Ogbeche, Utaka consider Premiership move

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Ogbeche, Utaka consider Premiership move

Post by naija4ever »

The spectre of having more than 30,000 passionate fans spurring them on is one of the major reasons why a number of Super Eagles stars are strongly considering moves to the English Premiership.

Bartholomew Ogbeche and John Utaka, both France-based players, have exclusively told THISDAYSports here in London that they are seriously considering switching to the Premiership.

Ogbeche, who has been frozen out of top French side PSG, said he was determined to move to the Premiership because he was impressed with the way fans back their clubs.

"In France this is not the case. They only back you when you are doing well once you're not they don't. But here they are behind you all the time whether you're doing well or not they always try to spur you on."

The former Golden Eaglet star, who moved to the Paris-based club five years ago, admitted that his time was up with PSG and he was looking for a new club to play for ahead of the new soccer season.

"For no reason the manager just decided not to play me any more that's why I had to spend the last four months of the season on loan with Bastia but I don't want to remain on the bench next season that's why I'm looking for a new club."

The Korea/Japan 2002 star, said although he would love to play England he was ready to join any club that was ready to sign him. On his part Utaka, whose winning goal against Cameroon at the last Nations Cup endeared him to Nigerians, a move to the Premiership is his ultimate dream too.

However, one major stumbling block to him realising the dream right now is the fact that he still has three years left on his RC Lens contract.

"I've only spent two out of the five year contract I signed with them. But the truth is that I would love to play in the Premiership. The passion and commitment is just unbelievable, it's not found anywhere else."

Utaka, who was on target yesterday against Jamaica, however, said he was yet to be officially contacted by any Premiership club.

"I'm still waiting for an offer from England. If one comes I will seriously consider it."
http://www.thisdayonline.com/

Goodluck to u guys u've made naija proud, very soon u will be in the EPL, just be patient :wink:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

I wish Both Luck.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Middlesborough or Fulham will be great for Utaka or Ogbeche. I wish them both well and much luck.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Bell

Post by Bell »

WAIT A MINUTE

Has Sam Allardyce heard of any of these blokes?
Bell
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Allardyce only signs over the hill or discredited players - and ends up discrading half of them. Intelligently investing a measly few mil on a good young striker is not something he seems to find interesting enough.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Na Highbury I wan see Utaka.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

But waffi, u know Wenger likes only french boys
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Kaycee, since when Kolo & Lauren become French ? I think ogbeche & Utaka will fit Fulham,Bolton or Charlton.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

tolahs wrote:Kaycee, since when Kolo & Lauren become French ? I think ogbeche & Utaka will fit Fulham,Bolton or Charlton.
Hello.....Former French colonies!! :lol:
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Kenovski, get a grip: French colonies is a stretch. Prof Wenger went to bat for Naija Kanu whilst Inter had him on retirement. He likes Dutch,Spainairds.
I honestly like Waffiman believe Utaka's work ethic & versatility makes him HighBury quality. Remaining years on his contract will jack up his price. If I was his agent, I'll be sounding out Wenger. As for Ogbeche Bolton,Fulham & Charlton will provide 2 essentials: progressive football & playing time.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Kenovski, get a grip: French colonies is a stretch. Prof Wenger went to bat for Naija Kanu whilst Inter had him on retirement. He likes Dutch,Spainairds.
I honestly like Waffiman believe Utaka's work ethic & versatility makes him HighBury quality. Remaining years on his contract will jack up his price. If I was his agent, I'll be sounding out Wenger. As for Ogbeche Bolton,Fulham & Charlton will provide 2 essentials: progressive football & playing time.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

fake report no doubt,thisday are sama chumps.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^