SUPER-EAGLES LATESST NEWS-BY YOUR ONLY ADE OJEIKERE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
SUPER-EAGLES LATESST NEWS-BY YOUR ONLY ADE OJEIKERE

Post by GUEST »

Obafemi, Yobo, Abbey arrive, hit Abuja today
•••13 players begin training at Abuja Stadium
••• Chukwu optimistic of victory
By ADE OJEIKERE and ANDREW ABAH in Abuja
Inter Milan FC of Italy’s striker, Obafemi Martins arrived the country aboard Lufthansa Airline and he is expected to join his colleagues at the NICON Hotel in Abuja at noon.

Also in the country as at Wednesday night are Joseph Yobo and George Abbey and they leave Lagos today at 9.45am aboard IRS airline for Abuja.

Immediately arrived Obafemi the country, he moved straight to the Sheraton Hotel in Lagos at his expense and has promised to give his best on Saturday when Nigeria confronts Rwanda in one of the 2006 World Cup qualifiers holding at the Abuja stadium

Thirteen Super Eagles players loosened up and did light ball work to improve on their stamina on Wednesday evening at the magnificent Abuja Stadium under the watchful eyes of the team’s chief coach, Christian Chukwu.

The players trained for one hour from 5pm to 6pm with the emphasis by Chukwu forcused on getting them to shake off the effect of the long trip from London since the bulk of them arrived the country aboard Virgin Atlantic Airline at 5.15 am on Wednesday morning.

The 13 players spotted in training include goalkeepers Rotimi Sunday, Greg Etafia and Vincent Enyeama, John Utaka, Bartholomew Ogbeche, Ifeanyi Ekwueme, Christian Obodo and Seyi Olajengbensi.

Others include Garba Lawal, Rabiu Baita, Yakubu Adamu, Tosun Dosunmu and Paul Obiefule.
In a post-training interview with NewAgeSports, Chukwu expressed confidence in the players’ ability to beat Rwanda on Saturday adding that: “ With the right mentality, attitude and maximum concentration, Nigeria should beat Rwanda. I can assure you that we are planning for a resounding victory in order to put our World Cup quest on a solid footing.

Chukwu revealed that those key players who were dropped from the Rwanda needed time to recover from the tedious league season for their respective European clubs adding that: “Most of them would be invited for the next game against Angola on June 19 in Luanda
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

I expect a 4 kondo against Rwanda with Martins scoring a hat-trick :wink:
Rwanda be akamu team na :P
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

TOSIN DOSUNMU--MAY BE THE NEW REVELATION ON SATURDAY.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

When will Udeze arrive?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

O'BOY, THIS TEAM ALREADY IN CAMP IS SOLID IMHO. I EXPECT NOTHING THAN 3-0.
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

i hope overconfidence no go spoil everything for we peoples
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Guest,

You dey look for my truoble! "What do you mean by your only Ade Ojeikere" :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

i'm excited and here's why...

i think the mentallity that can develop excellent world-class football has finally arrived in nigeria. we are seeing phenomenal players (all signed to outstanding international ballclubs by the way) exhibit the desire to work hard and work together to form a national team.

i think we can predict that within a year or so, nigeria will REALLY arrive on the world scene.
and hopefully that'll be just the beginning of an extended presence in world soccer hierarchy.

props to CCC for having a vision and following it (at least thats what it appears to look like from here). the road is long but the journey will be well travelled and fun to watch.

go super eagles.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Everything seems to moving along nicely, all we need now is a professional display on saturday. Does anyone know if BEN is showing the match