Eagles Victory(Colonial Mentality is rearing it's ugly head)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles Victory(Colonial Mentality is rearing it's ugly h

Post by furiously frank »

so__so_scandalous wrote:
nakson wrote:
so__so_scandalous wrote:
nakson wrote:I am sick of reading all the rubbish about our unity cup victory. Some have even gone as far as saying the team that represented us this past week would have received the Nations Cup on a silver platter. We all saw what Utaka could do in the tourney. The fact he dazzeled a bunch of Irish players does not mean he's arrived. For God sake when did Ireland become a Football power house? Their biggest export is roy Keane and we all agree that Nigeria has produced players who've made a larger impact on world football than Roy Keane has. Was it not the same eagles who humbled cameroon a couple months ago? Can that victory be compared to this Unity Nonsense Cup. If Chukwu had fielded the Unity cup squad against cameroon, His job would have ended a long time ago. It's beginning to look as if anytime we defeat an Oyinbo team the level of joy on the forum epitomizes that of a woman who's just given birth. Pls let's be realistic Ireland is not the standard that should be used to judge the eagles. The first time i ever watched Ireland play soccer, was when we beat them in Dublin.
Nakson if the first time you saw Ureland play football was against us in 2002, you clearly don't know what they are capable of as a team. They played in the wc quarterfinals in 1990 and were only beaten on penalties at the wc second round 1994 & 2002 which is more than double what nigeria has accomplished so far. So stop being ignorant and give credit where credit is due.

Scandalous
Furiously Frank why label me as beign Ignorant, we are talking of 2004 an you are mentioning 1990. I guess if we decide to play Hungary you will be wary of them simply bcos they won several world cups in the 60's. The same logic should also apply to Uruguay. What ever happened in the 90's is history. Ireland of today don't have a team that can win big matches.
Nakson Why you dey call me furiously frank? I didn't mean you were ignorant but your post is a little ignorant- ignorant about Ireland's prowess as a footballing nation and ignorant it its simplistic view of things.

Ireland played in 2002 wc and they took a ticket to the second round at the expense of then african champions cameroon only to loose unluckily to spain in the second round on penalties. 2002 is hardly the 1950s when Hungary as you seem to suggest. Ireland has not been beaten that bad in 10 years. Think about it Nakson

How many african countries e.g tunisia always triumph at the ANC but can't do jack at International competition. The Ireland victory suggests that Nigeria's game is adaptable to different types of opposition. A more compelling angle to have taken would have been the absence of some of Ireland's best players rather than an outright dismissal of them as a footballing nation.
:D :D :D
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

I called you Furioulsy Frank because you were so scandalous :mrgreen:

Pls don't drum on their 2002 achievement. It was beyond their imagination They went at the expense of a foolish cameroonian team that had what it took to move very far in the tourney. They are what we call cinderella teams. Didn't the US massacre portugal in that tourney, was it bcos the US is a soccer power house?
If a monkey is amongst dogs, why won't it start barking?

Nobody mourns an unnoticed death.

If a donkey kicks you and you kick back, you are both donkeys.

He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.

A tiger does not have to proclaim its tigri-tude.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

fURIOUSLY fRANK,U made no point and UR suffering form the illness nakson just described on his main topic.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

nakson wrote:I called you Furioulsy Frank because you were so scandalous :mrgreen:

Pls don't drum on their 2002 achievement. It was beyond their imagination They went at the expense of a foolish cameroonian team that had what it took to move very far in the tourney. They are what we call cinderella teams. Didn't the US massacre portugal in that tourney, was it bcos the US is a soccer power house?
Nakson you dey lie. I was in Ireland throughout the qualifying campaign and a second round berth was not "beyond their imagination" as you say but a realistic expectation. They were in a group with Holland and Portugal and eliminated Holland for crying out loud. As I pointed out earlier they'd played in the quarter finals and secondround in the previous 3 wcs so why would advancing to the second round be beyond their imagination.

Look at the entire british media trying to make sense of the thrashing...they were tired, no...they rested their big players,..etc. The media doesn't bother to make excuses for weak teams like wales or Scotland. They are just as shocked as we were delighted. You can make your point about us not getting too overexcited without the hyperbolic undermining of Ireland's achievements.
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

Ayo

you are beginning to sound as if you work for the American media propogandist. Today you are here to bring Freedom, tomorrow you are there to Fight terror. I have noticed that your new line of defence in favor of a foreign is to claim that Chukwu Advocates for a foreign coach. I guess Chukwu must be stupid to insuniate the idea that he should be fired.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nakson wrote:Ayo it looks as if this is the only time your anchor man strategy has worked. So let's continue playing Ireland, Scotland, Finland, Greenland, then when we meet holland they will send us to never land. I have also noticed that you are no more forcefullly calling for Chukwu's replacemant. Is it because he has finally convinced you that he can defeat oyinbo opponents?
Please let's be reasonable. Playing two anchormen is compulsory in the modern game, whoever you play.

For me, as long as Nigeria are playing, there must be two out of the following on the pitch come what may:

Seyi Olofinjana
Chris Obodo
Paul Obiefuna
Justice Christopher (If he is back)

Chukwu has still not got his head round that and I fear that he may resort to a poor formation once JJ comes back. You keeping going on about a foreign coach buit even CCC himself admits it is needed, so please let that one be.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

omey2k4 wrote:fURIOUSLY fRANK,U made no point and UR suffering form the illness nakson just described on his main topic.
Young man, did Nakson nak U this morning :P :P :P
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

I have to furiously frank that i did not nak omey2k this morning. But since you are intersted in getting nacked i will recommend you to Abu Graib prison i am pretty sure they will quench you thirst. :mrgreen:

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

nakson wrote:I have to furiously frank that i did not nak omey2k this morning. But since you are intersted in getting nacked i will recommend you to Abu Graib prison i am pretty sure they will quench you thirst. :mrgreen:
C'mmon, no be me give U that name, if you are not happy with it, change it. As for me, I'll rather be Furiously Frank, than go around nacking 14 year old boy like Omey.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

nakson wrote:Ayo it looks as if this is the only time your anchor man strategy has worked. So let's continue playing Ireland, Scotland, Finland, Greenland, then when we meet holland they will send us to never land. I have also noticed that you are no more forcefullly calling for Chukwu's replacemant. Is it because he has finally convinced you that he can defeat oyinbo opponents?
Why is Holland better than Ireland? Didn't Ireland eliminate Holland in the last world cup qualifying rounds?

You see for me it is not about how good a team is really. If they are Europeans then it is a great day when we beat them. And there is more to this than a colonial mentality. It is about setting an example, a precedent, a pattern of defeating them. A way to put an end to their myth of invincibility, to put an end to comments that hurt: like Ireland's coach saying before the last world cup when asked how he feels about Cameroon doing so well and being African and Olympic champs. He said "It is another matter all together to play European opposition" You see, this makes the Irish more confident when they do meet African opposition. And indeed it was their fighting spirit and lack of respect for Cameroon that pulled them through their game against them and made them tie it and eliminate Cameroon in the end. Now when they meet Nigeria they will look back and find two defeats, in friendlies yes, but defeats nontheless. When people play Nigeria they are scared. No one is safe, even though we loose a lot, no one is beyond our reach, and adding Ireland to that list is good.

Now you might argue that I lack perspective. That beating European opposition should not be all that Nigerian football is about and that is a fair point. But to that I say that creating a history of encounters that is littered with European casualties would bring a great deal of satisfaction to Africans all over. But yes that is not what Nigerian football should be about: it should also be about trashing Brazil and destroying America: on the field of play that is.

No colonialist metality here just vengence. Memory of injustice and thirst for blood.

Yes, I think a have lost perspective for sure.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Saying ireland started playing soccer yesterday is rigghtfully ignorant. they reached the 1990 WC quaterfinals in their debut, beat Italy in 1994 and reached the 2nd round. they also eliminated holland from the 2002 WC and spain were lucky to beat them in the 2nd round. they may not be rated among the likes of france and brazil but they are not a team to dissmiss like that bcos they have done well in the past just like naija so dont underestimate them.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

you have got a point,we need to beat the likes of England,Holland,france,brazil,argentina,Portugal,italy,czech before we can lay claim but at the same time,it was a breath of fresh air seeing a young Nigerian team tear both jamaica and ireland to shreds-with these new boys,there is so much hope for the future
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice post Nakson and being on CE for a while where mediocrity reigns you can understand why there was so much hapiness when the team and wanted to give CCC credit so quickly why forgetting the players. The usual Naija strait...
Soldier of Fortune...
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

MI5 wrote:Nice post Nakson and being on CE for a while where mediocrity reigns you can understand why there was so much hapiness when the team and wanted to give CCC credit so quickly why forgetting the players. The usual Naija strait...

:lol: :mrgreen: hahahahahaha :lol: should I say it :mrgreen:
broke-#$% loooooooooser :mrgreen:
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957