Sports minister lures Amodu to U-23

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Robbynice wrote:Okay let me get this straight. Amodu has been hired to qualify Nigeria for the Olympic but the thing is will he be allowed to take the team there if they actually qualify? :?
Good question Robby.
who no know go know.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Watch Nigeria qualify for the U-23 quick,if it wasnt for Ahmoduw e never would have gone tot he WC.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Cellular,

Nothing but since guys like you always accept and support nonsense it has become a naija strait, we shall see how it turns out in the end.

It is reason why i will never respect him because all the things they did to him, he will still continue to be looked at as a man who has never stood for anything except for his pockets...

Cellular wrote:
MI5 wrote:If Amodu takes the job he is a big fool and will always remain for years to come... He has no dignity, and will always remain a disgrace to naija futbol...
What exactly did Amodu do to you?

You rather watch the Olympics without Naija in it than have Amodu coach di team?

Na real wah for you...
Soldier of Fortune...
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I will believe this when it actually happens.
Has he signed a binding contract or is this another situation where he will be used and discarded as "an employee of the Sports Ministry"?
What about his huge commitment to Sharks?
It doesn't add up....I think we have a case of junk journalism here. No direct quotes, just conjecture
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

Deja-vu for me-I guess the angels are singing "YOU ARE WORTHY OH LORD"...i doubt the truth in the article but if its true...its a smart tactical move by the minister..

...circa 1999...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Sir V,

A man that has never stood for anything in his life will always fall for anything... abi Amodu's fans no bi true i talk?

Sir V wrote:
MI5 wrote:If Amodu takes the job he is a big fool and will always remain for years to come... He has no dignity, and will always remain a disgrace to naija futbol...

The only reason Amodu will take the job is because it will pave way for selling players.
Soldier of Fortune...
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

MI5 wrote:Sir V,

A man that has never stood for anything in his life will always fall for anything... abi Amodu's fans no bi true i talk?

Sir V wrote:

The only reason Amodu will take the job is because it will pave way for selling players.

Amodu fool like eba. Kadiri is more sensible
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice one Sir V always the naija way of doing things... No wonder the signals were coming Amodu when he was giving all those interviews about way he was treated... What a pity... I guess now those are the coded way of saying he wants to come back one way or the other... Shame....

Any Amodu fans, loyalists, cliques, that has anything to say pls say it because na war with all of you guys from here on :evil: :evil:

Sir V wrote:
MI5 wrote:Sir V,

Sir V wrote:

Amodu fool like eba. Kadiri is more sensible
Soldier of Fortune...
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Amodu should take the job and qualify the boys for Athens. If the boys do well in Athens, guess who will coach the team to the 2006 World Cup? Yep, Amodu! The man will finally get to take Nigeria to the World Cup.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

See those calling him a fool should realize one thing.. in naija the bottom line is $$$$$$$$. At sharkes how much is he earning ? With the national team he earns much more, plus a chance to get another stinct at a coaching gig outside naija. His resume becomes much more impressive than it already is. So that is what I mean ... The guy may seem unprincipled.. but if making more money is his underlying goal, then by all means .. he should accept any naija calls to handle any team.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sir V wrote:

Spot on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

somehow I agree with those that blame Amodu for qualifying us for the WC2002. Now he's been called on another rescue mission and all he gets for it is attack from some misinformed individuals. Naija has too many ingrates. Shio!
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

PapaK wrote:somehow I agree with those that blame Amodu for qualifying us for the WC2002. Now he's been called on another rescue mission and all he gets for it is attack from some misinformed individuals. Naija has too many ingrates. Shio!
Amen to that! Also, all those that want to attack Amodu if he takes the job, exactly what have you guys done for your country other than complain about everything?
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

a patriot
Bell

Post by Bell »

AS SOME HAVE ADVISED...

...this story is yet to be vetted. But if true it shows a willingness to respond to national duty.

Those who call him a fool miight be right except that foolishness for your country is not a vice - it's a virtue. It's probably the anti-IC's who are acting scared because he might prove his rescue abilities again.

We all know he had been treated poorly before but who knows if this minister would turn out to be a breath of fresh air? Yes, it's the NFA who should be selecting the coach but given their track record and their mindless infatuation with journeymaqn FC's it doesn't bother me that their supervising agency is seizing control.

Finally, for WC06 why not make Amodu and C3 part of a bigger consortium.
Bell
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Where is my ceo? so Amodu now backstabbed Abdullahi!

well the title of backstabber will surely change hands
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
obong obuma
Egg
Egg

Post by obong obuma »

I hope history does not repeat itself,that is,Amodu helps to qualify the team for the Olympics,and then gets dropped on the eve of the tournament.He has the onions to qualify us,though.
Winning is not everything....it is the only thing!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Obong Obuma,

The only sad thing is which is normal in naija is the same thing is going to happen again, again and again and he will whine along with his supporters again on why he was dropped hahahahaha.... I go see how things go turn out in the end... :P

obong obuma wrote:I hope history does not repeat itself,that is,Amodu helps to qualify the team for the Olympics,and then gets dropped on the eve of the tournament.He has the onions to qualify us,though.
Soldier of Fortune...
ayohoff
Egg
Egg

Post by ayohoff »

Best move by the minister.'hope Amodu stated his terms and conditions and asked for a solid contract with a favorable exit clause
great goal!
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Hmmmm, the plot thickens.
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

MI5, I am a fully vetted member of the Amodu Apologists Club... I do not and will not apologise for being called or labeled as such...

For me the bottom line is output... I still blame Amodu for qualifying us for the WC... he sold players? Which player? He was too friendly with the players...and that means what exactly?

You can call him any name you want, as long as you add Winner too that...

Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Abeg M15 why you know wan give this guy a break...just like anybody else. Kinda apply this do your own daily life???
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

This is exactly what I was thinking - why on earth would he accept this position when there have been no changes since he was disgraced out of employment with the same NFA :evil:
MI5 wrote:Amodu again wow wonders will never and he will be a big fool if he accepts this offer....Some people will never learn...