KOLO TOURE IS A GARBAGE DEFENDER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Folks I'm sorry to say that this brothers time as one of the worlds best CB's is unfortunately over. Is there any wonder why CIV have been leaking goals so badly ? It is not just down to their poor goalkeeping problems, but Toure is just not good enough, he is quite poor actually. Who remembers how he lost the semi final game for CIV when he started running around the pitch like a man possessed instead of simply marking his man. Today he singlehandedly lost the game for Arsenal and cost them a semifinal birth. THe second goal he was ball watching and allowed Torres to latch onto a ball he never should have gotten. THe third goal, he pulled down Babel for no reason even though Gallas already had it covered. CIV are my second team and I used to be a big fan of Toure, but he will be nothing short of a disaster for CIV, I hereby declare Kolo Toure certified wastepipe.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Another Sam Kuffour :cry:
from worldclass to wastepipe :D
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Toure was never a defender by trade. He is a footballer though and he's incredible athletic.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Has Kollo Toure ever been World Class? Remember, when Webo (Cameroon ) scored 3 goals on him in Abidjan? Remember how, 2 weeks ago Didier Drogba abused him against Chelsea? It wasn't only the goals, DD scored. DD beat Kollo on every long ball. I mean, the ball is in the air for 4 minutes and DD still beats Kollo to it ... Give me a break. That's a pathetic defender.

I don't know, when Kollo has ever been a "World Class" defender.

Arsenal needs some true nasty Defenders.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Athletic? Please, watch DD abuse him ... a few weeks ago.

amafolas wrote:Toure was never a defender by trade. He is a footballer though and he's incredible athletic.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You guys are too quick to write-off players. It is actually beginning to become quite laughable. On CE a player can go from hero to zero in a millisecond. :lol:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YUJAM wrote:You guys are too quick to write-off players. It is actually beginning to become quite laughable. On CE a player can go from hero to zero in a millisecond. :lol:
yujam he has been making stupid mistakes for some time now, why do you think CIV has been leaking goals so much lately.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

YUJAM wrote:You guys are too quick to write-off players. It is actually beginning to become quite laughable. On CE a player can go from hero to zero in a millisecond. :lol:
I height of idiocy on this forum is just beyond belief. True, Kolo has lost his way since the ANC, but is he the only one who has? Gallas has not fared muc better, after Gallas cost us two goals against Chelski, I did not see anyone here say he was rubbish.

It must be said the Kolo and Gallas partnership must be replaced, it has not worked.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He definitely has not looked the same since his injury at the ANC. But I don't think this drop in form is enough grounds to write him off as a garbage defender especially when you judge this period against his largely stellar career.

My take on the Arsenal issue is that their squad is not deep enough. This means some players have had to play an inordinate amount of games so far this season. The rigors of playing so many games has taken a toll on players like Kolo and yes, Cesc who is not as prolific as he was earlier in the season.
vancity eagle wrote:
yujam he has been making stupid mistakes for some time now, why do you think CIV has been leaking goals so much lately.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

bepanda wrote:Athletic? Please, watch DD abuse him ... a few weeks ago.

amafolas wrote:Toure was never a defender by trade. He is a footballer though and he's incredible athletic.
athletic as in speed and strength. He's no where as strong as DD and DD is soooo much better in the air. Kolo Toure is fast, not Clichy and Walcott fast but he is still fast.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal have the numbers but they are kids who are very talented. What Arsenal lack is expereinced tough pros like Keown, Remi Garde, Adams, Lauren etc. etc to guide you through. For example, we conceeded so badly after we scored with 8 minutes to go. An old head would have made such a difference.
YUJAM wrote:He definitely has not looked the same since his injury at the ANC. But I don't think this drop in form is enough grounds to write him off as a garbage defender especially when you judge this period against his largely stellar career.

My take on the Arsenal issue is that their squad is not deep enough. This means some players have had to play an inordinate amount of games so far this season. The rigors of playing so many games has taken a toll on players like Kolo and yes, Cesc who is not as prolific as he was earlier in the season.
vancity eagle wrote:
Da Chief
Egg
Egg

Post by Da Chief »

I think it's safe to say Arsenal will be buying at the end of the season. At least they will make two purchases. Peeps keeping on about wingers that are incapable of scoring but what Arsenal desperately needs is a solid, prolific striker like Henry who can play center forward and from the wings.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him for forgiveness. – Emo Philips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hh96Ex-94s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFGR1HWcdY&feature=fvw
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Wenger don agree say im defense men were naive!!
AW need to buy, all the "poku lowo e" need to stop. JAIDI of Tunsia would have made the difference yesterday.

:lol: "poku lowo e" = buying on the flea bargain price :D :D :D
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Da Chief wrote:I think it's safe to say Arsenal will be buying at the end of the season. At least they will make two purchases. Peeps keeping on about wingers that are incapable of scoring but what Arsenal desperately needs is a solid, prolific striker like Henry who can play center forward and from the wings.
Our strikers have delivered. People said how do we replace Hnery's goals, but we have done that. We do not need a striker.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:I think it's safe to say Arsenal will be buying at the end of the season. At least they will make two purchases. Peeps keeping on about wingers that are incapable of scoring but what Arsenal desperately needs is a solid, prolific striker like Henry who can play center forward and from the wings.
Our strikers have delivered. People said how do we replace Hnery's goals, but we have done that. We do not need a striker.
I think people forget that the "Garbage" Adebayor out scored El Nino over the two legs. First goal put up 1-0 at home in the first leg only for us to concede the equaliser 3 minutes later after Kolo lost out to Gerrard. Last night his goal with a few minutes left should have put us though to the semi finals but Kolo lost the plot and the ref was a prat.

We have far more urgent needs, also why can't people accept that Ade is still improving and he is far from the finished article? I agree we do need another striker but only as foil for Ade much like Dudu was prior to his chatostraphic
injury.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

bepanda wrote:Has Kollo Toure ever been World Class? Remember, when Webo (Cameroon ) scored 3 goals on him in Abidjan? Remember how, 2 weeks ago Didier Drogba abused him against Chelsea? It wasn't only the goals, DD scored. DD beat Kollo on every long ball. I mean, the ball is in the air for 4 minutes and DD still beats Kollo to it ... Give me a break. That's a pathetic defender.

I don't know, when Kollo has ever been a "World Class" defender.

Arsenal needs some true nasty Defenders.
Why are you talking like this, is it a crime for somebody to respect his ELDER BROTHER on the pitch? At least me and you know that if DD is not Toure big brother, DD can't do nothing against the world class wastepipe.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

Eh YAKO KOLO :(
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Kolo Toure's achilles has been evident for all who are objective. He has made unpardonable errors every year since the raping by Martins a few years ago. Most of his mistakes happen at the bussiness end of the season, which is why l am not buying the idea that he is off form.He needs his defensive pair doing well or he falls apart. l kept saying it here that he is not better than Yobo, l hope we can all see that now. Arsene should get a solid CD and keep him on the bench.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: KOLO TOURE IS A GARBAGE DEFENDER

Post by omey2k4 »

vancity eagle wrote:Folks I'm sorry to say that this brothers time as one of the worlds best CB's is unfortunately over. Is there any wonder why CIV have been leaking goals so badly ? It is not just down to their poor goalkeeping problems, but Toure is just not good enough, he is quite poor actually. Who remembers how he lost the semi final game for CIV when he started running around the pitch like a man possessed instead of simply marking his man. Today he singlehandedly lost the game for Arsenal and cost them a semifinal birth. THe second goal he was ball watching and allowed Torres to latch onto a ball he never should have gotten. THe third goal, he pulled down Babel for no reason even though Gallas already had it covered. CIV are my second team and I used to be a big fan of Toure, but he will be nothing short of a disaster for CIV, I hereby declare Kolo Toure certified wastepipe.
UR a fake football fan
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Steady on now :shock: Footballers have bad games but it doesn't mean you should ridicule the guy. Why do we judge people on just one game or one mistake?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: KOLO TOURE IS A GARBAGE DEFENDER

Post by kenmega »

vancity eagle wrote:Folks I'm sorry to say that this brothers time as one of the worlds best CB's is unfortunately over. Is there any wonder why CIV have been leaking goals so badly ? It is not just down to their poor goalkeeping problems, but Toure is just not good enough, he is quite poor actually. Who remembers how he lost the semi final game for CIV when he started running around the pitch like a man possessed instead of simply marking his man. Today he singlehandedly lost the game for Arsenal and cost them a semifinal birth. THe second goal he was ball watching and allowed Torres to latch onto a ball he never should have gotten. THe third goal, he pulled down Babel for no reason even though Gallas already had it covered. CIV are my second team and I used to be a big fan of Toure, but he will be nothing short of a disaster for CIV, I hereby declare Kolo Toure certified wastepipe.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The statement says it all!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Wenger is too stubborn to buy.
I actually alomst thought the kids could get something for Arsenal this season but they have proved once again that you do not win anything with Kids.
The mental toughness is just not there.
They tried from August until February but a kid is a kid, right?
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

ikwerreman wrote:

Wenger is too stubborn to buy.
I actually alomst thought the kids could get something for Arsenal this season but they have proved once again that you do not win anything with Kids.
The mental toughness is just not there.
They tried from August until February but a kid is a kid, right?
AMEN!