How do we accomodate YAK, JAG and King Kanu?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg
How do we accomodate YAK, JAG and King Kanu?

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Based on current form, why not the following attacking line-up?

----------------------------- YAK -----------------------------
-------------------------------------- KANU ---------------------------------------
----- OKOCHA ---------------------------------------- AGHAHOWA ------------

--------------------OLOFINJANA?-------OBODO--------------------------------

---BABAYARO--------WEST-----------OKORONKWO------YOBO-------------

--------------------------------- GOALIE? ----------------------------------------

as part of a 4-4-2 formation?

We just need 2 correct central midfielders. Obodo for DM and then who fills the other spot?

With Yak scoring, we need JAG's speed and strength in an attacking midfield role, linking with Kanu and getting behind the defence.

Okocha's skillz from the left will provide Yak with plenty chances.
Last edited by Jiggerman21 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

in a diamond forward formation
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

uhm..what is aghahowa doing next to Okocha....our down fall willl come when we try to play all four at the same time...we still haven't learnt....damn. A midfield with Kanu and Okocha is like a car with a fifth wheel in the middle of all four tyres...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
bigtola
Egg
Egg

Post by bigtola »

I'm not sure if its a good idea for Kanu and Oga to play at the same time.
Life is beautiful
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Blakes wrote:uhm..what is aghahowa doing next to Okocha....our down fall willl come when we try to play all four at the same time...we still haven't learnt....damn. A midfield with Kanu and Okocha is like a car with a fifth wheel in the middle of all four tyres...
Check the edited full formation. This should work
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well what about ATL 96 they both played together
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

bigtola wrote:I'm not sure if its a good idea for Kanu and Oga to play at the same time.
We need both though.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

What if JAg and Yak strike
Kanu playes behind them as a centre forward
Okocha plays on the left (as he does for Bolton and did on BBC's team of 2003)
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Oga and Kanu at the same time?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

27 wrote:What if JAg and Yak strike
Kanu playes behind them as a centre forward
Okocha plays on the left (as he does for Bolton and did on BBC's team of 2003)
But who plays right midfield?

I think we need Jag there for strength and speed. He is good going forward, linking with Kanu to get into a scoring position. Also, he is a good engine for the midfield and helping out Yobo. Remember ANC 2000 Final in Naija when he was deployed to the left to assist Babayaro?

If Yak keeps his form then JAG will be more useful in this position.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

How do we accomodate YAK, JAG and King
Buy a 3 bedroom men! :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

NOW THAT OBA MARTINS IS OUT OF THE PICTURE..I THINK CCC TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE THIS BLEAVE IT OR NOT...

************************Aghahowa

********************Kanu

Jay-Jay********Obodo*******Olofinjana/Ekong********Utaka

Baba/udeze********Okononkwo******West********Yobo

Sup..Yakubu.Ayegbeni.....Ikedia....Lawal....Abey...and others who will deserve to be menstioned...will be in tunisia comon nigeria have what it takes...i bleave ccc will shut his critics by wining the cub....i just hope he makes the right choice on players
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

:lol: :lol:

Now let's get serious.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Kanu and jay jay cannot play at the same time...the only way i see it working is if Okocha plays as a winger....anyhting less will result in some serious redundance in the midfield...
-Biggie
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Diamond midfield With Kanu playing Attacking midfield/centre forward. He seems to relish playing in that role.

JAg and Yak have a great record of scoring against Africann teams and Kanu's doesn't seem to come close to either of theirs.(Correct me if I'm wrong)
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Blakes,
check the formation now?

I think it is deadly. Only problem is Goalkeeper :roll:
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

If Jay-Jay is going to be deployed in the left wing position, the left full back won't get a lot of protection and as such we'll need someone that defends better than udeze or babayaro. I think melkam is more solid defensively than these 2.
Also I'm not sure Okoronkwo should start. The guy is not match-fit; hasn't played a league match for too long. i'd rather go with Yobo and West in the central defense and have abbey/osim in the right full back position. Okoronkwo can be a back up on the bench against morocco and S.africa . If the results of both these games are favorable to us he can then get a work-out against Benin. It's too risky to play a match-rusty central defender in the first 2 must-win games at the ANC
Last edited by omonoba on Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

I would bring Kanu in as a substitute for Okocha or for a striker in the last 20 minutes of the game.

My formation:

-------------------------Aghahowa-------Aiyegbeni--------------------------

------------------------------------ Okocha-------------------------------------

---Utaka---------------Obodo-----------Olofinjana--------------Kalu------

----------------Okoronkwo--------West-------------Yobo------------------

BENCH
- Kanu
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Kanu starts on the bench.

Pure & Simple. The man has done nothing to warrant a start, & his effectiveness is always optimal when he is in the game in the last 30 minutes. He can then play any position from attacking midfielder to top striker.

Whenever he starts a game he runs out of gas within 30 minutes, so please Chukwu should start him on the bench and bring him in the second half if necessary
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

We need to go back to one our successful time, when we have wingers and the battering ram of Amo. Yak can play the Amo role, Aghahowa as the stricker. I'll still play Kanu and Okocha together. Kanu can hold the ball and unlock defences with his kille passes. Okocha has added a new dimension to his game. His work rate is phenomenal and his free-kicks are more acurate.

We just need to sort out the application constant presure on defenders from the wings by utilising fast and effective wingers.

We seem to have good defensive midfielders and defenders. The only worry for me is

Goal-keeper
Tactics and
Team Selection and formation
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Just read
now that Aliadiere is injured WENGER WILL GET HEAD POISON
:lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal 4-1 Middlesbrough

Saturday's Premiership photos
Thierry Henry led Arsenal back to the top of the Premiership as they crushed Middlesbrough at Highbury.
Henry gave the Gunners the lead by slotting home a penalty after Patrick Vieira had been fouled by Ugo Ehiogu.

They doubled their lead when an Henry free-kick was sliced into his own net by Boro defender Franck Queudrue.

Robert Pires made it three and Freddie Ljungberg slotted home after Kanu's run, before Massimo Maccarone netted a late consolation penalty for Boro.

Arsenal got off to a flying start, keen to get back on top of the Premiership with champions Manchester United not playing until Sunday.

Jeremie Aliadiere - replacing Kanu in the Gunners attack - nearly opened the scoring after just 41 seconds, but he was denied by the legs of Mark Schwarzer.

And soon after Henry curled a right-foot shot from the edge of the box that Schwarzer did well to turn over the crossbar.

KEY MOMENTS
39 mins: Henry scores from the penalty spot
45 mins: Queudrue's own goal doubles Arsenal's lead
57 mins: Pires slots home
68 mins: Ljungberg converts Kanu's pass
86 mins: Maccarone scores a penalty for Boro

But Middlesbrough managed to weather the early storm, and Doriva tested Jens Lehmann with a vicious 30-yard strike that the German parried away to safety.

As the game swung from end-to-end Patrick Vieira fired wide from 25 yards, then the Frenchman had to be alert to cut out a cross from the right that was heading for George Boateng.

With 37 minutes gone, Arsenal finally got the breakthrough. Vieira surged into the box and was tripped by Ehiogu, Henry stepping up to convert from the spot.

In first-half stoppage time the hosts doubled their advantage. Henry curled in a testing free-kick from the left and Queudrue could only slice the ball into his own net.

Arsenal needed to score four goals to go back to the top of the table, and they came out after the break looking determined to add to their tally.

After Boudewijn Zenden sent a shot wide for Boro, the Gunners moved through the gears once again and Doriva did well to block a fierce Ljungberg volley.

Aliadiere is a genuine contender of outstanding quality who can become Henry's partner and he's bound to get even better!

From Legends Of Highbury
Have your say on 606
Henry then burst away down the left and although Gareth Southgate managed to block his cross, the ball fell kindly for Pires who rammed it past Schwarzer.

Kanu, who came on for the injured Aliadiere at half-time, produced a piece of magic for Arsenal's fourth.

The skilful Nigerian went on a jinking run that ran the Boro rearguard ragged, and Swede Ljungberg was on hand to convert his pass past a bemused Schwarzer for his 50th goal for the club.

As Arsenal stepped off the accelerator Boro finally enjoyed some prolonged possession, and they looked keen to narrow the margin of defeat as Juninho's shot was blocked by Sol Campbell.

Four minutes from time they did grab a consolation, as Gilberto fouled Juninho in the area and Maccarone slotted past Lehmann from 12 yards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal: Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Cygan, Cole, Ljungberg, Vieira, Silva, Pires, Henry, Aliadiere. Subs: Keown, Parlour, Edu, Kanu, Stack.

Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Mills, Southgate, Ehiogu, Queudrue, Job, Boateng, Downing, Doriva, Zenden, Nemeth. Subs: Riggott, Maccarone, Juninho Paulista, Parnaby, Jones.

Referee: A D'Urso (Essex).
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

I will play the 4 (in capital letters) in a diamond formation with the following as subs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKANU/Agalixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxYAK/UttakaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJAG/Ikedia

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJJ/Osazexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

first of all u guys have to understand that there is nothing wrong with commming in off the bench...with a player like kanu it is even advantageous, Kanu has had his best games comming in off the bench i.e Arsenal vs chelsea... And there is nothing that will annnoy the defence more than to bring in kanu when they are all tired....Kanu does not have the stamina to give it his all for ninety minues....and secondly how can we have 2 ball holding skillful passers in one midfield....okocha and kanu?
sometimes tooo much good stuff is not always good...
-Biggie