Falcons await allowances from ministry

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Falcons await allowances from ministry

Post by naija4ever »

Super Falcons players who have been in camp for two weeks preparing for the 2004 Olympics Games in Athens have not received their daily allowances as promised by the sports ministry.

advertisement

The sports ministry became custodians of the female national team for the games on behalf of the Nigeria Football Association because of their feat at the All Africa Games in Abuja where they captured the soccer gold.

Sources informed Daily Independent that since the players reported to camp, they were yet to duly briefed by the ministry officials on how their entitlements would be met despite assurances that they would not lack the basic needs.

Although the problem has not spilled into complaints galore, the source however hinted that players are disturbed that the attitude of the ministry might consequently disrupt preparations.

"Nobody is telling us anything, we only hear that the players would be settled very soon. But when it would happen, is what l cannot say," said the source.

"This was exactly what NFA was doing when they were in charge. There has never been a time when the players are settled appropriately. It is either they are short-changed or not paid at all," lamented the source.

http://odili.net/news/source/2004/jun/2/314.html

Here we go again :evil: :x
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Too bad.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Wow the sad saga continues i wonder where ROBBYNICE is to come and shed more light to the story. Since he is the spokesman for NFA and Sports Ministry he will try to put his usual spin into things....

What a pity... :cry:
Soldier of Fortune...
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Too bad.

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Too bad.

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Too bad if true, funny the Falcons players did not mention it when we met last saturday.
What bother them most now is the fact that Ekeji says they should not be released to play league games for their clubs.
The players are livid and so is Coach Mabo.
According to them the Olympics is still in August and stopping them from playing for their clubs is injustice bearing in mind that their clubs pay them
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Pat Ikeji just never seem to go away. His name always seems to pop every now and then. What a disgrace... :evil: :evil: :evil:

ikwerreman wrote:Too bad if true, funny the Falcons players did not mention it when we met last saturday.
What bother them most now is the fact that Ekeji says they should not be released to play league games for their clubs.
The players are livid and so is Coach Mabo.
According to them the Olympics is still in August and stopping them from playing for their clubs is injustice bearing in mind that their clubs pay them
Soldier of Fortune...
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Ekeji seems to be a prime candidate for Aro :evil: :evil:

Imagine saying players should not be released to their clubs

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

The question I ask myself when I see any news article from a Nigerian source is "Is this true"? It is no different in this case. Even people like ikwerreman, who have access to the team doesn't know about it meanwhile we have MI5 jumping on the story. Wonders they say shall never end.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

KOC,

How did this yeye guy get in there in the first place? He seems to represent doom anywhere he goes. I will never forgive him and croonies for what they did at ACB and how they ran it aground. Yet he becomes the Dir of Sports development, what a shame.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

KickOff Chief wrote:Ekeji seems to be a prime candidate for Aro :evil: :evil:

Imagine saying players should not be released to their clubs
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

As usual Robbynice always looking the other way and not speaking the truth because your bosses are involved. When are you going to stand for something.?

How would you feel if you were told not to go back to work and stay in place doing nothing pls tell me how would you feel?

Robbynice wrote:The question I ask myself when I see any news article from a Nigerian source is "Is this true"? It is no different in this case. Even people like ikwerreman, who have access to the team doesn't know about it meanwhile we have MI5 jumping on the story. Wonders they say shall never end.
Soldier of Fortune...