Oruma cries Foul

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

This guy is the Steve McManaman of the SE - too much expected iand then dropped, nstead of just letting him get a consistent run of games and showing what he can do.

Its Ironic that we hype Olofinjana, yet Oruma has very very similar overall qualities and productivity, although not as naturally talented as Seyi.

Anyone who wants to blame Oruma for the ANC semis loss vs Sengal is delusional. All 11 players + subs bear the blame collectively. We had a 11-10 man advantage - why the hell shold that gme come down to a penalty THAT late in the game.

If anything the result should have been put to bed by Kanu and Finidi early in the first half.

Oruma was a sub into the game so clearly he cannot have been the designated PK man. yet he had the balls to stand up and take it - you know hiw much nerve that requires in such a critical situation? it was a well taken penaly, and he clipped the post by maybe 1 inch. And suddeny he should be a scapegoat? Sorry but tha's just ingonrant - the game should have been sorted out long before the penalty.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

muzines wrote:he's a moron. He has forgotten that he was solely responsible for kicking us out of the ANC the last time. We don't want him on the team. Simple.
Because he missed a penalty means he has a low IQ,abi?Anyway,I saw the highlights of Sochaux's last weekend tie and found out that the chap is on form.He passed well and rattled the opponent's keeper.I felt he was Sochaux best player on the day 8)
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I do not think the decision to drop Oruma was the coach's. You guys have to remember that Chukwu, loike Onigbinde are only "instrumental" in drawing up the list. Amodu was one coach who refused to do what he was told and we all saw how it got him the sack.
I can tell you all now that Kadiri Ikhana will never get appointed as Nigeria's head coach, even if he coaches Juventus to the European Champions League trophy. Our NFA does not like coaches who do not do what they are told.
Ayo,
abeg, help me hammer am for M15 ears!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

What a shame and everyone will stoop low to defend their own kind wow wonders never end...
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Shownoja wrote:Cybersaint - Well said. If there is one position where we seem to have over supply, it is in that creative midfield role, and I beg to disagree with those who say that on current form he should be in the camp.

If you consider his position, please tell me who in camp at the moment should be dropped to accommodate him. Is it Oga? or Osaze who is the heir apparent. Please, I think he has been unfortunate, but that does not mean didly squat right now. What our team needs the most now is focus, not bickering though I must give the brother credit for wishing the SE well.
Who is OSAZEEEEE for GOOODNESS SAKE? What are we talking about self, if u want to compare somebody with Assistant Oga is it Osaze? Please spare me. Some of this guys going to the ANC has had the opportunity to miss one penalty or flop in one match for SE before, Kanu miss Penelty in the final should we say if he had scored maybe Cameroon would not have won the cup in 2000.

I think the truth of the matter is what Ayo Akinfe said, Oruma should not be judge by pass invent if so, then we have the right to invite the like of Amunike, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Finidi, Oliseh, Siasa et al cus of their past performance. People who have been castigating YAK has for the past few days now been singing his praises to high heaven this is base on his current form. LET US REASON TOGETHER... ON CURRENT FORM WE STAND.