Eagles Victory(Colonial Mentality is rearing it's ugly head)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nakson
Egg
Egg
Eagles Victory(Colonial Mentality is rearing it's ugly head)

Post by nakson »

I am sick of reading all the rubbish about our unity cup victory. Some have even gone as far as saying the team that represented us this past week would have received the Nations Cup on a silver platter. We all saw what Utaka could do in the tourney. The fact he dazzeled a bunch of Irish players does not mean he's arrived. For God sake when did Ireland become a Football power house? Their biggest export is roy Keane and we all agree that Nigeria has produced players who've made a larger impact on world football than Roy Keane has. Was it not the same eagles who humbled cameroon a couple months ago? Can that victory be compared to this Unity Nonsense Cup. If Chukwu had fielded the Unity cup squad against cameroon, His job would have ended a long time ago. It's beginning to look as if anytime we defeat an Oyinbo team the level of joy on the forum epitomizes that of a woman who's just given birth. Pls let's be realistic Ireland is not the standard that should be used to judge the eagles. The first time i ever watched Ireland play soccer, was when we beat them in Dublin.
If a monkey is amongst dogs, why won't it start barking?

Nobody mourns an unnoticed death.

If a donkey kicks you and you kick back, you are both donkeys.

He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.

A tiger does not have to proclaim its tigri-tude.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nakson is Bizack and U just made the post of the day!Thats CE's for you.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Eagles Victory(Colonial Mentality is rearing it's ugly h

Post by juventuss »

nakson wrote:I am sick of reading all the rubbish about our unity cup victory. Some have even gone as far as saying the team that represented us this past week would have received the Nations Cup on a silver platter. We all saw what Utaka could do in the tourney. The fact he dazzeled a bunch of Irish players does not mean he's arrived. For God sake when did Ireland become a Football power house? Their biggest export is roy Keane and we all agree that Nigeria has produced players who've made a larger impact on world football than Roy Keane has. Was it not the same eagles who humbled cameroon a couple months ago? Can that victory be compared to this Unity Nonsense Cup. If Chukwu had fielded the Unity cup squad against cameroon, His job would have ended a long time ago. It's beginning to look as if anytime we defeat an Oyinbo team the level of joy on the forum epitomizes that of a woman who's just given birth. Pls let's be realistic Ireland is not the standard that should be used to judge the eagles. The first time i ever watched Ireland play soccer, was when we beat them in Dublin.

WELL SAID.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Abubakar
Egg
Egg

Post by Abubakar »

Nakson,
You are the nacking-son of your black father.
You are the true blackness in a charcoal kettle.
You speak truth like it is true you exist.
hmm!
Thank you very much for this point.
I dont know how to thank you again.

Buran Uba!
In the Abundance of Water, the Fool is Thirsty!
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

nakson, thank you. But dont expect many to listen.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Nakson: You make some points. But look, when did Jamaica became a white country? Afterall we spanked them 2-0.....or 'am missing something.....I know we shouldn't over-celebrate, but do you want us to cry when they performed well, afterall we are quick to condenm them when they are woeful.....
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The level of excitement generated by this meaningless victory is something to behold. I've seen normally intelligent forumers spewing kaka left right center in every post. I don't know if it is bcos Martins finally showed up or what; but me i just they marvel at this phenomenum.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Nakson,

There is truth in what you say....
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

*Salutes general nakson with both hands*

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

airwolex wrote:The level of excitement generated by this meaningless victory is something to behold. I've seen normally intelligent forumers spewing kaka left right center in every post. I don't know if it is bcos Martins finally showed up or what; but me i just they marvel at this phenomenum.
Thats what you get when your expectations are incredibly low.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Very few people have mentioned the scoreline in these games. The cause of celebration was the way the team played. The Unity Cup team did somethings that Nigerian teams have not done for a long time:

(1) They passed the ball about fluently
(2) They made good use of the counter attack
(3) The two centrebacks were rock solid
(4) They kept a clean sheet over two games
(5) The midfield was not exposed on the counter attack
(6) The Olofinjana/Obodo partnership meant that the anchorman was never left stranded and picked off at will
(7) The fluidity to the team meant that Olofinjana could drive forward and no holes were left at the back
(8) The team actually had the pace to worry opponents
(9) No Nigerian defence has ever been so comfortable on set pieces with two centrebacks who had total command of the air
(10) To add the ivcing on the cake, golas were scored and matches won

I would still have praised this team if it played the way they did and lost or drew. Friendlies is about discovering new talent, getting the team to gell and trying out parnerships. On all these counts the team did well.
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

Furiously Frank what nonsense are you talking aobut? Did Jamaica expect to win that match? Have we not proven over and over again that we don't test our might against developing soccer nations. This same Jamaica team will $#% in their pants when they meet America in their world cup qualifiers. While countries like tunisia are playing Italy we are busy playing school boys. So far as i am concerned chukwu has not proven that he can conquer continental opponents. When he met Brazil in Abuja we got trounced, He %%%% up against Tunisia, Badu Zaki gave him a lesson in football strategy. My secondary school starting line up would thrsh Jamaic's national team.

furiously frank wrote:Nakson: You make some points. But look, when did Jamaica became a white country? Afterall we spanked them 2-0.....or 'am missing something.....I know we shouldn't over-celebrate, but do you want us to cry when they performed well, afterall we are quick to condenm them when they are woeful.....

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

nakson wrote:I am sick of reading all the rubbish about our unity cup victory. Some have even gone as far as saying the team that represented us this past week would have received the Nations Cup on a silver platter. We all saw what Utaka could do in the tourney. The fact he dazzeled a bunch of Irish players does not mean he's arrived. For God sake when did Ireland become a Football power house? Their biggest export is roy Keane and we all agree that Nigeria has produced players who've made a larger impact on world football than Roy Keane has. Was it not the same eagles who humbled cameroon a couple months ago? Can that victory be compared to this Unity Nonsense Cup. If Chukwu had fielded the Unity cup squad against cameroon, His job would have ended a long time ago. It's beginning to look as if anytime we defeat an Oyinbo team the level of joy on the forum epitomizes that of a woman who's just given birth. Pls let's be realistic Ireland is not the standard that should be used to judge the eagles. The first time i ever watched Ireland play soccer, was when we beat them in Dublin.
Nakson if the first time you saw Ureland play football was against us in 2002, you clearly don't know what they are capable of as a team. They played in the wc quarterfinals in 1990 and were only beaten on penalties at the wc second round 1994 & 2002 which is more than double what nigeria has accomplished so far. So stop being ignorant and give credit where credit is due.

Scandalous
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

Ayo it looks as if this is the only time your anchor man strategy has worked. So let's continue playing Ireland, Scotland, Finland, Greenland, then when we meet holland they will send us to never land. I have also noticed that you are no more forcefullly calling for Chukwu's replacemant. Is it because he has finally convinced you that he can defeat oyinbo opponents?

living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

nakson well said
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

so__so_scandalous wrote:
Nakson if the first time you saw Ureland play football was against us in 2002, you clearly don't know what they are capable of as a team. They played in the wc quarterfinals in 1990 and were only beaten on penalties at the wc second round 1994 & 2002 which is more than double what nigeria has accomplished so far. So stop being ignorant and give credit where credit is due.

Scandalous
Furiously Frank why label me as beign Ignorant, we are talking of 2004 an you are mentioning 1990. I guess if we decide to play Hungary you will be wary of them simply bcos they won several world cups in the 60's. The same logic should also apply to Uruguay. What ever happened in the 90's is history. Ireland of today don't have a team that can win big matches.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nakson this is not about getting carried away, yes! Some have got carried away but I can understand such reactions for the following reasons:

Martins has finally played for the SE and he showed he was special.

The promise of our future SE. We saw some really good things from a young team and we also saw fine individual performances from, Obodo, Paul, Seyi, Joe, Bartho etc.

What all this means is there is hope for the future, especially when you consider Kalu, Makinwa, Melkam, Wahab etc. were not even near the team.

IMHO, this is cause and reason for a lot of optimism. I see the future and it Green White Green. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Like I said in one of my post the real work begins on Saturday.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

nakson wrote:Furiously Frank what nonsense are you talking aobut? Did Jamaica expect to win that match? Have we not proven over and over again that we don't test our might against developing soccer nations. This same Jamaica team will sugar in their pants when they meet America in their world cup qualifiers. While countries like tunisia are playing Italy we are busy playing school boys. So far as i am concerned chukwu has not proven that he can conquer continental opponents. When he met Brazil in Abuja we got trounced, He %%%% up against Tunisia, Badu Zaki gave him a lesson in football strategy. My secondary school starting line up would thrsh Jamaic's national team.

furiously frank wrote:Nakson: You make some points. But look, when did Jamaica became a white country? Afterall we spanked them 2-0.....or 'am missing something.....I know we shouldn't over-celebrate, but do you want us to cry when they performed well, afterall we are quick to condenm them when they are woeful.....
Nakson, you are the one talking nonsense. Just read yourselves, it does appear you are more interested in doom stories than good news, well we don't have to agree do we?

You asked
Did Jamaica expect to win that match
Here is an answer:
"Vanguard (Lagos)
May 28, 2004
Posted to the web May 28, 2004
Onochie Anibeze
London

Carl Brown, the Jamaican coach yesterday told the media that Nigeria should not be surprised if they pull another victory against the Super Eagles. "We were beaten 1-0 by Nigeria before the last World Cup here in London and later went to Nigeria to get a draw before coming home to beat the Eagles 3-2 last year. The match here will be tough for Nigeria. They should not be surprised if we win. We have some young players who are ready to work hard. We have got injuries and not all the stars will play. But in this team are five players in the Major League Soccer......

Now I know why you are called Nakson.....it is not for nothing
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nakson wrote:Ayo it looks as if this is the only time your anchor man strategy has worked. So let's continue playing Ireland, Scotland, Finland, Greenland, then when we meet holland they will send us to never land. I have also noticed that you are no more forcefullly calling for Chukwu's replacemant. Is it because he has finally convinced you that he can defeat oyinbo opponents?
Please let's be reasonable. Playing two anchormen is compulsory in the modern game, whoever you play.

For me, as long as Nigeria are playing, there must be two out of the following on the pitch come what may:

Seyi Olofinjana
Chris Obodo
Paul Obiefuna
Justice Christopher (If he is back)

Chukwu has still not got his head round that and I fear that he may resort to a poor formation once JJ comes back. You keeping going on about a foreign coach buit even CCC himself admits it is needed, so please let that one be.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nakson has killed every reply so far,Ayo Nigeria has layed superbly before and its nothing new.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Nakson,
Let's get something straight, The Unity cup was supposed to be played by our so called "Team A", majority of the boys didnt show up, almost all hopes were lost, few criticised the inclussion of Ogbeche, others cursed CCC for being a backward moving coach n bla bla bla... CCC executes the matches n wins in good colours above all expectations n prooved a lotta ppl wrong, Ogbeche made his comeback, Martins was finally capped, new talents like Obiefula, adanmu n co were unleashed, so plzz give me reason why u won't think ppl won't react the way they did?

Most forumers are known to Bandwagon shrinners, only jump into the Wagon when the Music is nice n leave when the going gets tough, hence most ppl begin their shrinning just 2 cover up what they most have bashed in the past, hence the over-bloated excitement n funny ideas.
Peter Obi For President 2023
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

Furiously Frank

Onochi Anibizie reporting :D :mrgreen:

so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

nakson wrote:
so__so_scandalous wrote:

Scandalous
Furiously Frank why label me as beign Ignorant, we are talking of 2004 an you are mentioning 1990. I guess if we decide to play Hungary you will be wary of them simply bcos they won several world cups in the 60's. The same logic should also apply to Uruguay. What ever happened in the 90's is history. Ireland of today don't have a team that can win big matches.
Nakson Why you dey call me furiously frank? I didn't mean you were ignorant but your post is a little ignorant- ignorant about Ireland's prowess as a footballing nation and ignorant it its simplistic view of things.

Ireland played in 2002 wc and they took a ticket to the second round at the expense of then african champions cameroon only to loose unluckily to spain in the second round on penalties. 2002 is hardly the 1950s when Hungary as you seem to suggest. Ireland has not been beaten that bad in 10 years. Think about it Nakson

How many african countries e.g tunisia always triumph at the ANC but can't do jack at International competition. The Ireland victory suggests that Nigeria's game is adaptable to different types of opposition. A more compelling angle to have taken would have been the absence of some of Ireland's best players rather than an outright dismissal of them as a footballing nation.