BETWEEN GHANA & LIBYA-2008-YOUR CHOICE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ivanuche
Egg
Egg
BETWEEN GHANA & LIBYA-2008-YOUR CHOICE

Post by ivanuche »

S.A has withdrawn,so its a straight fight between Ghana and Libya,as regards the hosting of the nations cup 2008.

PRESS RELEASE CAF

Inspection visit to ACN 2008 bidding countries

1 June 04

The Confederation of African Football will send an inspection team from 10 June to 24 June to the countries bidding to host the 26th African Cup of Nations scheduled in 2008. The objective of this inspection is to assess the various infrastructures like the stadia, hotels, media and medical facilities.

The Members of the delegation are made of Patrick Okpomo, CAF member and head of delegation, and members are Dr Adnan El Guindy, assistant director in CAF competitions division and Walter Gagg, FIFA director of Security.

Initially three countries were bidding to host the 2008 African Nations Cup, which are South Africa, Ghana and, Libya. Recently, South Africa withdrew from the race.

The CAF inspection team will first visit Ghana from to 10th to 15th June and later proceed to Libya from 21st to 24th June.

At the end of their inspection, a report will be submitted to the CAF Executive Committee for examination.
The executive Committee will meet on 7th and 8th July to select the host country of CAN 2008 event. During the Executive meeting, the biding countries will make a presentation of their file.

The system of sending an inspection team to the countries bidding to host the African Cup of Nations is newly introduced this year in CAF and the decision was taken during the last CAF Executive Committee meeting held in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Whoever has the best facilities, money, good planning, logistics and all it takes to host a successful event should get it.
Soldier of Fortune...
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Naturally I would support Ghana, because first they are West African and second I'm part Ghanaian.

Libya might have some political edge because they are returning to the World Scene like South Africa in 96.

However, Ghana might play the 3-times-in-North-Africa card and say the only reason why West Africa held 3 consecutive Nations Cups was that we came to the aid of FIFA on the last one as Zimbabwe could not meet up. Either way, the loser of this bid would automatically become the favorites for the 2010 bid.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BETWEEN GHANA & LIBYA-2008-YOUR CHOICE

Post by 1naija »

Ghana all the way.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

I would typically have said Ghana too as there is more
possibility of home support for the SE - land travel is
possible.

However, Ghana co-hosted the event 4 years ago.
In fairness, it would be good to have another country
host it - assuming they have the $
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Yeah baby........at leat we are sure the games will be broadcast in English.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

sarkin doya wrote:I would typically have said Ghana too as there is more
possibility of home support for the SE - land travel is
possible.

However, Ghana co-hosted the event 4 years ago.
In fairness, it would be good to have another country
host it - assuming they have the $
Ghana co-hosted 8 years before this edition. It has also happened in the past where countries have hosted in 8-10 years. The first that comes to mind is Tunisia. Besides they only co-hosted to come to the aid of CAF without any host country.

Another thing, I don't like the idea of consecutive Nations Cups in North Africa. I think Hayatou too knows what this can do.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ghana, It will be sweet to hand them theirr ar*se in Accra....One Love.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I will support Ghana 'cos of Suya's madam :lol: :lol:
I beg Suya tell Madam say I am rooting for home country so when I come DC she will cook all those special Ghanaian delicacies for me :lol: :lol:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923