Ireland VS Jamaica

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Elexus
Egg
Egg
Ireland VS Jamaica

Post by Elexus »

Please can someone provide a text commentary for the Ireland vs Jamaica match. I would really appreciate it.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

like we care... :mrgreen: I guess it's always good to know how ones wives are doing... :P
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

MD, we care cos we need to hear the escuse wey that Irish coach go give if Jamo kick dia #$%. :lol:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Those of you in London should be able to provide a commentary.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Sheffield United goalkeeper Paddy Kenny is to make his first start for the Republic of Ireland against Jamaica in the Unity Cup on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old Yorkshire-born keeper earned his only cap as a substitute against the Czech Republic in March.

Although from Halifax, Kenny qualifies for Brian Kerr's team because both his parents are Irish.

Kenny's inclusion is one of six likely changes from the team which lost 3-0 to Nigeria at the Valley on Saturday.

Tottenham's Gary Doherty, often used by the Republic in attack, is set to partner Andy O'Brien of Newcastle in defence.

Manchester United defender John O'Shea will probably operate at full-back while Mark Kinsella will captain the side in midfield.

We did not do ourselves justice against Nigeria on Saturday

Brian Kerr
Cardiff striker Alan Lee is expected to keep his place to win his sixth cap and may partner Clinton Morrison who was on the bench for the 3-0 defeat to the Nigerians.

With four matches in a 10-day spell, manager Kerr said he intended to use everyone in his 24-man panel at some stage.

He admitted his team had been jaded in Saturday's defeat to Nigeria, coming less than 48 hours after a 1-0 home win over Romania.

Kerr is looking for an improved performance against the Jamaica, who lost 2-0 to Nigeria on Monday.

"I thought they were a big, strong team," said Kerr.

"They are adventurous and will give us a real game, there is no doubt about that.

"But I am more interested in how we are going to go because we did not do ourselves justice against Nigeria on Saturday."

Kerr has just one injury concern after Blackburn midfielder Jonathan Douglas picked up a slight knee injury in training.