Rwanda will make Nigeria work hard, says coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

By Eniwoke Ibagere

ABUJA, June 4 (Reuters) - Rwanda national team coach Serbian Ratomir Dujkovic has promised his Nigerian opponents a difficult match in Saturday's 2006 World Cup Group Four African zone qualifier.

The game is the first meeting between both sides and the Rwandans come into the match with impressive performances last year and a debut outing at the 2004 African Nations Cup which won them the African Memorable Achievement Award.

"No doubt the Nigerians are a great side and favourites in the group, but they will have their hands full on Saturday," Dujkovic told Reuters in Abuja, venue of the match.

"Our preparations in the Ivory Coast put us in good shape, so if the Nigerians are going to win at all, they will find it really, really tough," he added.

Angola, Algeria, Gabon and Zimbabwe complete the group from which only the top team will qualify for the finals in Germany.

Dujkovic said his players were excited about their debut in the World Cup qualifiers but added: "I have made them realise the qualifiers are a long, tortuous competition although it will be a experience."

Rwanda suffered a setback when their Belgium-based captain Desire Mbonabucya, striker Claude Kalisa and midfielder Joao Rafael Elias Manamana were ruled out due to injuries and club commitments.

"We'll manage without them even though they are great players and important to our squad," added the Serbian.

He said four of his overseas-based players, including forward Jean Lomami with Zambian club Power Dynamos had made the trip to Abuja.

Lomami said: "Nigeria are famous for their high-profile players who we regularly talk about and watch on television, so we feel it's an honour to face them."

With an embarrassment of riches, the Nigerians have dropped six key players, including captain Jay-Jay Okocha and strikers Nwankwo Kanu and Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Lomami said: "Rwandan fans say the draw for the qualifiers was cruel because we are playing Nigeria, but it's an historic moment for us."

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Yes! we will surely work hard to beat them by at least 4-0... They should be ready to receive the nods coz the ranpaging stars of UTAK/OGBE/MARTINS/SEYI and Udenze comes to town against the Rwandans.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Anything less than 4-0 is not a victory for us. We must show our class and send the jitters down their spines that we are willing and able to spell the name of any team in our group that come to play us. Believe me, if we were playing ourselves, I would be scared of facing the frontmen (Martins, Ogbeche/Dosunmu, Utaka, Obodo, Seyi). They are going to find Nigeria a handful and the only way they can survive is simply sit back and defend forever so they never get caught in a breakaway. In the match against Ireland, it took Nigeria and average of 13 seconds to excute and complete a counter attack. Martins goal was scored in 11 seconds from picking the ball at the edge of our 18. The Rwandans must be able to run.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

At least this coach is being diplomatic. :P, did not realy yarn nonsence.
xxmanB2003
Egg
Egg

Post by xxmanB2003 »

AS one of their player said they are afraid of Naija. He said that it was an honour to play the SE and the watch naija stars on tv. So I think that we must not disappoint them by not giving them basket full of goals. Let the SE give them a enough number of goals to remember us by, at least 5 -0 will be good or even 4 - 0. I de mercy for them, this number of goals will teach their coach to know how to talk about the SE in future. Although I think that he was just sounding off, cos he knows what is in stock for his team on the pitch. Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
With God everything is possible.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Guys Rwanda deserve a lot more respect than they are being given on this forum. I just hope our players and coaches are not taking such an attitude because it will be unprofessional and could spell doom.

At the end of the day, all I am interested in is 3 points. We need a good start for this campaign and the Rwandans will not be an easy nut to crack.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Waffi, leave them. tomorrow go come.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Thank-you Waffi! I hope that we will see lots of goals
from the SE but they should not understimate the
Rwandans who as Waffi says will not be an easy nut
to crack.

Just bring us the three points and a well-played game
in which you give every effort to win.

> Guys Rwanda deserve a lot more respect than they
> are being given on this forum. I just hope our
> players and coaches are not taking such an attitude
> because it will be unprofessional and could spell doom.
>
>At the end of the day, all I am interested in is 3 points.
>We need a good start for this campaign and the
>Rwandans will not be an easy nut to crack.
Ilerika
Egg
Egg
Match tomorrow

Post by Ilerika »

I expect a very tough match tomorrow and I predict a very narrow win for the SE. There are no 'minnows' in soccer anymore.
mystic

Post by mystic »

When a coach is singing the praises of his opposition, he is simply fattening them up for the kill. Their coach is trying to play mind games with us by being so complimentary. I expect a tough match tommorrow, with Rwanda giving no quater.
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

hear hear. high expectations can be dangerous particularly against unknown quantities. lets calm down with the 4-0's.