BRAZIL V ARGENTINA......Score!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

omey2k4 wrote:Martin Palermo missed 3 penalties in 1 game when Argentina played in the copa merica in 1999.
Kai, you reminded me of that game. If na me miss the first one sef, i go dey fear to take anoda. The coach sef shhould have been slapped in the face for lettig him still be the spot kick taker.
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

scholl wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:Martin Palermo missed 3 penalties in 1 game when Argentina played in the copa merica in 1999.
Kai, you reminded me of that game. If na me miss the first one sef, i go dey fear to take anoda. The coach sef shhould have been slapped in the face for lettig him still be the spot kick taker.
who ever the coach was, he should be SHOT together with palermo
for allowing him to take 3 penalties,haba :!: 3
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

I saw the game and the first two PK's were justified but i don't know why Argentina didn't have a man on Ronaldo from the beginning and allowed him to roam so free inside and outside the box. Argentina despite with their all star lineup and star studded team came into this game relaxed and allowed Brazil to the iniative and control of the game. It wasn't until the the second half down 2-0 that they decided to start playing some real ball and should have scored at least 2-3 goals with the chances they had. Their only goal of the game came from Juan Pablo Sorin who followed up a header that came off post and he put it in. Many times Argentina started playing well putting nice and deft passes together in front of the Brazilian box and should have scored.

The third PK was uncalled for and Ronaldo took a dive after Cavallero tried to get the ball and not the man. The referee was useless and i believe their is some kind of consensous to favour Brazil anytime they play.

One thing i noticed Argentina did very well to expose Brazil was when they started crossing into their box from both sides Brazil had problems contesting headers in the box or were just ball watching and waiting to see who will head it among themselves. Argentina beat them to those balls many times and were unfortunate not to score. I also noticed Dida has problems dealing with crosses despite being the tallest player on the team wow...

A kind of one sided game until it picked up momentum in the second half when Argentina decided to start playing ball...
Soldier of Fortune...
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Dida is a basket, a team that plays with Roque Junior in its defence centre is asking for trouble
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

yaro maiwayo wrote:even if it is mi, i would not show my face in public :lol: hold up :| did argentina win the match
Palermo hit one against the bar, one against the post and the goalkeeper saved the last, if i remember correctly Argentina lost 3-0 to Colombia. i think they also had a penalty in the next game against Brasil but i think Ayala was the one that took that one, i think Dida saved that as well (Beto gave away the foul)
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes ohh and Argentina did stretch Roque Junior. I don't know why Parreira used him in first place that guy hasn't played for Brazil in a while.

Argentina went into this game not believing in themselves they could beat Brazil, it was only after they scored they realised that they were there for the taking but they were already down 2-0 by then.

Dodo wrote:Dida is a basket, a team that plays with Roque Junior in its defence centre is asking for trouble
Soldier of Fortune...
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Also note that Saviola didn't start... :roll: