kanu is smart he will start looking now.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

He better go to a club like Bolton where he can play ball and behave like a big man again.If he goes to a big club where they will bench him again I will just close my book on him.