why & what do you miss about Naija?????????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

cchinukw wrote:The food for certain. I've been told by a nutritionist friend of mine that Nigerian foods like Agbono soup and stew could pose health risks.
SSHHAAAAARAAP there, and you miss the food, why we never dey die anyhow
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

yaro maiwayo wrote:
cchinukw wrote:The food for certain. I've been told by a nutritionist friend of mine that Nigerian foods like Agbono soup and stew could pose health risks.
SSHHAAAAARAAP there, and you miss the food, why we never dey die anyhow
Ol boy cchinukw, don't believe some of these dodo nutritionists...And when you were(or were not) in the bording facilities, did you remember any of your friends falling over and dying from these foods???I would think not, and for your info, most of thesse nutritionists have not tried or followed anyone on a diet of these foods, so "don't believe the hype"...You ate these foods as well, and you are an example of what won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

original skeepolah wrote:
Ol boy cchinukw, don't believe some of these dodo nutritionists...And when you were(or were not) in the bording facilities, did you remember any of your friends falling over and dying from these foods???I would think not, and for your info, most of thesse nutritionists have not tried or followed anyone on a diet of these foods, so "don't believe the hype"...You ate these foods as well, and you are an example of what won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Original Skeepolah,
You cant be making this type of statement after your Papa has worked hard and sent you to school!
You know we are not a scientific people, and we only believe something is happening if and only if it happens right in front of our very eyes. And even then, we try our best to give it another nonsensical explanation.

So as far as you are concerned, from your above post, as long as no-one drops dead immediately after eating 'ogbonna', or 'cowleg' or some other 'delicacy', it is therefore good for you?
So those that die of atherosclerosis/ myocardial infarction after decades of eating blobs of saturated fats in Nigeria dont count?
Do you even know what is in the foods we are eating?
Are you aware of the life expectancy of Nigerians, after eliminating, murder , RTAs and infant mortality rates?
Do you know of any research at all on Nigerian diets?

If the answer to these questions is 'No', then I suggest you stop misleading people and perpetuaing myths.
You are killing people. From this your statement, you probably don kill like 3 or 4 people already! :lol: :lol:
Believe it or not, some people look up to you simply because you speak English and therefore, presumably, have gone to school.

We are most probably eating ourselves to death, fats, toxic waste, fertiliser chemicals and all.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Thought wrote:Its smoked ram meat. Personally I think that is an unmatched meat dish.

Usually you see the guys smoking it, or barbecueing it, slowly ontop of newspapers over a drum fire. Meat so deliciously tender and juicy. Could drive you crazy.

I dont know if it is popular in the South but it is up North.
it's called "Asun" down here...... meat well peppered and bbqed.... and cut into small pieces and served with a tooth pick for sophistication...
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

yettycom wrote:
Thought wrote:Its smoked ram meat. Personally I think that is an unmatched meat dish.

Usually you see the guys smoking it, or barbecueing it, slowly ontop of newspapers over a drum fire. Meat so deliciously tender and juicy. Could drive you crazy.

it's called "Asun" down here...... meat well peppered and bbqed.... and cut into small pieces and served with a tooth pick for sophistication...

So can one reasonably assume that you are a sophisticated lady?
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Thought wrote:
yettycom wrote:

dont know bout that one o... most of the time, i no send.... i smoke garri when i want and dont care who sees me doing so.... like i tell people, y would i inconvenience myself unnecessarily especially when i want something that doesn't seem appropriate to you.... :D :D
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

u smoke garri? :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

yettycom wrote:
Thought wrote:
yettycom wrote:

dont know bout that one o... most of the time, i no send.... i smoke garri when i want and dont care who sees me doing so.... like i tell people, y would i inconvenience myself unnecessarily especially when i want something that doesn't seem appropriate to you.... :D :D
Im sure you get your own sophistication... abeg, shey smoking garri mean say you dey chop dry garri?
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Living, Thought to smoke Garri is slang for soaking garring water ,preferably ice-cold, garnishing it with sugar and milk and proceeding to wak the thing..
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

thought,

that thing na BALANGU and yes its the tastiest meat you caneat anywhere.

yettycom,

Asun na Goat meat diced with hot peppers - popular with Ondo/Ile-Oluji guys
visit the village square
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
original skeepolah wrote:
Original Skeepolah,
You cant be making this type of statement after your Papa has worked hard and sent you to school!
You know we are not a scientific people, and we only believe something is happening if and only if it happens right in front of our very eyes. And even then, we try our best to give it another nonsensical explanation.

So as far as you are concerned, from your above post, as long as no-one drops dead immediately after eating 'ogbonna', or 'cowleg' or some other 'delicacy', it is therefore good for you?
So those that die of atherosclerosis/ myocardial infarction after decades of eating blobs of saturated fats in Nigeria dont count?
Do you even know what is in the foods we are eating?
Are you aware of the life expectancy of Nigerians, after eliminating, murder , RTAs and infant mortality rates?
Do you know of any research at all on Nigerian diets?

If the answer to these questions is 'No', then I suggest you stop misleading people and perpetuaing myths.
You are killing people. From this your statement, you probably don kill like 3 or 4 people already! :lol: :lol:
Believe it or not, some people look up to you simply because you speak English and therefore, presumably, have gone to school.

We are most probably eating ourselves to death, fats, toxic waste, fertiliser chemicals and all.
So our food is bad,ehh???????????What of oyimbo food added with such things as additives,preservatives and thee like??/I would take our natural food anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But you might be right, maybe i am missing something!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

The parties in naija.......stay up late, eat jollof ric, goat meat and down it with mineral (other delicacies as well), talk (yarn) and dance all night with peeps,etc....Then when some jealous goons com wan mess am up, some area boy where you invite but dey disguise himself like ajebo go come out and flash dem..............
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

K wrote:thought,

that thing na BALANGU and yes its the tastiest meat you caneat anywhere.

yettycom,

Asun na Goat meat diced with hot peppers - popular with Ondo/Ile-Oluji guys
thanks for the info......... :twisted:
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

AreaDaddy wrote:Living, Thought to smoke Garri is slang for soaking garring water ,preferably ice-cold, garnishing it with sugar and milk and proceeding to wak the thing..
God bless u o jare Areadaddy.... u are indeed in the spirit.. :D :D :D
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

AreaDaddy wrote:Living, Thought to smoke Garri is slang for soaking garring water ,preferably ice-cold, garnishing it with sugar and milk and proceeding to wak the thing..
Milk ke?? All u ajebotas sef!!!! Abeg remove that hard face wey dey for your avatar and change yah handle... :lol: :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

theDunamis, you no dey chop garri with milk? If e dey why not? :lol:

abi you na strictly gari and sugar(+salt) combo you dey use?
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Thought wrote:theDunamis, you no dey chop garri with milk? If e dey why not? :lol:

Thought, u sef dey look for trouble, this one wey u come add salt again :lol: :lol:. No mind me anyway, I just wan yab AreaDaddy wey get hard handle and avatar, come dey drink garri with milk. If better areaboys catch am...
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

theDunamis wrote:
Thought wrote:theDunamis, you no dey chop garri with milk? If e dey why not? :lol:

Thought, u sef dey look for trouble, this one wey u come add salt again :lol: :lol:. No mind me anyway, I just wan yab AreaDaddy wey get hard handle and avatar, come dey drink garri with milk. If better areaboys catch am...

abi oh! with that kind face, garri with milk no make sense. Hard guys no dey do dat kind ajebo runs. :lol:
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .areadaddy I offcourse know what smoking garri means, just trying to pull yettycom's leg.
But wait oh Areadaddy, with that avatar wey u get, I find it hard to believe u drink milk with garri :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Anyway the best na too soak garri , then garnish it with sugar, milk and peanuts then with (ice water, naija english) cold water.then e goes be that.I dey trip for u guys wey dey add salt to garri, i bow :P .E belike say na guys from south-south dey like that thing cos all my friends and our househelp one time dey mak the thing with salt
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Linda@Ejimofor wrote:hmm.. i`m not a " Nigerian " however i do feel connected with Nija trough my hubbs and i miss the healthy food , the sun , cherry`s and my inlaws , especially mama from the village. She`s such a sweet lady :wink:
Eventhough you claim to be married to a Nigerian, thanks for not claiming Nigeria cos you definately are not one,.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

theDumais, Lving , Thought....

For me no be just any kind milk , na Milk of Magnesia I dey take soak my garri. If una think say you hard make I see you try dat one
:twisted:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

living, bros, as far as I know, na condition dey make man pikin add salt for garri. For school if sugar scarce na to add just a little bit of salt to the small sugar wey pesin get.

If g-nut no dey, kuli-kuli go dey splendid.