The AU & NEPAD Are Frauds: Africa's Shame!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
The AU & NEPAD Are Frauds: Africa's Shame!

Post by RudeBoy »

African leaders claim that the AU and NEPAD aim to improve the lot of the common African but all I see is war and hiunger, more war and hunger and o yes curruption. I weep for my continent o! This is 2004 and still we have these headlines:

Ethnic cleansing blights Sudan

It is being called the world's worst humanitarian crisis. Arab militia men have driven an estimate one million black Sudanese villagers from their homes and there have been massacres on an unknown scale.

=========================================

DR Congo: Africa's worst war

Many families have lost someone in the war
The four-and-a-half year conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been described as the worst since World War II.

==============================================

Rebels seize DR Congo town

The clashes are delaying the creation of a new army
Dissident soldiers have taken control of the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo town of Bukavu after a week of fighting with regular army troops.

=========================================

Uganda's rebel Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) has become synonymous with torture, abductions and killings
The LRA use torture to instil fear

"They tied me and laid me down. They told me not to cry. Not to make any noise. Then one man sat on my chest, men held my arms, legs, and one held my neck".

"Another picked up an axe. First he chopped my left hand, then my right. Then he chopped my nose, my ears and my mouth with a knife."

===============================================

Ethiopians 'rely on food imports'

Ethiopia's famine appears to be spreading
Many Ethiopians rely increasingly on food aid from abroad, and many believe their food supplies are becoming less secure, 20 years after the l984 famine

===============================================

Add to that Ivory Coast, Liberia, S Leone, Zimbabwe to mention but a few and tears begin to flow in great proportions!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You ommited Odi!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.